Melee is really shit

bahaha.

And I just made one probably maining it too; GOING TO BE SNAZZY
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
It is not, come back when you have:

6+ endurance charges(and don't waste'em with some cheesy CwDT-setup)
15k+ armour(maybe some eva/block)
5K+ life
enough leech
a skill to get you out of the danger
and when you realize that some enemies/combos are not meant to be killed, their purpose is to kill you.
d:-D*
Translation: I can't make a fun melee build.
anything is everything
"
Melee is really shit

bahaha.

And I just made one probably maining it too; GOING TO BE SNAZZY

In which league are you anyways? temp or perm, HC or SC?
Go caster,then.
Ah you think melee playstyle is your ally? You merely adopted the small aoe. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't hit offscreen until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but deaths and rips in hc!
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
every time i think about playing melee, i think, hm, i should probably just kill myself

so better not.
I don't enjoy melee in PoE, either. It just doesn't feel fluid. Not sure if it's the animations or the desync, but playing melee in PoE feels like dancing with a woman who has just taken her first dancing class.
"
Mivo wrote:
I don't enjoy melee in PoE, either. It just doesn't feel fluid. Not sure if it's the animations or the desync, but playing melee in PoE feels like dancing with a woman who has just taken her first dancing class.

I do enjoy some melee skills, but I find the same. It doesn't feel fluid. I think it is because of how easy it is to switch targets with a ranged character and see instant results where as a melee must run to the new target. And like you said, desync, which is super apparent when you have to move to that new target.

I like the idea of counter attack skills, but they certainly don't "fix" melee. Unfortunately many of the proposed solutions are game breaking. I have faith in GGG though, every big patch I read and go, "holy shit, did they just ruin this game?!" But I keep playing, keep enjoying it, and once the shock is over I see why they made the changes they did. Sooner or later they will get it worked out.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
the new melee gems are also a very weak buff. the main problem is that they trigger when monsters attack you (and you either block or take damage). imho the concept is very flawed because against bosses you do not want to get hit in the first place. for example the new gems do little to your survivability or dps in a a fight against heavy hitting bosses like vaal.

imho there should be mobs and bosses that are designed to kill ranged characters instead of buffing melee. the game need to get harder instead of easier (by buffing melee). the evangelists from act 3 are a good idea in that direction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info