[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Hello, first of all I want to thank you for this build.Just started playing again after a 2 year break, and I've been having a blast in the past few days.I have a decent amount of currency left from back in the day so I traded for some gear and wanted to know what I should upgrade next.Also I cant seem to get 4 red gem slots on 1 item no matter how many chromatics I pour in to it.Any other way to make the CWDT setup work?

Gear
Spoiler

Passives
"
Fullstep wrote:
Hello, first of all I want to thank you for this build.Just started playing again after a 2 year break, and I've been having a blast in the past few days.I have a decent amount of currency left from back in the day so I traded for some gear and wanted to know what I should upgrade next.Also I cant seem to get 4 red gem slots on 1 item no matter how many chromatics I pour in to it.Any other way to make the CWDT setup work?

Gear
Spoiler

Passives

Hi there. Glad you enjoy the build.
Getting 4R on this build can be tricky, I got stupidly lucky. I'd suggest buying hybrid evasion/armour boots with 30ms, will be easy to roll 4R on them as they're hybrid, and you wont lose too much evasion.
Other than that, your gear is all pretty nice.
Maybe upgrade your jewelry, aim for the same stats but more HP and leech, the 2% from tree is fine but kinda lackluster vs small groups.

Then after that the only thing you can really upgrade is getting a 6L chest to add Pierce/WED/Crit Multi.
IGN: @Oos
Hi, relatively new player here.

I'm now lvl 63 with your build and it's ok, packs die at decent speed but my single target feels lacking. Tooltip with 6 power charges up (and the passive that grants dmg for each charge) shows ~6.2k dps for Power Syphon. I'm using a ~175 dps wand with 8% crit - am I on good track here? At the moment I simply don't have enough mana to cast spell totem if I want to have HoI, Hatred and HoA on, so frost wall is out of the question. I try to kite bosses to the wall but they refuse to cooperate sometimes. And even when I did the tests with Frost wall (HoA turned off) it felt underwhelming, is it because I don't use Pierce gem or because I'm using regular non-quality KB?

Which brings me to my next question - is quality KB worth the investment at my lvl? 10% more radius doesn't sound all that much.

Thanks in advance for answers.

edit: fwiw, I play in the bloodlines league.
Last edited by Bawtzki on Jan 12, 2015, 9:14:13 AM
"
Bawtzki wrote:
Hi, relatively new player here.

I'm now lvl 63 with your build and it's ok, packs die at decent speed but my single target feels lacking. Tooltip with 6 power charges up (and the passive that grants dmg for each charge) shows ~6.2k dps for Power Syphon. I'm using a ~175 dps wand with 8% crit - am I on good track here? At the moment I simply don't have enough mana to cast spell totem if I want to have HoI, Hatred and HoA on, so frost wall is out of the question. I try to kite bosses to the wall but they refuse to cooperate sometimes. And even when I did the tests with Frost wall (HoA turned off) it felt underwhelming, is it because I don't use Pierce gem or because I'm using regular non-quality KB?

Which brings me to my next question - is quality KB worth the investment at my lvl? 10% more radius doesn't sound all that much.

Thanks in advance for answers.

edit: fwiw, I play in the bloodlines league.

Please link your gear and current tree, will be easier for me to help you.
Level 63 is relatively low for this build, it really starts to shine at 70+ when the tree is more filled out. I wouldn't worry too much, just farm docks a bit and you should be fine.

But yea, link your gear and tree and I'll be able to give you more specific advice.

gear

Obviously there's tons of room for improvement in the gear department, I was actually about to go shopping before I hit maps. I still have Piety left on merc so that's another 2 points I'll be getting soon for the skill tree. I don't know if I should go for the remaining HP nodes first or the acrobatics branch.
DO you think this would be viable as a witch going for CI rather than evasion?

I guess one of the big problems would be the loss of ondars guile making phys reflect a lot more scary.
Last edited by Haggisahh on Jan 12, 2015, 3:15:27 PM
im doing well in bloodlines with this build, first time wandering and am having a blast.

Im gonna post my gear here if anyone wants to give me suggestions on what to look for gear wise, i plan on upgrading my wand first to a 185+ pdps with crit. then im going to focus on upgrading my amulet and gloves. my tree is the same except i took a +30 strength node cause i have none on my gear.

Spoiler

edit: bought a new wand, replaced it in the spoiler

edit2: rip'd
Last edited by 310 on Jan 13, 2015, 1:22:20 AM
"
Bawtzki wrote:

gear

Obviously there's tons of room for improvement in the gear department, I was actually about to go shopping before I hit maps. I still have Piety left on merc so that's another 2 points I'll be getting soon for the skill tree. I don't know if I should go for the remaining HP nodes first or the acrobatics branch.

Tree is fine, I'd head for Revenge of the Hunted next, but looks like you're doing that.

I think you're mostly on the right path, you're not very high level yet.
Your wand is nice, it just lacks a crit roll.
Your jewelry also lacks any DPS stats.
Blessed your belt and master craft WED (or buy a new one)

You said you lacked single target, most of PS single target damage comes from crits, so having high crit multi and high base phys dmg (from rings, ammy, wand, tree) helps with this.

Like I said, you're on the right path, and you said you're gearing up before maps. So just make sure you have good defense then get dps on your dps slots (ammy, rings, gloves, crit roll on wand).
Try and get some leech on gear if possible too.

Let me know how you get on later.

"
Haggisahh wrote:
DO you think this would be viable as a witch going for CI rather than evasion?

I guess one of the big problems would be the loss of ondars guile making phys reflect a lot more scary.

Yeah but the tree is quite different and you'll need Vaal Pact. CI has lots of benefits though, higher eHP pool and Blood Rage.

Check the first page comments, there's a great post there about a CI variant.

"
310 wrote:
im doing well in bloodlines with this build, first time wandering and am having a blast.

Im gonna post my gear here if anyone wants to give me suggestions on what to look for gear wise, i plan on upgrading my wand first to a 185+ pdps with crit. then im going to focus on upgrading my amulet and gloves. my tree is the same except i took a +30 strength node cause i have none on my gear.

Spoiler

edit: bought a new wand, replaced it in the spoiler

Yeah nice gear!
All I'd suggest is get a new amulet and gloves. Amulet is very important for this build.
Try and fit in some leech if you can too.
But nice gear, glad you enjoy the build.
well i rip'd lol, 1 shotted a magic pack and ran in picking up loot without realizing it had frost bearers mod :(
"
310 wrote:
well i rip'd lol, 1 shotted a magic pack and ran in picking up loot without realizing it had frost bearers mod :(

Ah that sucks man, happened to me too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrlWiX_fAt4

Seen a couple of mates die to that too, it's a common death but once it happens you pay more attention. Gogo reroll!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info