[1.3] BIGGEST UPDATE ! Infernal AVATAR || 25K TOOLTIP only || Dual Doryanis+Vaal Pact

Afaik vaal pact is not effected by increased/decreased life leech rate,
only leech over time is effected by it.

Which basically means your chest is not a very good choice.
HUGE REDDIT ! I totally change this build..

Elemental hit had to much cons and I try to make an original Infernal blow build which I hope will be vialable..

I change the build, go for non crit-huge fire damage Infernal Blow !

I hope i'll get some replies on all this work I had, and some answers : is it viable ? is there any improvements ?
Last edited by justice__ on Jan 8, 2015, 3:23:35 PM
"
justice__ wrote:
HUGE REDDIT ! I totally change this build..

Elemental hit had to much cons and I try to make an original Infernal blow build which I hope will be vialable..

I change the build, go for non crit-huge fire damage Infernal Blow !

I hope i'll get some replies on all this work I had, and some answers : is it viable ? is there any improvements ?

I only have 3 concerns with this build.

1 How would you sustain mana for attacks?
2 There is very Little to no defence in this build(or evasion)?!
3 Doesn't the avatar of fire half the damage buffs from herald's that are non-fire? if it does, i would skip it and you would solve the manaleech problem with a simple 2% manaleech from phys on gear.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
"
alfaPOWA wrote:

3 Doesn't the avatar of fire half the damage buffs from herald's that are non-fire? if it does, i would skip it and you would solve the manaleech problem with a simple 2% manaleech from phys on gear.

Thanks for the help ! Keep in mind that I need advices, i never meant it was perfect (it's FAR from perfection)

=> I change the passive tree : +40% mana regen, +33% max mana and i lost 30% physical damage
I don't know if it's more viable to put some mana regen / max mana or to just use Blood magic on IB ?

=> No defence ? I don't understand. It has a high pool if life (173%), Vaal pact with triple way to life leech on gear, Molten shell and IB to life leech again and CWDT + enduring cry set up. Moreover, it has chaos/elem res in the passive tree. The gear is also centered around adding armor/life/res.

Why do you think it is a "no defence"build ?

=> The Herald of ash is 100% fire damage, and I just loose 50% of herald of thunder damage, which is use to curse.
Last edited by justice__ on Jan 9, 2015, 3:24:14 AM
"
justice__ wrote:
"
alfaPOWA wrote:

Thanks for the help ! Keep in mind that I need advices, i never meant it was perfect (it's FAR from perfection)

=> I change the passive tree : +40% mana regen, +33% max mana and i lost 30% physical damage
I don't know if it's more viable to put some mana regen / max mana or to just use Blood magic on IB ?

=> No defence ? I don't understand. It has a high pool if life (173%), Vaal pact with triple way to life leech on gear, Molten shell and IB to life leech again and CWDT + enduring cry set up. Moreover, it has chaos/elem res in the passive tree. The gear is also centered around adding armor/life/res.

Why do you think it is a "no defence"build ?

=> The Herald of ash is 100% fire damage, and I just loose 50% of herald of thunder damage, which is use to curse.

I agree that the defence would probably work for u =)

and i have made a tree for discusions. I took 100% manaregen, and some aura boosts.
Another 100% regen would be easily attainable from gear, that would result in roughly 100 manaregen with 500 manapool and max lvl clarity on BM and red.mana link.(took some extra Health to compensate.)

And about the HoT, the thunder proc that applies curses only happens when u have shocked the enemy, that's a 10% chance for you since u don't crit either. Worth it?
I Think it's better to have vengeance+curse on hit+flammability+end. charge on stun. Fully lvld it hade over 40% chance to proc when u r hit.
And the extra autoprocced charges will come in handy when u need it, because big clusters of mobs is gonna proc it more often for you, and it is also when u need the extra reduction in incoming damage :)

Tree i'm thinking about, clarity with regen on Life to get the mana needed to sustain attacks with AoF still chosen for maximum use of elemental damage mod in weapons+gear.
More Life, and armour, and ditched the burning damage bonus, it won't be necessary :)
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUASpiLjPndwGaUXMxmogAEs4Kb7SB35VfikFUnL-w4wBoaOLFC8xFxhcT2PQ8ki3y7_lQNzStQHM73MnKpxq48Lbc-2L3-CjWStfKpbio4z352rOoYrY0kqhZv42r60u982WFngKgHbbSLT5tqhVIoKuRRl3nvDlBHFCBG12P9euZ82WaehjsU9jqdMZ6mV2Bl8f5p_uQi7MtBPyE0tC9R5p7FOuHyRV8_9kiMzz38WGPwH6-NHRT56EGHTwThc5_fU1JFnZrg6-4o-oLHxp4Qfwx9KU826d-ylIdDyA==

