[1.3] [NO AWAKENING] The Typhoon ♦ Bow / High Block / Close Quarters / Non-Crit ♦

"
InfernoWoulf wrote:
"
It's Oak-Oak/Point-Point

What's your opinion on taking Kraityn for Cruel?

It's fine for the Blood Magic version. It might cause mana issues otherwise and the higher damage per hit from the oak reward grants more leech. Feel free to try it out though. I'll change the blood magic version's bandit reward section to reflect this possibility.
Hey, I always want to give those credit for a build. So here is this one... The TYPHOON monster.

I've been playing it and I enjoy it for the following reasons:

1) Synergy b/w BoR and Rearguard
2) Solid DPS: I'm at 14K not quite 15K but.... lvl 18 gems
3) 5K+ life
4) 20% evasion
5) 15% phys. reduction
6) 38% block

Main reason though:

The build uses a unique item (Lioneye's Glare). I hate builds that say this and that and at the end... oh and by the way: you just need a WTF phys. dps wand, axe, or 2.1 aps rapier etc...

Shit that is mostly unobtainable for the most part. So, I just wanted to say thanks for the build. It's fun. It works. Further, it does kind of resemble a cyclone build or a KB build accept you can control the tornado explosions at close range. Much fun. Well done.

Here is my gear on my guy:

"
Sydin117 wrote:
Hey, I always want to give those credit for a build. So here is this one... The TYPHOON monster.

I've been playing it and I enjoy it for the following reasons:

1) Synergy b/w BoR and Rearguard
2) Solid DPS: I'm at 14K not quite 15K but.... lvl 18 gems
3) 5K+ life
4) 20% evasion
5) 15% phys. reduction
6) 38% block

Main reason though:

The build uses a unique item (Lioneye's Glare). I hate builds that say this and that and at the end... oh and by the way: you just need a WTF phys. dps wand, axe, or 2.1 aps rapier etc...

Shit that is mostly unobtainable for the most part. So, I just wanted to say thanks for the build. It's fun. It works. Further, it does kind of resemble a cyclone build or a KB build accept you can control the tornado explosions at close range. Much fun. Well done.

Here is my gear on my guy:

I hope you get your gems to 20/20! Makes a large difference. Feedback very appreciated, I'm really glad you enjoy it.

Cheers!
Hi,

Just thank you for your build. It's fun, fast and not very expensive.

I hope you have time to update with the release of Act IV. This will probably be my build for the new league standard
"
vick666 wrote:
Hi,

Just thank you for your build. It's fun, fast and not very expensive.

I hope you have time to update with the release of Act IV. This will probably be my build for the new league standard

Great to hear that you're looking forward to it! I will update it when I can, maybe within the 1st week but no promises, I plan to play a lot too.
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Mar 14, 2015, 11:23:30 PM
Hey,

I just wanted to post some feedback as well as say congratulations, I mean you've managed to create a pretty amazing build! I love bow builds but I always struggled with my amount of life, so I was always trying to juggle DPS and Life and I failed, most of the time. I then disliked the idea of spending 10ex+ for a 5/6L Harbinger... Didn't seem worth spending that amount on a single item! Then I came across this and I HAD to make it, it just looked so good!

Anyways, I have a few suggestions! Your tree is pretty solid, I've only made a few changes so that I can run more aura's, I also add in a few nodes which add elemental resistance and less mana reserve - again, related to my aura's.

Advantages:
- Easy to use
- Fairly cheap
- Makes use of a unappreciated bow
- Doesn't require crit to do massive DPS
- Clears maps with ease
- Flexible and Adaptable, so each user can change it how they want

(SO many more, but I will stop here)

Disadvantages:
- For me personally I would say that mana can sometimes be an issue, depending on how you build your tree.
- HP is similar to mana, if you level to a certain level and then respec its fine - only an issue if you're levelling with it.

