Tempest shield + EE

"
lapiz wrote:
EE is very problematic indeed because of the concept of the passive. Its hard to come up with a solution that doesnt ruin it for pve. It needs some sort of adjusting though because it certainly wasnt designed for lvl 28 pvp and is ridiculously powerful there. Im still baffled people have only now begun to realise EE is suuuperstrong vs some things when used with tempest shield. I mean a build similar to my own EE-templar would most likely beat my sword character consistently by just sefcasting stuff.

Also I think its rather naive to think that the tree would get balanced around pvp almost at all. Its the core game and new players in it that have been receiving help wih the passive tree starts. It may have seemed the recent changes were for pvp players but that certainly wasnt the case.

My issue isn't so much the tree at all, the node isn't so bad as it is broken with certain skills. My biggest issue is that tempest shield benefits from it. In the same way that malachai ring + tempest is complete ass for melees, tempest + ee + molten is just a free headache for any melee. I'm playing EE caster btw, so it's not like I'm trying to hurt the very few people who use EE templar, I just think that the skill with tempest specifically is an issue.

As for you, andkamen, idk if your post is sarcastic and I don't care. I responded to greendude in the most obvious way, next question.
I can assure you that the tree did not get nerfed because of pvp. Block planned to be massively nerfed before they decided to make any pvp balance changes. In fact when I visited them in NZ they already told me block was getting nerfed when I told them the block pen gem should be buffed because block is so strong.

Atziri killing with max block & acrobatics was ridiculously easy (as shown by someone doing it with 1 life [ci + eb]).

This golden rule was stressed a lot to me at the time and it is still in effect today. You don't change pve for pvp. I know it's not ideal, but thats just how it is.

For example Conversion Trap only works on players now. This is a change to the actual gem that only affects pvp but was a global change. Things like that are okay. Changing how EE works is significantly changing pve.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
GreenDude wrote:
Changing how EE works is significantly changing pve.

so does changing status ailment flasks, but as you can see they have no problem doing that
Funny you mention that, thats one of the suggestions i made when i was in NZ. At the time they said we cant do that because it affects pve. (originally i suggested it for bleed only)

If they are doing it now, it likely means they decided it was a good change for pve or did not have a strong enough effect in pve to be noticeable. I believe it to be the first.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jan 25, 2015, 8:14:14 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
I can assure you that the tree did not get nerfed because of pvp. Block planned to be massively nerfed before they decided to make any pvp balance changes. In fact when I visited them in NZ they already told me block was getting nerfed when I told them the block pen gem should be buffed because block is so strong.

Atziri killing with max block & acrobatics was ridiculously easy (as shown by someone doing it with 1 life [ci + eb]).

This golden rule was stressed a lot to me at the time and it is still in effect today. You don't change pve for pvp. I know it's not ideal, but thats just how it is.

For example Conversion Trap only works on players now. This is a change to the actual gem that only affects pvp but was a global change. Things like that are okay. Changing how EE works is significantly changing pve.

Great suggestion, now block is ass!

I did make a suggestion that doesn't greatly effect pve. Limiting EE proc from tempest shield.
Last edited by bigfoot312 on Jan 25, 2015, 9:00:03 PM
what is the logic behind certain elemental damage hits to not trigger EE though? It's not consistent with the wording of EE
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Just nerf the affect of EE on player characters, if the skill is indeed a problem. I can't imagine thats very difficult to program in.
"
andkamen wrote:
what is the logic behind certain elemental damage hits to not trigger EE though? It's not consistent with the wording of EE

ive explained the logic
Okay, i see your point. Hell, even with 75% effective fire res against molten shell it's destruction. Got rekt by molten shell EE caster.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
Overcap res. git gud /s

??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info