Mechanics thread

"
Wipman wrote:
Hi, i think that this is the best thread to post this; i've a problem with my Cleave Gem.
In future, stuff like this should be posted in the skill feedback forum - there's a thread in there for each skill, and you can post in the appropriate one for the skill you're talking about.

"
Wipman wrote:
I have my Cleave gem socketed on my sword that's in my right hand and a carving knife on the left hand; the fact of have a Dagger tipe or Mace tipe at the same time than a Sword, invalidates the Cleave gem.
This is a know side-effect of how cleave deals with scaling damage when dual-wielding. It will be fixed eventually, but is not at the top of the list.

"
Wipman wrote:
The Cleave attack (the animation) is performed with the weapon on the right hand and never with the left one even if you've two swords.
No, if you're dual-wielding two weapons cleave can use, it swings both weapons, and deals damage with both.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 20, 2011, 5:44:43 PM
Hi, many thanks for the quick reply and the clarification; sorry about use the wrong thread, i'd forgot about the Skill's Feedback section, sorry, i'll try to remember it the next time.
Thanks again. Let's C ya
Punk's Not Dead = Semper Fi.
"
Xapti wrote:
That is the formula for total party experience depending on number of players?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but:

"Monsters give +75% base XP for every party member after the first."

"
konfeta wrote:
"
For spells, there is no difference between on-weapon and off-weapon modifiers. Modifiers from weapons, gear, and passive skills stack additively with each other. Any modifiers on the spell or attached support gems will then stack multiplicatively with that amount.

Do *all* Quality/Support gem related damage modifiers stack multiplicative?

For example, +Projectile Damage from faster projectile?

I can't say for certain. But that is the impression I get from what GGG have said. I wrote that bit "blind", it has not been tested on every single combination of modifiers. It may be that some modifiers on skill gems are multiplicative, and others aren't.
The main point is that spell damage on a wand is no different to spell damage from a passive - whereas for physical attacks, physical damage on a weapon IS different from physical damage from a passive.

- updated OP for 0.9.3g
Last edited by Malice on Nov 23, 2011, 3:19:39 AM
Hi there! Maybe there is wrong thread to post my question but I just wonder how works party scaling...so for example my char has 30lvl my friend char has 10lvl and he invite my to join party to help him in his current act lvl...so question is...Do my char scale to his lvl or Do my char got any penalty for scaling for his lvl...and finally my char dmg will be the same like when i playin alone or scale to his dmg value?? I hope U understand what I talking about
Simoneen - Marauder 34 - Legacy
Simona - Ranger 45 - Legacy
ASUS G74SX RoG
That's all folks!
Last edited by simoneen on Nov 23, 2011, 2:26:09 PM
Unavailable

i should leech ~90 mana per hit with my current dmg but thats not even close to the amout i actually leech, is there some kind of penalty ?
IGN Crakk
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
simoneen wrote:
Hi there! Maybe there is wrong thread to post my question but I just wonder how works party scaling...so for example my char has 30lvl my friend char has 10lvl and he invite my to join party to help him in his current act lvl...so question is...Do my char scale to his lvl or Do my char got any penalty for scaling for his lvl...and finally my char dmg will be the same like when i playin alone or scale to his dmg value?? I hope U understand what I talking about

There's no scaling like that at all.
A level 30 helping a level 10 will make everything easy... and the level 10 won't get a lot of experience points from monstners killed.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
simoneen wrote:

For each extra person in a party after the first, monsters get:

Some unknown amount of extra life
+10% Damage
+50% Item quantity on their drops
+75% Experience

Your damage will remain the same, everything about your characters will stay the same. Your friend will get much less XP than usual, due to the way XP scales to discourage exploits.

Spoiler
Effect of level on experience
Level also affects the amount of XP you gain from killing enemies. There are two penalties that are applied, one when in a party, and another based on the relative level of the player and monsters. Both of these are applied at the same time if you are both in a party, and too far above or below the monster level.

