[1.3] [NO AWAKENING] The Typhoon ♦ Bow / High Block / Close Quarters / Non-Crit ♦

"
Trems84 wrote:
Hi there im level 46 hardcore at the moment and i am enjoying your build to much but i have a question about 1 skkill point on the tree.

Its the point blank, i feel that it may be bad because the far away mobs wont get that much damage, let me know what you think about this.

Other thing is to run the 2 auras hatred and herald of ash, im strugling with the mana what should i do to try and fix it?

Thank you

Point Blank can be amazing, you just have to adapt your play style.

If you're running out of mana it's because your mana pool is too small or you don't leech enough mana back. Slitherpinch gloves can probably help you a lot while leveling.

Sorry for the late response.

Cheers.
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Jun 6, 2015, 8:56:49 AM
Can you post picture of your defensive stats?
IGN: DukeZagum
"
gumas wrote:
Can you post picture of your defensive stats?

Unfortunately this is now impossible because the character has been dismantled and the equipment spread across other builds.
"
7thFullMoon wrote:
"
Trems84 wrote:
Hi there im level 46 hardcore at the moment and i am enjoying your build to much but i have a question about 1 skkill point on the tree.

Its the point blank, i feel that it may be bad because the far away mobs wont get that much damage, let me know what you think about this.

Other thing is to run the 2 auras hatred and herald of ash, im strugling with the mana what should i do to try and fix it?

Thank you

Point Blank can be amazing, you just have to adapt your play style.

If you're running out of mana it's because your mana pool is too small or you don't leech enough mana back. Slitherpinch gloves can probably help you a lot while leveling.

Sorry for the late response.

Cheers.

Hi thanks for the answer, i just got to level67 and going to put the bringer of rain, i have noticed that they have changed it since when you made this build it got nerfed and i am wondering if like this its not better to not use it and have a chest, more resists more life, and put a 6L on the lioneye's glare.

Another question is about the burning arow, i fell like you said its not nedded so what do you suggest to use something like curse on hit or what?

Dont worry abbout the late response and btw i now dont have a problem with mana no more i think i wasent giving enoufh damage when i changed my bow it got a lot better for the 2% mana leach...
"
Trems84 wrote:

Hi thanks for the answer, i just got to level67 and going to put the bringer of rain, i have noticed that they have changed it since when you made this build it got nerfed and i am wondering if like this its not better to not use it and have a chest, more resists more life, and put a 6L on the lioneye's glare.

Another question is about the burning arow, i fell like you said its not nedded so what do you suggest to use something like curse on hit or what?

Dont worry abbout the late response and btw i now dont have a problem with mana no more i think i wasent giving enoufh damage when i changed my bow it got a lot better for the 2% mana leach...

Sorry for another terribly late response, a chest wouldn't grant as much damage as a Bringer of Rain unless you used abyssus as your helmet (I don't think there is a 6th link that could compensate for the flat damage on Bringer of Rain), but you will get more life out of a setup that doesn't use abyssus because the 2nd and 3rd generation Bringers of Rain don't have as much life as the 1st.

I said Burning Arrow isn't necessary since you can single target with Tornado Shot. You can use it if you want even better single target or use the remaining links for any utility you'd like, curse on hit is a fine example you provided yourself.

Cheers
Will you update these builds for 2.0?
I love this build, but will you be updating it for 2.0?

Changed out LMP for GMP (dps loss was not that much) but map clearing is faster.

21K TS fully buffed (frenzy charges, promise flask, onslaught)

Did not go for point blank node as it just doesn't fit with the current game, especially at 76+ maps.

13% phys. reduction, 25% evasion

Next point at 87 will likely be arrow dancing.

38% block, 13% spell block

3.8 life regen to counter blood rage 4% degen

.8 life leech and .8 mana leech. .8 mana leech keeps me up even on single targets.

About 5100 life with current gear.

No need for burning arrow. TS will clear single targets no problem. If anything, just switch in LMP for bosses (24K with 5 frenzy and onslaught up).

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwB5wMeBbUGIwiJCpsNjRQgFE0VIBa_GJEZtBsBH0Ei6iP2JT8mlS2DMHwyATJ-MpQ2PTboOlI-z0ZpR35JD0p9TZJQR1FHVUtVhVb6WK9daF85Xz9h4mHrYqxlTWyMbWxxoXfXd-N463lofXV_An8rhNmHdow2jX2Nv49PlQWa8Zsmmy2dqqXLpuCn1Kluq9Kwq7Ewshm1CLVIu-O8n702vea-p8EExKLKqc96037XLdhg2cbajdwV3ePjn-cK53To1u4O7w7vevTm9qP8S_zF_rr-yA==

Still a very fun build and viable for 2.0. You just don't want to be up close and personal with some map mods and certain packs of mobs (old point blank strategy). This is mostly for 76+ maps where I think point blank hurts more than helps. Up until then it's still fully viable.

Good luck

(Not updating for 2.0 until I feel satisfied with my playthrough of the content.)

Damn bro, how long does it take to run through the content?

I made a post for 2.0, would be nice to have an opinion or if you're done with it then state so.

Cheers

"
Sydin117 wrote:
(Not updating for 2.0 until I feel satisfied with my playthrough of the content.)

Damn bro, how long does it take to run through the content?

I made a post for 2.0, would be nice to have an opinion or if you're done with it then state so.

Cheers

Sorry, you're right. I should remove that from the guide and just say it's deceased instead. I haven't remade this character in 2.0. With all the changes haven't had the patience to put something together. That said, your above post looks great. The Lioneye's Fall gem is a very strong possibility too.

Cheers
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Oct 24, 2015, 10:35:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info