[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
Haggisahh wrote:
Had to pop in and thank you for your guide.
Currently lvl 60 in bloodlines, the damage is quite frankly the biggest joke ive ever seen in poe, I oneshot just about any pack.

I picked this wand up at 59 for 20 chaos, do you think its worth exalting? I'm leaning towards no.

My one issue as of now is my low hp (2.3k), I guess I'll have to prioritize getting a 5L belly asap.

Yeah, like Tanakeah said, that wand isn't really worth exalting. But it's quite a steal for 20c so good job.
Save your currency for other gear slots.

You have really low HP so get a Belly and prioritise all the life on the tree. That wand will carry you for a while so just focus on getting all the defense on the tree now.

Glad you're having fun.
IGN: @Oos
I remember when I used to laugh or not understand what people meant be dying to desync; now I know... so frustrating. 5 deaths in bloodlines and only 1 of them was legit.. opened the wrong box.

I really wanna love this game but it's so hard pouring so much time into something to see yourself get fucked over in seconds.

/rant

this build was godly and I was 1 shotting everything from 66-69 that I had come across.

Enjoy the game all.

^
Nice build. Now we need unique leveling wand! :)
"
Mookie88 wrote:
I remember when I used to laugh or not understand what people meant be dying to desync; now I know... so frustrating. 5 deaths in bloodlines and only 1 of them was legit.. opened the wrong box.

I really wanna love this game but it's so hard pouring so much time into something to see yourself get fucked over in seconds.

/rant

this build was godly and I was 1 shotting everything from 66-69 that I had come across.

Enjoy the game all.

Ah that sucks man, did smoke mine not go off?
Nah, I'm saying I died legitimately once this league.. it was opening a box.

This time wasn't it. I think this build might lead to a lot of desync or maybe I was just unlucky with my IP/Servers.

Someone mentioned something about shift clicking... I ran up on a pack of blue guys on the wharf, ran back a few steps.. hit /oos and teleported back into them --> dead.

so yeah, shift click is apparently the way to go?
^
So, I've been wondering about pierce. Currently I have the nodes specc'd which allows some pierce and some not. I've been thinking that some pierce has advantages over full pierce.

WIth some your initial blast has a chance to impact enemies or frostwall while full pierce will just zip through. I've actually placed frostwall in front of enemies and shot at the wall allowing. Some pierce some smack the wall and the burst pierces.

But removing those nodes would allow me to get life faster. Which is needed. Also, if I don't have the pierce gem in slot then I could use crit multi gem which I imagine would help a ton.

So, I'm stuck on whether to respec out of pierce nodes and whether or not to use pierce gem (which I can't use now cause I would prioritize that as the 6th link)

------

ANother issue I'm having is deciding on swapping maligaros or not. Currently I use maligaros and they provide better tooltip than rare even though my rare has phys/attack speed. But a rare provides resists and life. This puts less burden on jewelry needing to provide so much.

Decisions.

gear
Spoiler

gear I will swap out if taking away mali
Spoiler

passives

I need a new wand too. Not sure how to go about it. Had been alting 77+ wands and regal. Each time I regal something turns to garbage. I am pretty poor so buying a wand is not likely unless I get a good drop.

And I need those strength nodes at the moment until I get more on gear. May put that on boots instead of a resist. not sure yet

----
I use to use WED but swapped it for pcoc. Yes, WED provides higher tooltip but that's elemental damage vs physical. Boosting physical is what's needed for leech and elemental tends to be higher numbers because it has to compensate for resists.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Jan 8, 2015, 12:49:06 PM
"
Mookie88 wrote:
Nah, I'm saying I died legitimately once this league.. it was opening a box.

This time wasn't it. I think this build might lead to a lot of desync or maybe I was just unlucky with my IP/Servers.

Someone mentioned something about shift clicking... I ran up on a pack of blue guys on the wharf, ran back a few steps.. hit /oos and teleported back into them --> dead.

so yeah, shift click is apparently the way to go?