BTW. I love to Think up new builds too, thou i usually test my teories pretty soon after, if i feel that i have ticked all the necessary boxes.(Life, manaleech, damage, defence, good gear/tree synergy and fluid gameplay)

EDIT: BTW again :) I would replace the trigger link "evil one" with the above vengeance link instead, i don't see the use of your trigger link, you will already leech the shit out of the enemies with LL gem AND 2-3% ele leech from 2-3 dory pieces.(If damage get high enough you could even ditch the LL gem. But that would work better with acuity gloves even thou u don't use the crit)

And Carcass jack would be a prime candidate for this build, as long as u can cap resistances with it.

Calculated Life would be ~5500 Life with carcass, dual dory cata and dory belt. You could probably get same damage and more Life/ress from a rare belt thou, it should be tested to determine what would be most effective.

I'm still thinking if hatred would be used or not, i don't like the fact that it halves in effectiveness with the AoF passive, is the AoF even Worth using? It would be easier to mitigate reflect with phys+ele damage, and it would also eliminate the manaproblem with a simple 2% leech from a ring/amu/gloves. the question is if the damage gets better or worse, we got alot of ele damage both from passives and dory cata's. I Think it might be a Close shave.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Jan 9, 2015, 5:08:51 AM
I'm sorry, i'm french so it took me a lot of time to fully understand what you said and wrote that down.

I REALLY thank you to be interested in my build : that's all I ask, to improve my build and to play an original, viable and self-founded idea build !

I got several things to answer aha, so :

=> You're right ! Since i run unwearing stance and AoF, Herald of thunder + curse is no longer viable !

But i don't like the Vengeance + curse set up.. I think that Flamability is way too huge to be proc just 40% of time to close enemy. With IB + AoF and a lot of fire damage, it seems to be a must to curse all the time the enemy !

Thanks to you, i though about : Ice nova + Curse on hit + Flamability + Increase area of effect

Spoiler
If I have +20%q Ice nova, which means +20% area, i probably go for Increase burning damage instead of Increase area of effect since my cold damage ignite !

It'll add some ignite (which stacks) and it's easy to use. Ice nova + IB (no other skills to use). I know that i'll loose some endurance charge thanks to endurance charge on melee stun (and my mace has some buff one stun) but i prefere Ice nova set up.

=> About mana regen : you're right, maybe i still need some mana regen and your tree is pretty good btw ! You improve mine.

But again, there is some nodes that I don't very like (maybe it's a question of taste..).

Inner force : why spend 3 nodes on +% buffing duration ?

3.6% life regen : it feels like a waste for a Vaal pact

Elemental nodes near to elemental equilibrum : they are pretty good !

Sentinel : two nodes, 10% elem res + 24% armor

Finally, thanks to you and your improvements, i'll go for :

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUASpiLjPndwGaUXMxmogAEs4Kb7SB35VfikFUnL-w4wBoaOLFC8xFxhcT2PQ8ki3y7_lQNzStQHM73MnKpxq48Lbc-2L3-CjWStfKpbio4z352rOoYrY0kqhZv42r60u982WFngKgHbbSLT5tqhVIoKuRRl3nvDlBHFCBG12P9euZ82YY7FPY6nTGepldgZfH-af7kIuzLQT8hNLQvUeaexTrh8kXwH6-NHRT56EGHTwThc5_fU1JFnZrg6-4o-oLHKU826d-ylIdDyErIbqqxBbjQga_aOhpsmjs8BYCkVdZk5xcv

I reddit the main post !

=> The "evil one" cwdt+molten shell set up : i don't know why you don't like it aha !

Molten shell adds some additionnal armor, prevented some damage, adds tons of damage thanks to an explosion and per %quality and elemental proliferation (from Doryani's) it ignites again the enemies !

Moreover, linked with LL, this is pretty effective. And since I use Vaal pact and Doryani's, this is more effective ! The more i'm tanky, the more viable/safer is my build aha.

=> Carcass Jack : can you explain me why it's so good for my build (maybe i don't understand something).

It adds a lot of evasion/ES but I don't have those things in my build..
No armor ?
Radius of area/area damage bonus are pretty awesome : is it worthy ?

=> I change my build and add Anger + Determination set up : more damage and more tankness and SHOULD BE mana substainable.

PS : I really want to do a 100% fire IB build with double doryanis..
Last edited by justice__ on Jan 9, 2015, 10:42:48 AM
I'm sorry for the bump but I got a question on my build :

Do Ice Nova, since AoF converted 50% of cold damage to fire, proc ignite ?

