Mechanics thread

Thx Malice, and good job, this thread helped me a lot. :)
Hi all im french i have some things to say!after playing until the prison!

Heureusement QUE j'avais copié le dossier de path of exile sur un disque dur externe!!
La mise a jour était bloquée sur le dossier originale sans raison apparente!
Je pense qu'il y a encore eu deux mises a jour depuis la grosse!
J'ai avancé un peu plus dans le jeu, je suis dans la prison, c'est vachement bien fait, le jeu ressemble de plus en plus a quelque chose de parfait!
Cependant je note qu'il subsiste encore quelques bugs et quelques améliorations peuvent encore être faites:
*Ya un mob humanoide qui bug des fois, il reste apparemment immobile mais il continue a faire des degats peu importe ou vs vs situez!
*Le deplacement des objets dans l'inventaire est toujours un peu lente, il faudrait que ca soit instantané!
*Le systeme de troc c'est original, mais ca remplace pas les sous!
*La fenetre de discussion est tres mal gérée, en effet, lorsque, par exemple au campement, vous matez des objets en vente, il arrive que des gens discutent sur les canaux, du coup tout se chevauche et ca devient totalement brouillon!
*La vente!!mais quant ajouteront ils cette option!et comment vont ils la gérer??
*La discut' locale devrait s'afficher en bulle au dessus du personnage, comme la fonction "dire" sur WOW!
Une salle aux enchere pour le troc devrait etre implanter au campement.
*Le design du town portal n'est pas stylé...(mon avis)
*Il faudrai accentuer les differents comportements des mobs!!Les BOSSES devraient etre un poil plus coriaces...si le contraste entre mobs normaux et bosses a été remarqué, augmentez donc le niveau de certains mobs!!!
Voila pour ma part! je mettrai ca et d'autres remarques egalement sur le site officiel!
"
soraaas wrote:
Hi all im french i have some things to say!after playing until the prison!

blahblahblah Frenchish stuff blahblahblah

Hola, soy Argentino, PoE tiene muchos jugadores de todas partes del mundo y si cada uno hablara en el idioma que quisiera los foros serían un desastre. Por favor, posteá en ingles o abstenete.

Translation: Hi, i'm Argentine, PoE has many players around the globe, if everyone talked in their native language this forums would be a mess. Please post in english or refrain from doing it.

I think i was getting free stats per level in my last (dead) HC char, does leveling grant stats too now?
Last edited by KurzedMetal on Nov 16, 2011, 11:03:38 AM
"
KurzedMetal wrote:
I think i was getting free stats per level in my last (dead) HC char, does leveling grant stats too now?

Yes, all classes gain 1 of each attribute per level. I thought I mentioned that somewhere, but looks like I didn't, I've added it now.
Added graphs of the new armour formula from 0.9.3c
1)any info about weapon ranges? some skills are affected by it greatly (sweep, cleave?) and would be nice to know which weapon has what range.
2) does %increased critical dmg multiplayer mod on my wand adds to spells too ? (char screen shows no changes but i want to be sure)
3) how exactly is dps on char panal counted because i tried all sort of calculations for my shock nova and never came up with the same number, i even included critical dmg
IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Nov 18, 2011, 12:12:00 PM
"
maryn wrote:
1)any info about weapon ranges? some skills are affected by it greatly (sweep, cleave?) and would be nice to know which weapon has what range.

I think all the melee weapons have pretty much the same range, but I might be wrong there.
However, for skills with an AoE (cleave is 180 degree arc, sweep 300 degree arc), they have their own fixed range, regardless of the weapon you are using.

"
maryn wrote:
2) does %increased critical dmg multiplayer mod on my wand adds to spells too ? (char screen shows no changes but i want to be sure)

Some critical strike damage mods only affect spells, others only affect the weapon they are on, and other affect both. Can you link the item here? Use the item linking function of the forums (at the bottom of the page) to insert the item into your post.

"
maryn wrote:
3) how exactly is dps on char panal counted because i tried all sort of calculations for my shock nova and never came up with the same number, i even included critical dmg

If you post all the relevant information I can probably figure it out.

Stuff like: amount of % spell damage from passives, any crit mods, cast speed modifiers, screenshots of character sheet & skill tooltips, link gems here etc.
The more info the better.
"
Malice wrote:

Some critical strike damage mods only affect spells, others only affect the weapon they are on, and other affect both. Can you link the item here? Use the item linking function of the forums (at the bottom of the page) to insert the item into your post.

Unavailable

"
Malice wrote:

If you post all the relevant information I can probably figure it out.
Stuff like: amount of % spell damage from passives, any crit mods, cast speed modifiers, screenshots of character sheet & skill tooltips, link gems here etc.
The more info the better.

Unavailable

supported by 0 quality fcr gem
(if u wonder how i got so high gem lvl, i keep suiciding on lvl 60 to keep the exp penalty low as possible and keep lvling just the gem)

thx for the info so far!
IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Nov 18, 2011, 1:46:46 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Ok, so the base damage of your skill is 61-1163. Spell damage in your character sheet is 235-4478, which means you must have around +285% spell/lightning damage from gear and passives.

Average of 234-4478 is 2356.5

The average damage increase from crits per hit will be (((crit_multiplier/100)-1)*(crit_chance/100))*average_damage

(2.85-1)*(0.174)*2356.5 ≈ 758.5574

Add to your average damage and you get 3115 average damage per hit, including crits.

The spell has a cast time of 0.85 seconds. That equates to 0.85/1 ≈ 1.176 casts per second.
You have 71% increased cast speed: 1.176 * 1.71 ≈ 2.01 casts per second

3115 * 2.01 ≈ 6261 average damage per second

As for the crit mod on the wand, I can only assume it's applying only to attacks made with that wand. This is pretty confusing really, it's hard to tell what will and won't be affected just by looking at the mod. Since the character sheet doesn't show any changes, I think it's safe to assume that that particular mod doesn't affect your spells.
However, you might find that other identical mods that aren't on weapons do affect your spells. So yeah. Confusing.
Last edited by Malice on Nov 18, 2011, 2:09:59 PM
tyvm, i have failed somewhere with math i did exacly the same calculations but got different number will know next time to use excel.
IGN Crakk
Last edited by maryn on Nov 18, 2011, 2:28:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info