Melee is the worst bullshit ever in poe

less survavability, less damage, more desync compared to bow/spectral throw/casters and what does ggg do, they nerf it even further, 0/10 for balance in poe
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
StormHunter has come back with

Sadly though, there will be players that will

your post, so get ready to face

from the players, StormHunter. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
StormHunter has come back with

Sadly though, there will be players that will

your post, so get ready to face

from the players, StormHunter. :)

Aha thank you for that :D
IGN : @Morgoth
I usually always try play a viable melee build every league.

This time, balancing clearspeed and survivability didn't quite cut it in my theorycrafting so have actually decided to just go ranged...
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
Have you never played a crit dagger / evasion build? They are the most broken things xD. Tons of damage and never getting hit seems pretty defensive.
IGN: ScareKrow
Instead of buffing melee defenses, they just added a little dps with those new riposte-like skills.

Ture, those skills are fun to see, interesting mid-level, but useless at high level.

Spell damage is the worst thing for melee because they have to be in middle of fight, eating burst of elem and there is nothing anymore to prevent 1 shot since spell block got nerfed to death. Evasion or dodge is the new option but it just make it impossible to use if you start marauder.

Forum pvp
We need FFA loot back as the default and only setting. See how many play ranged then. D2 did id right, FFA all around, but D3 turned everyone into those "i have my own loot in D3, now i play POE, why cant i get my own loot here?" kind of players.
 The only real info we need is when the GD PoE ship is going to make any progress crossing the ocean sized problem that desync is in their custom game engine. We've all put up with it for the duration (just over 2 years for me) but it is at best frustrating and at the worst agonizing and infuriating to see creatures instantly disappear as you attack or instantly be on you as if out of nowhere as the client re-syncs with what the server side simulation has for the position of all creatures. Rubberbanding is also highly annoying too.

The latest 3 month leagues have even more desync than in the past. The PoE game engine is clearly breaking down under the weight of the PoE superstructure. I do understand that GGG will only keep afloat and stay in business with more content every 4 months but for the constant addition of new features (spells, attacks, creatures etc.) for which we are all enjoying the problem of the overloaded game engine and thus desync grows ever worse.

So it matters little whether melee or ranged is worse to play but for how much longer GGG can keep the PoE ship afloat and when in the future that DDD (dreaded damn desync) sinks PoE permanently or we rage quit from 1 too many desync deaths. The new patch 1.2 and now 1.3 passive tree makes for more offensive builds and that is super great (killing mobs fast before being killed is fun to play) but the increased amount of desync it causes (especially when a champion is among them) does increase our frustration level.

My new years wish for 2015 is for a low desync PoE. My pings to Dallas have always been and still are averaging in the 40 ms range so Internet lag is very low for me so that can't be blamed as the problem. It's now time for GGG to put forth more human resources to solve this.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
well they generally have more damage and more survivability, learning how to press force stand still removes the desync aspect so..... ya, thats that basically.
"
The real balance of melee vs ranged was FFA loot, since it rewarded risky melee play with first dibs, but everyone cried about that and GGG caved. The game has been ranged uber alles ever since.

Thank God. Forced FFA was the dumbest thing ever and not a way to balance two ways of playing a game like this.

Hmmm do I want to be more powerful or find more loot IF I play with other players? lol

"
We need FFA loot back as the default and only setting. See how many play ranged then. D2 did id right, FFA all around, but D3 turned everyone into those "i have my own loot in D3, now i play POE, why cant i get my own loot here?" kind of players.

Not gonna happen, the players spoke and GGG listened.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Dec 26, 2014, 8:26:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info