Season Ten, Event 51: 40m Descent Champions

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

You are able to read up information regarding Descent: Champions events here

Dead characters will still be able to receive reward points in Descent events.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Eye (Unique Golden Hoop) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 25: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 21-24: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 17-20: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 14-16: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 11-13: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 8-10: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 5-7: 1 Reward Point.

Alternate Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Defeat Rukuku, the Pagan God: 1 Reward Point.
  • Defeat The Brute: 1 Reward Point.
  • Defeat Hatestorm: 1 Reward Point.
  • Defeat Avatar of the Tempest: 1 Reward Point.
  • Defeat General Gravicius: 1 Reward Point.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Freezing Chamber: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Obelisks of Faith: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Stone of Lazhwar Unique Item (50 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Sapphire Ring Item (30 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
If a character dies in a Cruel or Merciless area, it is subject to experience loss, which is applied before the final experience value is put on the ladder.

from http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Descent.

Just so you know!
I did not know that, but I don't think I have ever gotten that far in a race.
"
alphaccount wrote:
"
If a character dies in a Cruel or Merciless area, it is subject to experience loss, which is applied before the final experience value is put on the ladder.

from http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Descent.

Just so you know!

k
Massive... lag... unplayable...

Throughout I'm throwing traps, running forward, then suddenly a trap flies from behind me and lands where I'm running, completely missing all the enemies I'm aiming for. Lots of desync, rubber banding back to past areas and I'm not using any laggy skills or even a QS flask or MS. Last straw was Pagan God where all the Sparks on screen caused massive lag, none of my traps were thrown and then suddenly desync hits and I'm dead with no warning.

There wasn't this problem at all in the morning Rogue race. I guess I've learned my lesson, don't try to play the signature event cause the servers aren't up to it.
this tops the most retarded descent i've ever done... 1) cant roll a weapon even tho i had probbly 2 extra alcs... past brutus somewhere i realise "woops i never picked up groundslam did i" which put me in a tiny bit of confusion of how to handle the tree... and the worst... i had no fucking blues, anywhere... i had decent amount of blues in halls 1 and 3 but that's it. i dont think i even had ONE blue pack in the zombie zone, WTF?

Got axe around level 14.5. Used every other orb on poleaxes the rest of the race and didnt even get 50 ipd equiv in dmg lol.
My inner halls were so empty :/ second class third overal
"
Massive... lag... unplayable...

Throughout I'm throwing traps, running forward, then suddenly a trap flies from behind me and lands where I'm running, completely missing all the enemies I'm aiming for. Lots of desync, rubber banding back to past areas and I'm not using any laggy skills or even a QS flask or MS. Last straw was Pagan God where all the Sparks on screen caused massive lag, none of my traps were thrown and then suddenly desync hits and I'm dead with no warning.

There wasn't this problem at all in the morning Rogue race. I guess I've learned my lesson, don't try to play the signature event cause the servers aren't up to it.

Firsly, this isn't the signature race this season. Just sayin.

Secondly, it sounds like it isn't all the server's fault, I get quite a bit of desync but desync is also contributed to a small bit by your PC and by your internet(although I know it IS mostly the server) It really doesn't make sense that you wouldn't have the issue in the morning race, but that's PoE for you. Random desync for random people at random times. ALl I have to say is that if you are having issue with that much desync /oos is the best command ever and is worth having a macro for.
~~Katie ^-^
>Lv20 (barely)
>125th Ladder
>11th Duelist
>Ranged

A shit run but at least I lived. Looking back, I realise that my previous ranged runs only went well because I got a very useful unique while progressing. In this run I did not and I was often out of mana or just not hitting hard enough single target or mob DPS even with all damage nodes.

The only thing consistently easy were the bosses

Gear

Gonna have to reinvent the wheel and reroll melee and keep an offhand ranged with Poison Arrow for bosses. SERIOUS THIS TIME.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info