Do Molten shell / Infernal Blow / Ice nova and Herald of ash all proc 4 ignites ? Or just 1 + huge duration ?

I still need help and advices from you, thanks for your support, mate !
"
justice__ wrote:
I'm sorry for the bump but I got a question on my build :

Do Ice Nova, since AoF converted 50% of cold damage to fire, proc ignite ?

Do Molten shell / Infernal Blow / Ice nova and Herald of ash all proc 4 ignites ? Or just 1 + huge duration ?

I still need help and advices from you, thanks for your support, mate !

Ice nova can proc ignite if it crits, all fire damage sources can.(or by a static ignite chance)

all four sources u mention can proc ignite, the problem is that ignite isn't added upp, so only the highest ignite burn will tick. the others will be ignored, that's why it's all wasted ignites :P
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
"
justice__ wrote:
I'm sorry, i'm french so it took me a lot of time to fully understand what you said and wrote that down.

I REALLY thank you to be interested in my build : that's all I ask, to improve my build and to play an original, viable and self-founded idea build !

I got several things to answer aha, so :

=> You're right ! Since i run unwearing stance and AoF, Herald of thunder + curse is no longer viable !

But i don't like the Vengeance + curse set up.. I think that Flamability is way too huge to be proc just 40% of time to close enemy. With IB + AoF and a lot of fire damage, it seems to be a must to curse all the time the enemy !

Thanks to you, i though about : Ice nova + Curse on hit + Flamability + Increase area of effect

Spoiler
If I have +20%q Ice nova, which means +20% area, i probably go for Increase burning damage instead of Increase area of effect since my cold damage ignite !

It'll add some ignite (which stacks) and it's easy to use. Ice nova + IB (no other skills to use). I know that i'll loose some endurance charge thanks to endurance charge on melee stun (and my mace has some buff one stun) but i prefere Ice nova set up.

=> About mana regen : you're right, maybe i still need some mana regen and your tree is pretty good btw ! You improve mine.

But again, there is some nodes that I don't very like (maybe it's a question of taste..).

Inner force : why spend 3 nodes on +% buffing duration ?

3.6% life regen : it feels like a waste for a Vaal pact

Elemental nodes near to elemental equilibrum : they are pretty good !

Sentinel : two nodes, 10% elem res + 24% armor

Finally, thanks to you and your improvements, i'll go for :

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUASpiLjPndwGaUXMxmogAEs4Kb7SB35VfikFUnL-w4wBoaOLFC8xFxhcT2PQ8ki3y7_lQNzStQHM73MnKpxq48Lbc-2L3-CjWStfKpbio4z352rOoYrY0kqhZv42r60u982WFngKgHbbSLT5tqhVIoKuRRl3nvDlBHFCBG12P9euZ82YY7FPY6nTGepldgZfH-af7kIuzLQT8hNLQvUeaexTrh8kXwH6-NHRT56EGHTwThc5_fU1JFnZrg6-4o-oLHKU826d-ylIdDyErIbqqxBbjQga_aOhpsmjs8BYCkVdZk5xcv

I reddit the main post !

=> The "evil one" cwdt+molten shell set up : i don't know why you don't like it aha !

Molten shell adds some additionnal armor, prevented some damage, adds tons of damage thanks to an explosion and per %quality and elemental proliferation (from Doryani's) it ignites again the enemies !

Moreover, linked with LL, this is pretty effective. And since I use Vaal pact and Doryani's, this is more effective ! The more i'm tanky, the more viable/safer is my build aha.

=> Carcass Jack : can you explain me why it's so good for my build (maybe i don't understand something).

It adds a lot of evasion/ES but I don't have those things in my build..
No armor ?
Radius of area/area damage bonus are pretty awesome : is it worthy ?

=> I change my build and add Anger + Determination set up : more damage and more tankness and SHOULD BE mana substainable.

PS : I really want to do a 100% fire IB build with double doryanis..

Inner force buff increased the EFFECT of the buffs, not the duration.

The life regen isn't something i aimed for, it just came with the other nodes automaticly =)

Sentinel is best avoided if u can manage to cap your resistances on gear without it.

Carcass jack is good because it adds aoe size and damage, that equals to faster clearingspeed. The downside of the armor is that it doesn't add armour, and it will be hard as hell to roll all those red gemslots, might not be such a good choice after all :)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
Thank you for your reply !

Ignite, even if it's a "waste" because four skills can proc ignite, is important to get a huge buff on damage !

Even if Inner force is great, i just don't really like it..Is it that good for auras ?

Sentinel won't be taken if i have res caped, but if i don't, it's a wonderfull option !

Thank you so much for all your replies ! Finally, the last but not least question : is it viable ? (on the sheet)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info