[1.3.x] Kungfooe's [Bloodlines] IronWill Glacial Cascade -- 7.7k Life + 10%+ Regen

"
Teslatest wrote:
10%+ regen, why not going with RF for more spell damage?

Great question! This is something I've thought about doing, but don't have a RotP currently. If/When I get my hands on one I will probably do some testing with it though. The more spell damage with all of the increased spell damage from Iron Will will stack well together.

The downside to using RotP is that the regen on this build won't always feel as strong as it does currently w/o Rightous Fire, with the trade off being more damage. I will need to do testing to help determine if the damage boost is worth the cut to life regen.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
Last edited by kungfooe on Feb 3, 2015, 10:39:57 AM
Is it worth take the elemental damage nodes (atleast the gones who lead you yo Celestial Judgement/Punishment). I guess since this is not a crit build, both of that could give a huge damage boost. What do you think about it ?
liking the look of this alot!!!
Last edited by facelessman122 on Feb 3, 2015, 11:37:41 AM
"
yota wrote:
Is it worth take the elemental damage nodes (atleast the gones who lead you yo Celestial Judgement/Punishment). I guess since this is not a crit build, both of that could give a huge damage boost. What do you think about it ?

Another good question! I've thought about this and I don't think so. With my current tree it would be 4 points for

-16% elemental damage
-5% chance to freeze, ignite, and shock
- 25% increased damage against frozen, shock, ignited enemies

However, because only about 2/3 of Glacial Cascade is cold (the other 1/3 is phys), you're only getting an effective 2/3 of the 16% ele damage increase, so basically 10.3%. Couple this with an average damage boost per node breakdown and it's essentially like each node is worth 2.6% ele damage, 1.25% chance to freeze/shock/ignite, and 6.25% increased damage against frozen/shocked/ignited enemies to path and get Celestial Punishment.

Celestial Judgement is in a similar situation, but the 2% cold penetration is interesting. If you were certain you had to path to this wheel, I'd select Judgement over Punishment because of the power of damage penetration.

Overall, if you had the points to spare in your tree I think they would be better placed into the 3, 10% spell damage nodes at the beginning of the templar tree right next to the Retribution notable. In our build we really want to focus on spell damage, as it will scale both portions of Glacial Cascade. So for 3 points we get 30% spell damage, saving us 1 point and the enemies don't have to be shocked/ignited/frozen to gain the extra damage. The last point could go into the elemetnal damage node at the beginning of templar (about as effective as if it were an 8% spell damage node), survivability, cast speed, or something else.
In since 0.8.0
Can u link ur Gear plz, love ur idea btw
"
kungfooe wrote:

Great question! This is something I've thought about doing, but don't have a RotP currently.

Hi mate ! I lost my desire to create new fun build, until I saw your post : thanks a lot !

Be careful, a long post is behind this little spoiler

Your build can maximize regen, life and elemental resistance very easly ! And it uses a spell as a main skill..It's just 100% a RF character !

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kjEWD38WGPG2IzP7w4UIF8_5FFQR_IvGj7xrCkufLhXDdl8ggfyQdIhAeenMJ7NGJG8n_xLFE2E72EhGlVkozboEuGi6gUteu907SfVYEuE2QHc4uq9Nkd-vqdlTQn21HwGDiftGS7ZYXasz36tjf5UDc0rUBzOPQ_E9i3SOth8uySLnz6QVScv7DgaOIKb7TyaO9WmV5TvfDwFwGaf3_AfogAEs2jyp1V8DkPIW6DAmgmq2fzYvf4Ktz7GrjwtMZ6mVzrh8kX-jzWSTeP56EGHlKDaYmh0DF8cp1Olu-2Rzg==

I try to maximize regen / life / spell damage / endurances charges / high armour / other great buff

The important stats for the laziest

Tank : +245% max life, 13% life regen, +200% armour, +0,2% life regen per endurance charge, +33% elem res

DPS : +390 strength, +60% spell damage, some radius/area damage, +15% cast speed, some fire/elemental damage

Buff : +3 endurance charges, +36% increase duration, +1% to maximum Fire Resistance

Mana : 85% mana regen, 20% reduced mana cost

The idea is to use a melee Glacial Cascade thanks to a SUPER TANKY character ! This "melee location" increase your damage a lot thanks to RoF (with this pool of life..it's enormous) and Concentrated effect on GC !

