Season Ten, Event 59: 90m Fixed Seed Brutal

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Eye at season end. You can view the current top three participants by class here.

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Top Prizes:

The overall alive top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 alive players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Eye (Unique Golden Hoop) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 32: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 28-31: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 23-27: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 18-22: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 14-17: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 9-13: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 6-8: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Brutus (Upper Prison): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Den: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Stone of Lazhwar Unique Item (50 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Sapphire Ring Item (30 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
no fucking gear. i was cleaving with starter weapon in prisoners... 40% fire res in docks, major fucking desync in corrupted zone. the worth fucking mobs in the game to be in that zone as well, once they attack your fucking computer freezes for 2 seconds. awesome optimasation as always
Excellent race, I watched FragGy vid's and tried to emulate him, I did exceptionally well (by my own standards lol), ty Fraggy <3

GUYS PLZ STOP DYING IN THE LAST 10 MINUTES :C

However, game startedly randomly DCing me in the last minute, not enough to matter but still, was weird >.>
Last edited by CabooseDog on Jan 4, 2015, 11:32:44 PM
Rough time with vendors and recipes this race or I may have hit 31. Dang res rings not there and magic iron rings I simply cannot afford.

edit nvm I did beat my record.. idk
Last edited by terrex on Jan 4, 2015, 11:52:35 PM
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Excellent race, I watched FragGy vid's and tried to emulate him, I did exceptionally well (by my own standards lol), ty Fraggy <3

However, game startedly randomly DCing me in the last minute, not enough to matter but still, was weird >.>

It's the lure of that Demi. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
CabooseDog wrote:

It's the lure of that Demi. =^[.]^=

Lawl how many times has it been said, "Greed never pays off", "A live noob is better than a dead pro", etc, etc :p

Whatever the reason, ambition or greed, thats 2 more positions up the ladder for me :p
Spoiler

internet went out for a minute.
the struggle for wisdoms was real again, otherwise decent run.

EDIT: regal'ed the quartz btw
Last edited by FrAgGy on Jan 4, 2015, 11:45:45 PM
>Lv27!
>20th ladder (deducting RIP ppl)
>4th Duelist :)

Despite taking 19 minutes to get past Brutus this ended up being my best 90mFSB ever!

No gamebreaking strategy, just speccing life over DPS in a few areas. Had 600 life by Lv27 but could have specced out a couple points to get Wrecking ball

Level Pathing
-Lv9 Brutus (as opposed to usual 7)
-Lv13 Merveil at 13 (as opposed to usual 12. 1 sapph ring = HARD.)
-Lv13-14 Southern Forest
-Lv14-16 Riverways (reset once if needed)
-Leapslam to Crypt 1
-Lv17 Crypt 1
-Lv18 onwards Crypt 2

Notes
-Crypt 2 becomes quite slow for exp after Lv21, even if you are oneshot leapslamming packs and with a Quicksilver
-That being said, if you do not have confidence to clear Act 2 with at least 25minutes to farm Sarn/push Docks, it is better to stay in Crypt 2

Gear

Early MVP. If I get a weap like this in Riverways again next time I'm definitely going to push for Act 3.

MVP

QS dropped in Crypt around Lv19 so wouldn't have made a difference in pushing for Sarn.
CHECK OUT THIS THIRD-PLACE OP DUELIST GEAR

thats right no augments!

yes that is an iron ring! My other options were to buy a two-stone with some fire (which i probably should have), or vendor my decoy totem (which would have been a terrible mistake)

These are not terrible. I guess.

Logged out of the vaal zone... 4 or 5 times? Those bastard vaal archers love to crit-freeze. I would have died every time too if I didn't have an insta-pot to prevent immediate death before logout.

Tough sig this is.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Jan 4, 2015, 11:42:56 PM
No ms ever, no second qs :( Tried to transmute few boots, found lots of magic ones but nothing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info