Ah I see, that sucks.

Yeah always shift click in PoE, it helps a lot against desync with any build.
Because if you name lock a monster and the server makes it run away, you will follow it on the server but not your screen. Shift click prevents a lot of desync.

"
Madcow1120 wrote:
So, I've been wondering about pierce. Currently I have the nodes specc'd which allows some pierce and some not. I've been thinking that some pierce has advantages over full pierce.

WIth some your initial blast has a chance to impact enemies or frostwall while full pierce will just zip through. I've actually placed frostwall in front of enemies and shot at the wall allowing. Some pierce some smack the wall and the burst pierces.

But removing those nodes would allow me to get life faster. Which is needed. Also, if I don't have the pierce gem in slot then I could use crit multi gem which I imagine would help a ton.

So, I'm stuck on whether to respec out of pierce nodes and whether or not to use pierce gem (which I can't use now cause I would prioritize that as the 6th link)

------

ANother issue I'm having is deciding on swapping maligaros or not. Currently I use maligaros and they provide better tooltip than rare even though my rare has phys/attack speed. But a rare provides resists and life. This puts less burden on jewelry needing to provide so much.

Decisions.

gear
Spoiler

gear I will swap out if taking away mali
Spoiler

passives

I need a new wand too. Not sure how to go about it. Had been alting 77+ wands and regal. Each time I regal something turns to garbage. I am pretty poor so buying a wand is not likely unless I get a good drop.

And I need those strength nodes at the moment until I get more on gear. May put that on boots instead of a resist. not sure yet

----
I use to use WED but swapped it for pcoc. Yes, WED provides higher tooltip but that's elemental damage vs physical. Boosting physical is what's needed for leech and elemental tends to be higher numbers because it has to compensate for resists.

Pierce is great for the build but it's also very hard to fit everything in. I leveled to 89 without pierce nodes or the gem, but when I got a 6L and used the gem I felt like I was missing out before, it's very strong. So it's up to you what you want to do really, the pierce nodes are strong but you could always respec them until later.

As for Maligaros, they will always provide the most tooltip dps because of the crit multi roll, once you have all your charges up nothing can beat that, but rare gloves provide a lot more defense and also utility with leech/accuracy/phys damage (for leech too). So if you don't mind lowering your defense a little then keep Malis, it's up to you.
Oh I just noticed you're on Torment. Then you may as well keep maligaros on, they're BiS for softcore.
Alternatively you could use Rat's Nest and rare gloves, but your helmet is pretty nice.

Your gear is nice, you need movement speed on your boots though. and then master craft the rest of the slots on your gear to fill up res/more damage.
Then upgrade wand, your want will be fine up to 72-73ish maps, but you'll want an upgrade after that.
It;s very hard to craft a wand (as you probably know now) because they can roll SO many mods, attack and spell, and even extra ones like projectile speed. I tried to craft one this league and wasted over 1k alts and 12 regals, it wasn't worth it really. I'd suggest to just keep mapping, acquire currency from your shop and save up for a nice wand. Trying to craft one is the biggest gamble in PoE right now.

Good luck.
I just hit level 93, I'm probably going to retire this character because high mapping costs so much. I ran out of chisels and low on high maps.

I'll probably reroll something different and still keep up with this topic, helping anyone out that needs it.

Sorry if it's been asked elsewhere, but are you using PPD and HoA over WED/crit multi and HoT because it adds more damage or for leech/reflect purposes? I seem to be getting better results with WED and HoT.
"
Opec wrote:
Sorry if it's been asked elsewhere, but are you using PPD and HoA over WED/crit multi and HoT because it adds more damage or for leech/reflect purposes? I seem to be getting better results with WED and HoT.

Correct. It's personal preference though.
But the damage is insane without WED/Multi so I chose to go for a safer/leech setup, but it;s up to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info