[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

I cant seem to even come close to 3k regen and 5k recharge.

I currently have 2.7k recharge and 1.1k regen.

Can someone please help me figure out my gear and what i can upgrade to improve my regen and recharge. and explain to me the difference between the 2 lol
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBBg4J9gthDF8NfBFQFdcYVhkuGj4abBslHKcc3B1PIvQn7Sj6KS4svzQKNbk3ZjwtPfxFnUmxS65TUlOlVw1XyVhjXGtfP2hlaHRo8mwLbRl8S3y4fll_xoKbgseDX4RIhq6PGo9GkyeaO5rgm6GdrqEvpwinK69stAy2hriTvorBxcNtxFjE9sauxtjK09R81abXz9lb2WHaYtrd5CLquuvu7BjtIO0874jxrPOb9kj3wffX-Tf56A==

Spoiler

stats
Last edited by cwliias on Sep 16, 2015, 12:20:47 AM
cwliias: I have gear that is more than twice shittire than yours and i have 1051 regen and 2158 recharge rate.

That's because i took both aura nodes: Sovereignity and Influence. And of course i have all the ESnodes after CI.
Greetings!

@jimoc: I am glad you are enjoying it. This also caused me to retire the other toons. I tried bringing one back but got bored and switched back to my tank.

"
cwliias wrote:
I cant seem to even come close to 3k regen and 5k recharge.

I currently have 2.7k recharge and 1.1k regen.

Can someone please help me figure out my gear and what i can upgrade to improve my regen and recharge. and explain to me the difference between the 2 lol

The easy question first. Recharge is what happens to your ES when you do not take damage for a certain amount of time. Regeneration is always happening, even while you are taking damage. They can both happen at the same time, and the effects will stack, so if you find yourself in a sticky situation, just back off for a couple of seconds to trigger the recharge to get back up to full quicker.

Now the more tricky part: Auras play a large part of the setup, and boosting them will help raise your regen. Have you tried removing the two 6% ES nodes on the Foresight wheel (above center) as well as the 5% node next to Arcane Focus (witch area) and placing them on the path for Influence (near CI)? Also, try dropping 1 jewel socket (starting area) for Infused Shield (near CI). If you can spare it, maybe drop the +10 str node there as well for one of the 0.4% regen nodes.

For the next couple of levels, try picking up the 0.4% regeneration nodes. Gear wise, try picking up a Shapers Seed if you can afford to switch out your amulet.

Overall, it seems like you are on the right track for building it out.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Sep 16, 2015, 11:08:56 PM
Doing your build and at lvl 70 but I'm following your old setup.

Should I use what is under the Grand masters submission spoiler? Is the firestorm 6l setup still the same?

And gear? Still using Doryanis Catalyst? Is there a substitute for firestorm to increase dps/clear speed?

Do you have a different setup for group/party play? (substitute the frost wall?)

Awesome build btw and thanks!

Edit: ive started to follow your "current" setup.here is my tree and gear, hope I'm on the right track

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABg4J9gthDF8NfBFQFdcYVhkuGj4abBslHKcc3CL0J-0o-ikuLKYsvzQKNbk3ZjeDQ2NFnUlRSbFLrlNSU6VWY1cNV8lboFxrXz9famh0aPJsC20ZcU18DnxLfLh_xoKbgseESIaujxqPRo_6kNaTJ5Sgmjuaz5rgm6GdrqbrpwinK6dVr2y0DLaGuJO-isHFw23EFcRYxPbGrsrT0NDUfNWm18_YTdlb2WHaYuQi6QLquuvu7BjtIO0874jw1fGs9kj3wffX-Tf56A==?accountName=EcNeRWaLJ&characterName=AFKZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/url]

Currently 81 with about 12k es and about 1.8k regen. I don't see myself getting a shavs revelation in Warbands but I've got a 4% waiting for me in std..
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Sep 19, 2015, 9:18:33 PM
My 20q lvl 18 firestorm wasn't cutting it for me dps wise (about 800 average dmg per hit) so I bought a 20/20 incinerate and with 3 stages up I'm at around 26k dps (with fire Penetration)..

I kept the same colours on my chest though so I'm user Faster casting-echo-fire pen-empower-mana leech-incinerate, just in case I want to switch back to firestorm. Is this the best gem setup for incinerate dps on this build?

This build is getting quite tanky with all these lvl 90s around me dieing left right and centre xD
Last edited by EcNeRWaLJ on Sep 19, 2015, 9:20:45 PM
Greetings!

The firestorm setup is mostly the same and I am still using Doryanis Catalyst. It is hard to pass up the extra 110% elemental damage from it, on top of the slightly increased crit chance.

As far as the changes to firestorm, it was more for pvp than pve... and will be changed back before I start leveling again. Same colors however.

Concerning incinerate, you would have to ask around as I am not sure. I do not have a whole lot of experience with the spell, but I hear others love it. Pi2rEpsilon runs incinerate, and might have an answer for you. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
EcNeRWaLJ: How are you handling incinerate mana requirements? Did you have to change your passive tree and invest in mana? or change your gear to have mana on hit or Eleron rings? or maybe mana leech gem on incinerate?

I want to try it myself, but i do not want to break my current build by changing the passive tree.
I tried incinerate too when i still played this build, and it worked great even without lmp which i couldn't use because mana leech was a necessity and i didn't want to re-color my chest, as well as a mana flask without corrupted items like dy'ness has.

Incinerate is definitely better than firestorm for mapping, if you can avoid the cast interruptions and stuns.

What i decided to do however, was change the passive tree around a bit and got rid of all the dmg passives for more es, str nodes, dual curse and used a mjolner with 2x arc - iron will. Fortify is also something you gain, and you could even add another aura if you grab another bit of reduced mana reserve on the tree.

I was clearing much faster than firestorm or incinerate, but single target is poopy.
Ugh effort
Following the build to a tee and just swapped out conc effect and fire storm for faster casting and incinerate ~ viola
I'm using incinerate instead of Firestorm as well in the chest :

I recoloured as well to try Firestorm but I just cant seem to get a handle on the playstyle of firestorm.
I much rather the hosing mechanic of Incinerate and also it seems to be a lot faster.
I just could not figure out the mechanic for the Firestorms and also to me it seemed to be a lot slower and I was getting hit a lot more.

Mana is a slight issue at the moment and I sometimes run out but never long enough to actually lose my stacks.
Of course the mana issue is my own fault because I'm using
, without those gloves I dont have any issues with mana.

Once I get a better pair of rare gloves I will be taking those off and that should sort me out.

All in all, this is a great build, I just passed 86 and thanks to my new self crafted ring
I just passed 11K Shield.
One question on that ring though, can I put the Multi craft mod on it now, or does that have to be the first one to go on?
Went SSF in Delve and I'm never going back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info