[1.3.x] Kungfooe's [Bloodlines] IronWill Glacial Cascade -- 7.7k Life + 10%+ Regen

"
wolfx28 wrote:
how do you deal with the mana cost?

Good question! From the tree I'm able to get 19% reduced mana cost of skills (Unrelenting life/mana cost reduction cluster) and 145% mana regen. On a 4L it costs 33 mana to cast. The mana regen coupled with Clarity is all that is needed to run a 4L. If you have a 6L and are planning to add in Conc Effect and Increased AoE you'll need to invest two points into the Righteous Decree notable. It will help with reducing the mana cost an additional 12% and give you 22% increased mana. You may also be able to overcome the mana cost with a lot of regen on gear, or a combination of these two.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
"
iGanc wrote:
Super interesting build! I'm making a new Marauder just to try this out. Only thing I need are those boots and astrainments. I'm just gonna go glacial cascade the whole way, currently lvl 23.

I'll post in here as I level more, might take a while, I don't have the time I used to.

Awesome; glad you're excited about the build. I'd definitely be keen to hear your thoughts about leveling a GC since I leveled as melee.
In since 0.8.0
"
kungfooe wrote:
"
cmphx wrote:
RIP.

please post at least some character screens ! I so want to do try this !

I uploaded stat screenshots of my offensive and defensive tabs. Let me know what other screen shots you'd be interested in seeing and I'd be happy to add them.

thanks alot !

Some questions:
does 17% movement speed hurt? how fast are you warping around ?

you dont have leech anywhere, is the high life regen enough to be playing smoothly ?

could you upload a video of you doing a decent map ? I wonder how the clearspeed feels like compared to e.g. a crit glacial spec.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
thanks alot !

Some questions:
does 17% movement speed hurt? how fast are you warping around ?

Nope. I'm able to warp really quickly. Plus, if I ever want to move faster I just pop my quicksilver. I occassionally swap this flask (or a granite) out if I'm needing a topaz/ruby/sapphire flask. If you were able to get a Taste of Hate, I'd use that over one of the granite flasks.

"
cmphx wrote:

you dont have leech anywhere, is the high life regen enough to be playing smoothly ?

Very much so.

"
cmphx wrote:

could you upload a video of you doing a decent map ? I wonder how the clearspeed feels like compared to e.g. a crit glacial spec.

I'll look into making one so you can compare the clear speed for yourself (as I've never done crit GC).
In since 0.8.0
thanks alot for your answers !

do you think this could also work with lightning tendrils (or other aoe-based spells) ? Since your tree is not limited to any element or spell other than AoE, i think one could try different options too.

another question, is getting stunned a problem for you ? your lifepool is really high, but i can imagine charging rhoas could stun and hurt you alot, what is your experience on that?

and, last one, is this doable without astramentis? its really expensive and i cant afford it atm in bloodlines.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
thanks alot for your answers !

do you think this could also work with lightning tendrils (or other aoe-based spells) ? Since your tree is not limited to any element or spell other than AoE, i think one could try different options too.

I would recommend trying other spells out and see what feels best to you. I've found that GC feels stronger with this current build than other pure elemental spells. The central issue that I see is that it's much easier to get a lot of %elemental nodes in the tre to scale pure elemental skills like Tendrils. In contrast, GC requires % spell damage nodes to scale both the phys and cold portion of GC, which are quite limited in the tree. Because of the small number of these nodes, especially compared to elemental nodes, I chose to go with GC as the spell.

"
cmphx wrote:

another question, is getting stunned a problem for you ? your lifepool is really high, but i can imagine charging rhoas could stun and hurt you alot, what is your experience on that?

I don't really worry about getting stunned. Even if it does happen, it is rare, so getting stun-locked isn't a large concern. Additionally, even if you do somehow get hit hard several times in a row, resulting in a series of stuns, the regen is so strong your life pool doesn't take much of a hit overall.

"
cmphx wrote:

and, last one, is this doable without astramentis? its really expensive and i cant afford it atm in bloodlines.

Yes. What I would do is find a Turquoise Amulet with explicit Int and Dex rolls on it, as well as pick up the +30 Dex (Expertise) and Int (Ancestral Knowledge) nodes in the tree. This is what I plan to do when starting this character in a fresh economy. This should end up providing you with enough dex and int to use any of the other gems and gear you'll need. Another neck to consider would be Atziri's Foible, as it reduces gem requirements and would provide you with some additional mana regen.
In since 0.8.0
That's how I am planning to try this build on the cheap.

Get an amulet with 50+ dex and int. Also look for +resist and +life on it. Then Meginord's Vice with +100 str. The combo should get me pretty close to an Astramentis but much cheaper.

"
ToplessWonder wrote:
That's how I am planning to try this build on the cheap.

Get an amulet with 50+ dex and int. Also look for +resist and +life on it. Then Meginord's Vice with +100 str. The combo should get me pretty close to an Astramentis but much cheaper.

I'd be curious to know how well it translates to practice. Feel free to post your thoughts after trying it out.
In since 0.8.0
Is a 5 link set up stronger than the 4L setup with lvl 30 iron will?

When we get a 5 link, is the unique weapon still mandatory? Wouldn't we beenfit more from a castspeed/100% spell damage wand with maybe 1% Cold leech?

Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
"
Chickenlal wrote:
Is a 5 link set up stronger than the 4L setup with lvl 30 iron will?

Perhaps, but it would depend upon what your 5-th link was. AoE and Conc Effect are the ideal gems for the 6L, and the AoE doesn't help the damage for the 5-th link, and Conc Effect makes the AoE of GC much much smaller (so it slows your effect clear speed as a 5-th link due to the reduced AoE). Thus, I think both are needed for the 6L.

Additionally, the level 30 Iron Will in Doon gives an increased 10% cast speed, so that is quite helpful.

"
Chickenlal wrote:
When we get a 5 link, is the unique weapon still mandatory? Wouldn't we beenfit more from a castspeed/100% spell damage wand with maybe 1% Cold leech?

Again, this will probably depend upon your strength and what your 5-th link would be. Once you have 900+ strength though, I'm thinking Doon is better overall though, since every 8 strength gives a 1% damage boost. So 900 strength is the same thing as 112.5% spell damage. Plus Doon can roll up to 18% cast speed.

So would a rare wand be better? Eh, maybe if you greatly desired the cold leech (but the regen in this build is so strong I don't think cold leech is needed). Otherwise, Doon will gain more damage (125% at 1000 strength, and going upwards from there) with only slightly lower cast speed (18% top) compared to a rare wand. Plus, the value of a wand that strong to compete with Doon will be much much greater than the value of Doon.
In since 0.8.0
Last edited by kungfooe on Feb 27, 2015, 2:20:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info