Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

@ Dumass, Tempest Shield is a good option, I believe.
The Scepter/shield combo doesn't work anymore ? for the perma onslaught ?

Follow up question, i do understand the casting speed helps us with the reduction of and consequent increase of casts per sec on arc but how the attack speed works with us, does that affect our arc casting speed also ?
Last edited by drinsane on Dec 6, 2018, 11:56:38 PM
"
dumass12 wrote:
i'm using clear mind and took out clarity, what gem should i run with CWDT + enfeeble?

"
Okiepower wrote:
@ Dumass, Tempest Shield is a good option, I believe.

No shield, so I'm pretty sure we can't use Tempest Shield even though we still block.

You could always put in a dps lightning spell to be triggered from the CWDT, but I don't think those would be very potent. I'd move Decoy Totem to where Clarity is and then give your golems Culling Strike. If you already use CS on your Orb of Storms, still give the golems CS and use Vaal Haste in the OoS link (benefit from Increased Duration).

Keep in mind, however, mana will be much harder to come by this league. There are fewer mana nodes on this tree that I can see, and I expect Watcher's Eye to be much more rare and expensive.

"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
From my experience, daggers without cast speed are garbage and it's pretty hard to craft a good daggers with cast speed + lightning damage to spells/penetration/extra chaos.
I tried dual wield sceptres before and using only flame dash on uber elder was not a pleasant experience.
Will see, I guess

Enki addressed the issue of daggers being an expensive end game alternative to dual scepters. Ideally by the time you face Uber Elder you will have had the option to purchase good daggers. If not, you will still have Leap Slam in conjunction with Flame Dash.

Personally I'm considering skipping Fortify and using a 4L Lightning Warp instead. I won't really know till I play around this league and see where I end up. I've also considered Flame Dash + Faster Casting and again skipping Fortify, giving myself 2 gems to play with.
Last edited by Aldonés on Dec 7, 2018, 12:03:33 AM
@drisane

From @dualism04, 2 pages back

"
If it makes you feel any better, we're more powerful without it. Enki's adjusted the nodes to completely compensate for the cast speed, more than make up for the attack speed (movement skills), so really we just lose some movement speed. Overall it pays significant dividends in overall damage (something like 20%?) due to the nature of all those stats we get on our offhand.
thank you very much I am kinda lost with the reading :)
Just to let you know Enki, I believe you have Basalt flask showing up twice instead of a Sulphur.
So what I'm taking away from these updates that Enki made is that Single Target should now be better because of the increase in the DPS Nodes? Looking forward to trying it tomorrow! I rocked this build in Incursion. I did very well, but like many others on here said, the Single Target(boss killing) was lacking. I quit the league early however do to health issues. Looking forward to seeing how much the Single Target is improved this go around.
Cant i use a Shield for my moving skill anymore ?
Does The permanent onslaught Not work anymore ?
Is dualwielding so much more dmg ?
"

"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
From my experience, daggers without cast speed are garbage and it's pretty hard to craft a good daggers with cast speed + lightning damage to spells/penetration/extra chaos.
I tried dual wield sceptres before and using only flame dash on uber elder was not a pleasant experience.
Will see, I guess

Enki addressed the issue of daggers being an expensive end game alternative to dual scepters. Ideally by the time you face Uber Elder you will have had the option to purchase good daggers. If not, you will still have Leap Slam in conjunction with Flame Dash.

Personally I'm considering skipping Fortify and using a 4L Lightning Warp instead. I won't really know till I play around this league and see where I end up. I've also considered Flame Dash + Faster Casting and again skipping Fortify, giving myself 2 gems to play with.

purchase good daggers? Thats unrealistic, no one is crafting arc daggers for sale :)
The only option is to buy a shaped base and craft it yourself
"
Enki91 wrote:

Guide + miniguides are now updated for 3.5, except for the SSF Progression. Took a few more hours than expected but I wanted it to be good and we all know that takes its time. Or maybe I started procrastinating. Or both.

I can only thank everyone again for all the enthusiasm and hope the new setup will work out well in Betrayal!

Actually I guess WE should thank YOU for the work and the theorycraft to make the build work for Betrayal ;-)

Have played it last 2 leagues but not to full extend and after getting some gear to level it easy.

This time I'll try it as league starter, the new changes seems pretty interesting :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info