The multiplier for XP while in a party is players share is (Level+10)^2.71 divided by the total of all players shares. For example, if a level 10 player was partied with a level 30 player:

Level 10 player's share: (10+10)^2.71 = 3355
Level 30 player's share: (30+10)^2.71 = 21957
Total Shares: 3356 + 21957 = 25313

Level 10 player would receive: 3355/25313 = 0.132 = 13.2% of the XP
Level 30 player would receive: 21957/25313 = 0.867 = 86.7% of the XP

The player also suffers a penalty to XP if they are too far above or below the monster's level. There is a safe level range where no penalty is applied, which is equal to two plus one for every eight complete player levels. Any additional level difference in excess of this safe range is called the Effective Difference.

The formula then applied is:
((PlayerLevel +5)^1.5) / ((PlayerLevel+5+EffectiveDifference^2)^1.5)

So a level 24 character has a safe band of 2+3=5 levels. So from Monster level 19 to 29, there is an effective level difference of 0. At Monster Levels 18 and 30, the Effective level difference is 1. The Effective Difference matters in either direction.
Here are graphs of the experience multiplier by monster level and by effective level.
"
maryn wrote:
Unavailable

i should leech ~90 mana per hit with my current dmg but thats not even close to the amout i actually leech, is there some kind of penalty ?

Keep in mind that it fills up your mana globe rather slowly - so you will probably find that if you are dealing a ton of damage that the leech continues even after combat is over, as it catches up. You will still get the 90 mana eventually - it will just take longer than you might expect.
The rate that the leech refills your globe can be increased with mana regeneration mods.
Someone did a pretty good analysis of this at some point, I thought I had it somewhere but I can't seem to find it. You might find it if you search.

I think the maximum rate was about 15% of maximum mana per second. So without any mana regeneration mods, you'd need 600 maximum mana to be able to regenerate a full 90 mana per second.

Also the monster's armour and resistances will mean you're not actually doing as much damage as you think you're doing.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Malice wrote:
"
simoneen wrote:

For each extra person in a party after the first, monsters get:

Some unknown amount of extra life
+10% Damage
+50% Item quantity on their drops
+75% Experience

Your damage will remain the same, everything about your characters will stay the same. Your friend will get much less XP than usual, due to the way XP scales to discourage exploits.

Spoiler
Effect of level on experience
Level also affects the amount of XP you gain from killing enemies. There are two penalties that are applied, one when in a party, and another based on the relative level of the player and monsters. Both of these are applied at the same time if you are both in a party, and too far above or below the monster level.

The multiplier for XP while in a party is players share is (Level+10)^2.71 divided by the total of all players shares. For example, if a level 10 player was partied with a level 30 player:

Level 10 player's share: (10+10)^2.71 = 3355
Level 30 player's share: (30+10)^2.71 = 21957
Total Shares: 3356 + 21957 = 25313

Level 10 player would receive: 3355/25313 = 0.132 = 13.2% of the XP
Level 30 player would receive: 21957/25313 = 0.867 = 86.7% of the XP

The player also suffers a penalty to XP if they are too far above or below the monster's level. There is a safe level range where no penalty is applied, which is equal to two plus one for every eight complete player levels. Any additional level difference in excess of this safe range is called the Effective Difference.

The formula then applied is:
((PlayerLevel +5)^1.5) / ((PlayerLevel+5+EffectiveDifference^2)^1.5)

So a level 24 character has a safe band of 2+3=5 levels. So from Monster level 19 to 29, there is an effective level difference of 0. At Monster Levels 18 and 30, the Effective level difference is 1. The Effective Difference matters in either direction.
Here are graphs of the experience multiplier by monster level and by effective level.

Thx a lot Malice that fantastic explained my thoughts;)
Simoneen - Marauder 34 - Legacy
Simona - Ranger 45 - Legacy
ASUS G74SX RoG
That's all folks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info