Overall its advantages heavily outweigh its disadvantages. I'm slightly special in the way I've built my version, I don't use my BoR to its full potential. Anyways here is the gear I use.

My Gear

Potions

I also use this for cosmetics, looks awesome as well!

I have managed to juggle a lot of uniques in mine and a few of them I would highly suggest in order to make the build much stronger, for example my boots. They add more spell dodge, which is very useful as well as HP and movement speed. Then the other thing I would recommend would be the belt, the 30% Physical damage bonus is nice as well as the leech.

I have obviously dropped more currency than potentially needed but I feel that it improves upon the build and makes it stronger :)

Anyways, thank you so much for this build! It has helped me a lot! I love using it :')
"
Oryax wrote:
Hey,

I just wanted to post some feedback as well as say congratulations, I mean you've managed to create a pretty amazing build! I love bow builds but I always struggled with my amount of life, so I was always trying to juggle DPS and Life and I failed, most of the time. I then disliked the idea of spending 10ex+ for a 5/6L Harbinger... Didn't seem worth spending that amount on a single item! Then I came across this and I HAD to make it, it just looked so good!

Anyways, I have a few suggestions! Your tree is pretty solid, I've only made a few changes so that I can run more aura's, I also add in a few nodes which add elemental resistance and less mana reserve - again, related to my aura's.

Advantages:
- Easy to use
- Fairly cheap
- Makes use of a unappreciated bow
- Doesn't require crit to do massive DPS
- Clears maps with ease
- Flexible and Adaptable, so each user can change it how they want

(SO many more, but I will stop here)

Disadvantages:
- For me personally I would say that mana can sometimes be an issue, depending on how you build your tree.
- HP is similar to mana, if you level to a certain level and then respec its fine - only an issue if you're levelling with it.

Overall its advantages heavily outweigh its disadvantages. I'm slightly special in the way I've built my version, I don't use my BoR to its full potential. Anyways here is the gear I use.

My Gear

Potions

I also use this for cosmetics, looks awesome as well!

I have managed to juggle a lot of uniques in mine and a few of them I would highly suggest in order to make the build much stronger, for example my boots. They add more spell dodge, which is very useful as well as HP and movement speed. Then the other thing I would recommend would be the belt, the 30% Physical damage bonus is nice as well as the leech.

I have obviously dropped more currency than potentially needed but I feel that it improves upon the build and makes it stronger :)

Anyways, thank you so much for this build! It has helped me a lot! I love using it :')

Thanks for the feedback.

I only mention some key uniques in the guide, because there are so many possibilities and it'd be impossible to fit them all in.

That, said I really appreciate your version and it serves as a great example of possible adaptations of my build, which I'm glad you enjoy.

Thanks for sharing!
I had an idea, and switched some gems.

herald of ash - herald of ice - iron will ( that I think it's better then hatred - reduced mana )

blood magic - vaal haste - increased duration

imortall call - endurancy cry - CWDT- increased duration

I think it worth a try.

Thanks
"
antonmendes wrote:
I had an idea, and switched some gems.

herald of ash - herald of ice - iron will ( that I think it's better then hatred - reduced mana )

blood magic - vaal haste - increased duration

imortall call - endurancy cry - CWDT- increased duration

I think it worth a try.

Thanks

Iron Will doesn't affect Heralds (Except for the Herald of Ice shatter), and Vaal Haste costs no mana (it's just the souls). The build already runs CWDT-EC-IC-Duration.

Hatred is better than Herald of Ice in most cases for the Typhoon because the cold damage is scaled off of the physical portion rather than adding a static amount.

Cheers.
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on May 3, 2015, 7:56:10 AM
Hi there im level 46 hardcore at the moment and i am enjoying your build to much but i have a question about 1 skkill point on the tree.

Its the point blank, i feel that it may be bad because the far away mobs wont get that much damage, let me know what you think about this.

Other thing is to run the 2 auras hatred and herald of ash, im strugling with the mana what should i do to try and fix it?

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info