Mechanics thread

it would've rounded up if there was no other boost to the damage time the aura was giving. rounding happens last (or just during display) as things cannot take a fraction of a damage.
Is it possible that the tooltip for anger is wrong and that it actually gives something like 34.8 maximum fire damage?
Awesome awesome thread, Malice! Comprehensive, the holy bible right there...
There is one thing I cannot put my finger on though...

Effectiveness of armor is dependent on size of incoming damage and mob applying that damage to you.

Am I reading this correctly? An endurance charge gives you a flat percentage reduction regardless of whether the mob is 20 levels above you and applying 1.000.000 physical damage to you. At that point your armor would be completely useless, but the full 5% endurance reduction still stands right?

Edit => @ ExiledToWraeclast: Thank you!
Last edited by glofspork on Apr 13, 2013, 8:44:21 PM
yes it does. the 5% is a flat reduction but the player's armor value will be reduced in the event of large incoming damage spikes, and thus become even less effective in terms of preventing damage.
1337 21gn17ur3
Hello,

So I have a question regarding GR:

I seem to run across conflicting information regarding the synergy between CI and Ghost Reaver. I am under the impression that the MAX leech rate is 20% of ES/second, but reading the ghost reaver mechanics here and from what I have read elsewhere, it seems that regardless if CI is taken, the MAX leech rate is 20% of the hidden HP pool/second. Which one is actually true? It seems that if Leech rate is based off hidden HP pool, then GR is somewhat ineffective for witch CI builds.

Thanks.
The Mechanics thread actually never mentions ES Leech nor Ghost Reaver. It never says anything about ES Leech at all :P

Life Leech regenerates at 20% Max Life per second. ES Leech is not Life Leech however, and as should really be expected regenerates at 20% Max ES per second. Otherwise it'd be pretty shit.

(there is no "max" Leech Rate. It's a fixed number)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 14, 2013, 7:44:46 PM
Yea I mispoke, I meant the forum spoke about life leech. So, you sorta answered my question..... From what you are saying then, life leech used with ghost reaver + CI = ES leech with a leech rate of 20% of max ES/Second. Yes?
Yes. This is true without CI as well for that matter :)
I still haven't been able to find the answer to my question despite so much research.

Let's assume you have 100 flat ES and 500 Int (+100% energy shield) with 0 +energy nodes.
Your ES is now 200.

When you get a +8% ES node, what happens?
1.00 base + (100% +8%) = 208 (with an effective 4% increase over 200)
or
1.00 base + 100% = 2.00 + 8% maximum = 216 (with an effective 8% increase over 200)

I assume it's the latter.
But that logically would mean it would compound, and when you have 5 of them (5 x 8% = 40% = 1.40 x 2 = 280) another once again increases your maximum ES: 280 * 1.08 = ~302
This would mean that you would always affect your maximum and give an 8% increase wouldn't it?
(:
Last edited by zakar on Apr 16, 2013, 1:04:03 AM
it is the first case, and you shouldn't read it as "% over 200", you're getting full amount of that increase. think you were trying to get a "mow much more benefit am i going to get out of this?" when you said "effective % increase over 200".

the only multiplicative boost to es is from "more" es node behind chaos indoct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info