Season One Europe PvP Invitational!

"
liquidSG wrote:

APM. Because why not :)

Last edited by boof on Jan 17, 2015, 4:48:15 PM
Nothing personal towards either of the guys but there is just way too much talking going on! Less time between matches please =/
Last edited by shifted1119 on Jan 17, 2015, 5:23:26 PM
"
liquidSG wrote:

APM. Because why not :)

http://youtu.be/EM_obUDPajI?t=2m10s
I don't see any reason why 1. you'd want multiple matches to happen at the same time, and 2. you'd want multiple TOURNAMENTS to happen at the same time.

These matches are quick. The downtime is (surprisingly) minor. It wouldn't take more than an hour or two to stream every match of one of these tournaments. And doing that would make it actually possible to follow it for the viewers.

Technical difficulties happen, and should happen less along the line. The commentary was very hit and miss, but either they'll learn, or you'll find people who are better at it. But the production value was simply mediocre. The haphazard jumping from one match to another without a sense of structure. The lack of introductions, even being unaware of what some of the players' builds are. All of that needs serious work.

It'd be nice for the spectator mode to be able to distill a lot more information, but that would actually require some development time.

To be sure, I really enjoyed the latter half of the stream, when the technical difficulties were alleviated and the structure actually made some sense.
"
0nin wrote:
I don't see any reason why 1. you'd want multiple matches to happen at the same time, and 2. you'd want multiple TOURNAMENTS to happen at the same time.

These matches are quick. The downtime is (surprisingly) minor. It wouldn't take more than an hour or two to stream every match of one of these tournaments. And doing that would make it actually possible to follow it for the viewers.

Yes, exactly. The whole tournament felt rushed and badly organised. I was losing track of what was going on half way through the cast because:

1. They constantly switched from HC to SC (why not finish one tournament at a time?),
2. The players character names didn't match their account names. It was difficult to figure out who was who most of the time. (why not just modify the overlay with their character names?)
3. They just showed random matches because they were all played simultaneously. (Why?) It felt more like a random mash up of pvp matches instead of a real tournament. They should at least give every player some screen time. There was no real excitement built up. Willy and GD tried their best and did a good job but the bad organisation just made it really hard for them to build up any excitement.

The tournament Willy and Greendude organised before was way more enjoyable.
Last edited by dEus__ on Jan 17, 2015, 9:17:48 PM
I really enjoyed watching this! There are some things to work on but that has already been mentioned in this thread. As far as commentators go Willy and Greendude do a really good job under the circumstances. Better organization after next season and this can only get better.
Any chance we could get a VOD up on Youtube? Twitch is taking forever... thanks!
fun to watch, although (or because of?) commentators were a bit... confused :)

What was the other guy in the finals? Damn, cannot remember... ah because we didn't see a single match of him...

doh!

Some matches were boring, like I thought they would be: running and hiding and lots of draws.
But a few duels were really good. Good reactions, tactics, different skills...

Got punctured? I don't caaaare! "Chaaaarge!" :)

I especially like the playstyle of SirEdwards. Excellent final match against Jennifer, who has some insane damage, but Edwards seems to have several individual 6-link main skills and he switched between them like nothing. Very fast and accurate... deserved winner as far as I can tell from watching.

PS: GreenDude, you need a new cam, or need to adjust white balance, or need a new name ;)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Personal feedback : 1. We should be able to see more matches. It doesn't matter if we jump on ongoing matches with maybe only 1 or 2 rounds left, it's still better than staring at the tournament brackets for like half the time of the stream. I watched the tournament with 2 friends, one of them not being a PoE player and it was his major criticism : we simply didn't see enough action.

2. If you're not showing a lot of matches, at least choose them wisely. We didn't see one single round from the guy who did win the winner bracket in Standard. The first match we saw from him was the finals.

3. Despite some confusion, commentaries were great. You guys are really good at this.
IGN : @Morgoth
PvP is a waste of time, resources and money. Stop making it happen, it's not gonna happen. Single twitch streamers were very close to beating the official PoE channel in terms of viewers during the time of the tournament, that should tell you a lot about what people like to watch.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Last edited by rinleezwins on Jan 18, 2015, 1:09:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info