How to substain the "melee location" ?

=> Thanks to 13% life regen, 200% armour and 245% maximum life..this is more than amazing

=> 0.2*8 = +1.6% life regen from endurance charges AND less physical damage taken

=> Res cap easly

Gems and links ?

6L : Glacial Cascade + Iron Will + Faster casting + Spell echo + Concentrated effect + Added chaos damage

4L : Vitality + Purity of Fire + Herald of ice + Reduced mana

4L : CWDT + Enduring cry + Spell echo + Frost Wall

4L : Herald of Thunder + Curse on hit +FrostBite + Reduced mana

3L : Righteous Fire + Increase area of effect + Increase burning damage

3L : Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting

Why no Increase area of effect on GC ? You'll be close to the target.

Why Herald of ice ? Permanent chance to freeze cause cold damage and faster clearspeed.

Why Forst Bite ? More chance to freeze, more damage and more survivability (against frozen ennemies) !

Why no Concentrated effect on RF ? Only 3L and you need to proc on every enemies.

Why spell echo on Enduring cry ? Your way to keep your endurances charges which means super high survivability !

Why Frost Wall ? The original poster changed my mine on Frost Wall !

Gear requirement

Doon Cuebayari

Rise of the Phoenix

Astramentis

Alberon's Warpath

Then res cap / life nodes = more damage on RF / spell damage / little bit of armour

This is just an idea, but I want to know your reaction on it !

Personnaly, i think that with a 6L Glacial Cascade level 20 q20% and a level 20 Righteous fire q20%, your damage tooltip could be much more than 8k !

PLUS : from an RF calculator, you got near to 20k Rf's damage with 8k life !
Last edited by Justice_ on Feb 3, 2015, 6:30:56 PM
"
Arnaud85 wrote:
Can u link ur Gear plz, love ur idea btw

Ah, I must have accidently deleted it when updating the post earlier. I've added it back in now.
In since 0.8.0
just started your build yesterday as my first hardcore character ,im almost lvl 50 now and i really enjoy playing this kind of tank! i will give you better information about how im doing when i am lowlevelmap ready! thanks for the build!
I have an idea for build like yours. But I have no time now to do it. My idea was to use fire projectile spell (like fireball or incinerate), with IRON GRIP on passive tree + Iron Will 30 lvl from Doon Cuebiyari. Also running with RF (for increasing spell dmg and main defense).

The gear will be:
The new helm with 15% increased str
Kaom's heart
Doon Cuebiyari
Rise of Phoenix
Astramentis
Doryani's Invitation Fire Belt
and rares to increase resistances and life.

Passive tree on 95 lvl:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_FhjxthfP_ZIxFjvDhQgKS58uBo-z36tjdlhVw3xrIIH8kHSIQn21HwGDiftGS4rUBzOPQ_E9v5UDc1qAZe0ValyqVOlDF8cp8auPC3Yvf4Ktz6fy6cwns0Ykbyf_EsUTQHneu907YTvYSEaVWSjNugFLTJ-hmCE2QHc4uq9Nkd-vqdlTSfVjX63tnXLtkHqYimlTir56EGHYEtQR3F5FxwSaZ2uNukabONqFm8kqtq5RtdXKXGFwBpmnvrSsUKQVRo4gpvsOCcv73w8BZo7ogDhc2jy8B9boKdVfA6sqlnz

Passive tree on 85 lvl:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAjM89_FhjxthfP_ZIxFjvDhQgKS58uBo-z36tjdlhVw3xrIIH8kHSIQn21HwGDiftGS4rUBzOPQ_E9v5UDc1yqVOlDF8cp8auPC3Yvf4Ktz6fy6cwns0Ykbyf_EsUTQHneu907YTvYSEaVWSjNugFLTJ-hmCE2QHc4uq9Nkd-J9X56EGHcXkXHBJpna426Rps42oWbySq2rlG11cpcYXAGmae-tKxQpBVGjiCm-w4Jy-aO6IA4XNo8vAfW6CnVXwOrKpZ8ymlTiq2QUMxG8hlTQ==

If you think to try it out, let me know what was the results and make some videos :). GL mate.
Last edited by kalora on Feb 4, 2015, 4:24:46 AM
I'm going to try this on bloodlines too, been looking for an frost caster build:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info