Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Heyitspars wrote:
"
Can you explain why spire trap works best in gloves and not for example boots?

Because you can get shaped gloves with "Socketed gems are supported by level # Advanced Traps" and swap that support for a Controlled Destruction.

Example:

(The ones I have aren't great, but you get the picture)

Also available in gloves (but not boots) - Socketed gems supported by Fast casting (comes with a nice casting boost for all spells)

http://poe.trade/search/ikerasisitaruk

Buy yourself a nice pseudo 6 link skill that stacks with every inch of your passives and other gear for a handful of chaos (Ok, no leech, but still).

At least a dozen times I've walked my dumb but into too many boss attacks, and just waited a few more seconds before hitting the res button to watch my traps finish killing the boss.

I'm a squishy noob, but I look forward to syndicate on maps, I've got them all trusted up so I get 2-3 usually, and I just drop a couple traps and whirl in circles for 10 seconds or so.

Last edited by ShawnDream on Jan 24, 2019, 1:59:07 PM
"

There's an argument for that I suppose, but depending on the encounter you could proc it, phase the boss after 2 seconds, and then have subpar dps until the next proc. In a stand-and-spam scenario, you have a 25% uptime on double damage (average 4.5%).

This all becomes somewhat mitigated when you start stacking buffs. So if going with double damage when focused, I would highly recommend swapping out Cold Snap for Vaal Haste and grabbing "Non-Vaal Skills deal (51-60)% increased Damage during Soul Gain Prevention" craft on boots/gloves. You'll still run into phasing issues but for at least 4s a fight, this combination will drastically improve your dps.

Okay so my point is when you're sufficiently geared, you don't lack dps. I kill things off screen most of the time. And the syndicate encounters with 4 in there at captain level in an elder T16 map dies within 5-6 seconds with 3 well placed traps and you slamming it.

There is almost never a fight results in me standing there hitting for more than a couple seconds. If you do uber elder and other bosses I'm sure it's different. But just grinding T16's focus DD is vastly superior imo.
Last edited by SCStrafe on Jan 24, 2019, 2:03:22 PM
"
mhyun wrote:
"
"
mhyun wrote:
Can someone take a look at my gear and tell me what my next step is? I have ~160c.

To read the “What to Upgrade Next” miniguide at the start of the first post. Also, your character tab is private.

I made my character public. I've been following the "What to upgrade next" guide but I'm still a bit lost.

New daggers, 6 linking your chest, then also getting X cold damage to spells in order to use your Hypothermia gem (currently it serves no purpose since it's not linked and/or you don't have cold damage).
"
I’ve been tinkering around on the wiki as I’m wont to do when I have nothing to do at work and ran across a couple unique amulets. Aul’s Uprising with Wrath (extremely expensive) would allow us to not use an Essence Ring or add an additional aura without reservation.

The Primordial Chain would offer a large dps boost at the cost of all defensive stats (75% increased damage, 6-7% increased attack/cast speed, and the option of adding an ice golem for 67% increased crit. I wouldn’t recommend this late game, but for early mapping it’s relatively cheap for the damage. It may become worth it if adding The Anima Stone and Primordial Eminence. The amulet and 2 jewel combination would grant 7 total golems and an additional 30 % Golem aura buff on top of what Liege of the Primordial grants. I suppose I cannot gaurantee multiple golems of the same type count. Also, looks as if Primordial Eminence can stack (source of 30% Golem aura buff). With enough it might even be worth it to add in earth and chaos golems for the buff (would die much faster due to no elemental immunity).

I’ll need to wit till I can access PoB to test this further. Any thoughts?

Aul's Uprising was actually part of the guide until Betrayal (in other words, during Delve league), but I'm guessing Enki took it out due to how prohibitive the price tag on it is. The same reasoning went behind The Anima Stone (I specifically recall someone asking about it during Incursion league), but the price for that jewel dropped drastically since then.

The problem with The Primordial Chain and adding new golem types is that we don't have enough skillbar slots to have all those golems out, and them having a lot less life means we will need to recast them from time to time, especially those not immune to elemental damage. I think it's too much micromanagement for not enough gain, but just adding Anima Stone and a third golem type is definitely a viable alternative IMO, especially with the 21-30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments crafted mod on jewellry reducing the need for abyss jewels to cap shock effectiveness.

