[2.0] Low Budget Crit Tornado Shot Ranger | beginner friendly | great for new and casual players

"
Bullsh1t wrote:
Why dont you take master flether node? its so close + it gives ~20% physical dmg from bows *sorry for newbie question :)*

Probably because of the surgeons flask, this build need to keep the flask full all of time. As he mentions, this build isn't High Damage GG, so sometimes it needs to tank some mobs. That's why it's better to maximize the critical potential. CMIIW :p.
IGN
Venevi - Ranger - Standard
Meniet - Witch - Standard
I just want to point out that the way you did the skill tree is amazing for new players.

Numbering the branches of each step is really helpful, we need to make this a standard in guides.
"
xBadluck wrote:
I just want to point out that the way you did the skill tree is amazing for new players.

Numbering the branches of each step is really helpful, we need to make this a standard in guides.

Thanks - although this is just a personal preference and subject to optimization. More experienced players might find a better leveling process - and if I would do the build again today it would look different.

I'm waiting for 2.0 to come out, then this build will get a major overhaul in general and I will also adjust the leveling process - probably by going for a bit of damage first and survivability later when maps kick in...
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
Hello. I want to thank you for a great guide. You managed to explain all the important stuff that a new player may not understand in other guide. Good job.

About the future update, if the magnitude of the reserved mana really like you mentioned, it's really bad with vanilla setup. But for me, just using Hatred and Herald of Ash is really enough. Maybe it's better to use just one herald, as I've seen people sell Alpha's Howl more expensive than Infractem. And with the new patch, I believe the price will raise.

For getting Mana Reserve Reduced tree, there are 2 option. First is Champion of the Cause west of Revelry. The mana reduce is only 4%, but the bonus strength is nice and maybe pick up Iron Grip later for damage. Second is Charisma north of Ballistic Mastery. This path provide intelligence, and you'll get 12% reduced mana reserved.

It's just my opinion though. Maybe some experienced players have a different suggestion.
IGN
Venevi - Ranger - Standard
Meniet - Witch - Standard
Last edited by alteisen612 on May 30, 2015, 4:48:04 AM
hi,

I am following your build , its great , my first lvl80 char thanks to your build its very fun. When linked with Hatred , Hearld of Ash , Hearld of Ice Auras :

(1) TShot lvl 18 + GMP lvl 18 + Phys Proj Attack Dmg lvl 19 + Added Fire lvl 18 + Increased Crit Dmg lvl 18 gives 6,866.4 DPS with critic chance 41.8% and 446% critic multiplier its has no lightning damage to shock the monsters .

I got these when I linked :

(2)TShot lvl 18 + GMP lvl 18 + Phys Proj Attack Dmg lvl 19 + Phy to Light lvl 17 + Increased Weapon Elemental damage lvl 17 gives 7,707.1 DPS with critic chance 41.8% and 345% critic multiplier its has lightning damage to shock the monsters which increases the damage by 50% .

Damage Calculations :

(1) 6,866.4 DPS at attacks 2 per sec = 6866.4 divided by 2 = 3,433.2 DPS per shot
3,433.6 DPS per shot multiplied by critic multiplier 446% = 18,747.456 DPS per shot when critic .

(2) 7,707.1 DPS at attacks 2 per sec = 7707.1 divided by 2 = 3,853.55 DPS per shot
3,853.55 DPS per shot multiplied by critic multiplier 345% = 17,148.2975 DPS per shot when critic gives shock on monsters and increases the 50% damage .( I saw shocked monsters on the screen )

I think 17,148.2975 DPS per shot when critic gives shock on monsters and increases the 50% damage is GREATER THAN 18,747.456 DPS per shot when critic.
Last edited by sivaram on Jun 1, 2015, 2:54:18 AM
Thanks for this build recently started playing again and its fun although a little squishy vs exiles or is that just me not knowing how to handle them?
"
Jabarri wrote:
Thanks for this build recently started playing again and its fun although a little squishy vs exiles or is that just me not knowing how to handle them?

Exiles are copies of other characters so yes, they are tougher than your average mob. You just have to treat them like mini bosses.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Maybe there will be some Blood Magic gem involved in the future of this build (sacrifice some HP for a Herald?)

I .. really don't like Infractem ): and would advice players to prefer defenses and not dmg., but than again i saw that 2.0 will change mana leech node from 2% to 0.4% + mana on hit, so Infractem might be a lot better in 2.0

Anyway - the jewels will change things alot and i can't suggest anything before seeing what they provide.
"
xlnt2new wrote:
Maybe there will be some Blood Magic gem involved in the future of this build (sacrifice some HP for a Herald?)

I .. really don't like Infractem ): and would advice players to prefer defenses and not dmg., but than again i saw that 2.0 will change mana leech node from 2% to 0.4% + mana on hit, so Infractem might be a lot better in 2.0

Anyway - the jewels will change things alot and i can't suggest anything before seeing what they provide.

I will probably just use Hatred and HOA with Prolif looking forward tbh. Infractem got me to ~80 or so when I first started this game, not a bad choice by any means. On sc you really do not have to prioritize stacking your defenses IMO.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Thank you very much for such a clearly explained guide. I was struggling with many of the more advanced concepts in game and afraid to allocate my passive points. Having everything laid out like this has given me the confidence to spend my passives and start trading for the right gear.

Now my main problem is finding a good build for my co op Templar who I will be playing with 99% of the time. I am hoping to find a good build that works together with this one. Are there any common builds (preferably Templar) that take advantage of most enemies having assassin's mark and that can keep up with most enemies being dead a slow melee character gets there?

When always playing with 2 people would herald of Ash be less effective? Anything else I should consider when always in a party of two?
Last edited by RadarContact on Jun 20, 2015, 5:18:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info