[2.0] Low Budget Crit Tornado Shot Ranger | beginner friendly | great for new and casual players

Because it's also a huge life node.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
This is a really good guide. 99% of the guides out there are rubbish, if I could afford those luxurious items they listed, I wouldn't be reading their pointless guides.
great guide!

i recently revived the char i made with this build in bloodlines and i had a lot of fun; i hope it will be updated with the new tree :)
r4wb1rd/All,

Any thoughts on what changes will made to this build with 2.1 here now?

Thanks again for this great guide!
I just wanted to say thanks to r4wb1rd for this guide.

I played my first ranger using the build. She is now at level 69, has no special gear and still is leveling fast. The build is solid and fun.

To those who haven't tried a ranger: Try it, it's a lot of fun to play ranger because of the high movement speed alone.

Once more, thanks for taking the time to write up this guide.
Last edited by dfspspirit on Feb 7, 2016, 5:11:56 PM
is this build still ok ?

I want to try PoE. I played 2-3 hours 1 years ago and didnt played since.

edit, the guide isnt cool for beginer, I don't understand what you wrote :

"

a) You start off with Burning Arrow and Poison Arrow, you don't need supports. But keep leveling Split Arrow all the way or Lightning Arrow, depending on your Curse on Hit preference. Lightning Arrow + LMP is also a decent option until TShot becomes available.

b) Once TShot is available (Level 28), try to get a 4L and run TShot + LMP + Added Fire + Physical Projectile Attack Damage

c) Once you get a 5L, add Increased Critical Damage

d) Once you get GMP, swap LMP for it

Other options for the 5th link are: Faster Attacks, Added Chaos, Blind, Culling Strike but they are all inferior to Crit Multi.

The final AOE Setup consists of GGGRB:
TShot + GMP + Phys Proj Attack Dmg + Added Fire + Increased Crit Dmg

All gems change the damage multiplicatively (GMP in a negative way), hence they work very, very well together. Things like added chaos, added lighning and so on seem nice, but they are additive and don't scale as well as the other gems do.

depending on your Curse on Hit preference
LMP
try to get a 4L and run TShot + LMP + Added Fire + Physical Projectile Attack Damage
5L
Once you get GMP, swap LMP for it
Other options for the 5th link
The final AOE Setup consists of GGGRB
GMP

wtf is this ?
Last edited by demky on Feb 23, 2016, 8:37:18 AM
"
demky wrote:

depending on your Curse on Hit preference
LMP
try to get a 4L and run TShot + LMP + Added Fire + Physical Projectile Attack Damage
5L
Once you get GMP, swap LMP for it
Other options for the 5th link
The final AOE Setup consists of GGGRB
GMP

wtf is this ?

The build is definitely still OK, it is a great and easy build. I recently started a ranger using this build, and leveling it to lvl69 was very smooth and fun. You should be able to see my char in my profile here on the forum.

On the other stuff:

0) Skills (or 'gems') in PoE are either active (you can use them) or support. Support gems do something with the active skill they are LINKED to in an item. For example, they add fire damage to a poison arrow attack. this is great, and adding many support gems to an active skill (and choosing the best ones!) is essential. but linking skills requires an item with proper links and sockets for the skills, and it makes the skill cost more mana.

1) depending on your Curse on Hit preference: you can use the Curse on Hit support gem to apply a curse when you hit with an active skill. rangers often use this to apply curses. you have several to choose from. useful ranger examples may be Poachers Mark or Assassins Mark. (just google 'poe + <skill name>' to find more info on a skill in the wiki)
2) LMP: LMP=lesser multiple projectiles skill gem. You shoot several projectiles more (which do a bit less damage each).
3) 4L is an item with 4 linked sockets. you need the right socket colors for the skills. colors can be changed by applying a chromatic orb. The number of sockets can be changed by applying a Jewellers orb. You need to collect them in-game by playing the game. Here, you should put Tornado shot as the active skill, and 3 support gems. These gems are LMP (see above), Added Fire Damage, and Physical Projectile Attack Damage.
4) 5L = 5 linked item, see 4L above
5) Once you get GMP, swap LMP for it: GMP is Greater Multiple projectiles support gem. higher mana cost, even more projectiles. google it.
6) Other options for the 5th link: these are alternative skills to put into a 5-linked item as 5th gem, in addition to the 4 ones mentioned above. ignore for now, most likely you have no 5L item atm.
7) The final AOE Setup consists of GGGRB: AOE = area of effect. skills designed to kill many weak enemies in an area. the opposite is single target setup, which is for killing a single enemy with very high damage (but no area damage). The GGGRB are the socket colors (see above) of the 5 linked sockets in the 5L item: G=green, R=red, B=blue.

Maybe also give http://www.poepro.net/terms/ a quick glance. PoE is complex.
Last edited by dfspspirit on Feb 24, 2016, 5:52:08 AM
Useless for HC. You will die.
Hi. Im spaniard player.And I still regularly its guidelines. I've seen a difference between what you indicate in the representation graph and the final tree. In representation graphical take the nodes: Fangs of Viper-Will of Blades- Coordination. In final tree dont take these nodes. I am confused since I am on level 76 and not be where follow.Thank you for your kind attention.
'r4wb1rd'

Hi! Can you update build please ?
Last edited by Beruseruku on Apr 3, 2016, 1:06:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info