An often overlooked advantage of having a high level (+size) Stone Golem or Chaos Golem is they get big enough to actually provide a somewhat reliable mobile cover against some projectile and AoE attacks, as they tend to move between you and your targets. With the addition of the minion nodes from the passive tree to the build, maybe even with the occasional recast, keeping one of those tanky golems alive in some high level boss fights is doable.

Once I've achieved my goals for the league, I'll probably play around with using three lvl21 golems and a lvl4 Empower in a +2 Minion Gems helm and see how well they can be kept alive in difficult encounters.
"
sny83 wrote:
Aul's Uprising was actually part of the guide until Betrayal (in other words, during Delve league), but I'm guessing Enki took it out due to how prohibitive the price tag on it is. The same reasoning went behind The Anima Stone (I specifically recall someone asking about it during Incursion league), but the price for that jewel dropped drastically since then.

The problem with The Primordial Chain and adding new golem types is that we don't have enough skillbar slots to have all those golems out, and them having a lot less life means we will need to recast them from time to time, especially those not immune to elemental damage. I think it's too much micromanagement for not enough gain, but just adding Anima Stone and a third golem type is definitely a viable alternative IMO, especially with the 21-30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments crafted mod on jewellry reducing the need for abyss jewels to cap shock effectiveness.

An often overlooked advantage of having a high level (+size) Stone Golem or Chaos Golem is they get big enough to actually provide a somewhat reliable mobile cover against some projectile and AoE attacks, as they tend to move between you and your targets. With the addition of the minion nodes from the passive tree to the build, maybe even with the occasional recast, keeping one of those tanky golems alive in some high level boss fights is doable.

Once I've achieved my goals for the league, I'll probably play around with using three lvl21 golems and a lvl4 Empower in a +2 Minion Gems helm and see how well they can be kept alive in difficult encounters.

Heh, I just realized that PoB ignores all dps gains from Liege of the Primordial. As far as micromanaging golems, they don't need to be active on the skillbar, and only Stone and Chaos are in any serious risk of dying for most encounters (especially if you get a source of regen/leech for minions/golems). Although they do lose some hp, they would receive 1000 armour. But even without more types of golems, the Ascendency reads "per golem," and you can have multiple golems of the same type. Still, chaos would grant 15% reduced physical damage taken at L22, and I think that's worth a bit of hassle.
"
Heh, I just realized that PoB ignores all dps gains from Liege of the Primordial. As far as micromanaging golems, they don't need to be active on the skillbar, and only Stone and Chaos are in any serious risk of dying for most encounters (especially if you get a source of regen/leech for minions/golems). Although they do lose some hp, they would receive 1000 armour. But even without more types of golems, the Ascendency reads "per golem," and you can have multiple golems of the same type. Still, chaos would grant 15% reduced physical damage taken at L22, and I think that's worth a bit of hassle.

You're right, I have no idea why I read the skill description in my mind as referring to each type of golem. Still, my hunch is that 1000 armor is nowhere near enough to compensate for the loss of 35-45% life, especially since it does nothing to mitigate elemental damage, which is the main source of threat to our chaos/stone golems.

If you do decide to experiment with The Primordial Chain anyway, I'd be interested to know how it turns out for you even so.
nevermind.
Last edited by HardSide on Jan 24, 2019, 8:27:45 PM
The guide says to get Arc, then kill Merveil, but you can't get Arc until after killing Merveil.
"
mhyun wrote:
"
"
mhyun wrote:
Can someone take a look at my gear and tell me what my next step is? I have ~160c.

To read the “What to Upgrade Next” miniguide at the start of the first post. Also, your character tab is private.

I made my character public. I've been following the "What to upgrade next" guide but I'm still a bit lost.

The what to upgrade list is in order, just go down each step and check that you have what hes listed. First one you do not have, upgrade that first. And so on...
"
Zulrang wrote:
The guide says to get Arc, then kill Merveil, but you can't get Arc until after killing Merveil.

Wrong, you actually get the quest reward the moment you get into cavern of ?wrath? I cant remember. You go back to town talk to nessa and can get it. Believe quest line might even tell you to go back to town at that point. But generally speaking yes i understand the general flow would make it seem that youd keep trucking through til you get to and kill merveil.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info