[3.4] Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner & SSF-friendly Lightning Caster - All Content & Mapmods

"
Completed 17 ChallengesClemsonPK wrote:
Also, not mad, but I have to say that to call this build beginner/SSF friendly, or to even mention all content is beyond misleading.

It's very friendly. It's just not exactly easy to get to the final version - It requires a bit of work. But, the build is easy-sauce to run as long as you stick to "The Plan" and don't deviate from it too much.

The ES on your belt is a waste, IMO. Get extended duration for flasks.

That's a nice stat neck, but if you can get something that's more damage oriented, it'd be better. (I know it's difficult to find the Dex.)

Get the Enchants, even if you have to run 'em yourself and buy the Prophesy. (Just keep the Prophesy gem in your Stash, since you can pick up a double-use Shrine along the way, sometimes. Pop the prophesy before the last fight if you didn't get the Shrine buff. I don't know why, but I had both going, planning on getting four, and I ended up with only getting three. /shrug)

Doryani's looks pretty cheap on PoE Trade atm. 35-50 Chaos. Don't try to farm it unless you're IN LOVE with friggin' Atziri... Sure, she's easy, but Doryani's is a pretty rare drop. (I can't recall the number of times I tried with no luck. Paid 2ex or so for mine on XBox, which is a friggin' steal on XBox before mid-league.)

Run Elder shaped Maps for a good ilevel Gloves to try to craft, if necessary. Same for Boots/Helm if you want that extra enchant.

Currency flows like water in Delve. For that matter, so do good crafting items. You can craft some amazing stuff, given the right mats. Delve lets you be able to sustain running higher level maps, too. Chaos/Alchs/Chisels/Maps, all to be found in the depths... And, some good drops, too. (PS - Tons of mobs and good exp once you get down a bit.)

Put some extra blue sockets in the staff and level up some additional Arcs to Vaal. You'll want a 21+ Arc rather than Vaal Arc if you can get it. The + gem quality on it and, IIRC, the Enlighten, will net you a little bit more gem experience, too.

PS - Edit/add: Take a look at Enki's Atlas guide. It's a pastebin. There are some good tips on getting gear while mapping, too.

Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 11, 2018, 11:28:26 PM
I just got a new skill effect for lightning warp, would this build be okay with the swap between lightning warp and shield charge? It seems that in most boss fights the fortify isn’t even doing anything?
"
Completed 7 ChallengesJuleslop wrote:
I just got a new skill effect for lightning warp, would this build be okay with the swap between lightning warp and shield charge? It seems that in most boss fights the fortify isn’t even doing anything?

While I agree that, ideally, we should probably try to not get hit :) , Fortify is a very nice buff.

I've never used Lightning Warp, but it doesn't seem like a great skill to get us out of Harm's Way. There's a delay between activation and warp, right? Flame Dash works great for that, since it's instantaneous (The cast can be interrupted, though, I think). Combined with having the ability to proc a Fortify with Shield Rush, it's a nice combo. Shield Rushing through some adds during a tense fight does give us a few seconds of decent damage reduction. It's a staple Shield Rush combo for a good reason.
Which is better:

21/20 Arc
20/20 Vaal Arc

My understanding is that outside crazy Delve drops or lots of ex, you can't get both...
Hello
thank you again for this beautiful guide.It is thanks to you that I already kill the shaper and the elder.
This is my 3rd request on your opinion.
I think I'm pretty good, 327K of DPS, 5.6k of life and 2100 of mana (a bit weak)
I still want to find an enchantment for my helmet.
Can you give me your opinion on the last improvements to make.
Do you think that Wrath lvl21 is really necessary?

thank you
"
Completed 20 ChallengesDrax6661 wrote:
Hello
thank you again for this beautiful guide.It is thanks to you that I already kill the shaper and the elder.
This is my 3rd request on your opinion.
I think I'm pretty good, 327K of DPS, 5.6k of life and 2100 of mana (a bit weak)
I still want to find an enchantment for my helmet.
Can you give me your opinion on the last improvements to make.
Do you think that Wrath lvl21 is really necessary?

thank you

If you check wiki you'll see that Wrath adds the same amount of bonus lightning damage to spells on levels 22-24. So it does not matter if you have lvl20 or lvl 21 Wrath(it will be lvl22 and lvl23 if used in Essence Worm).
Last edited by alex_disp on Oct 12, 2018, 7:45:32 AM
"
Morkonan wrote:
"

While I agree that, ideally, we should probably try to not get hit :) , Fortify is a very nice buff.

I've never used Lightning Warp, but it doesn't seem like a great skill to get us out of Harm's Way. There's a delay between activation and warp, right? Flame Dash works great for that, since it's instantaneous (The cast can be interrupted, though, I think). Combined with having the ability to proc a Fortify with Shield Rush, it's a nice combo. Shield Rushing through some adds during a tense fight does give us a few seconds of decent damage reduction. It's a staple Shield Rush combo for a good reason.

So what you are saying is that lightning warp is possible but it’s a bit finicky and in the end shield rush with fortify is better, but you can still use lightning warp, it just won’t be as good?
"
So what you are saying is that lightning warp is possible but it’s a bit finicky and in the end shield rush with fortify is better, but you can still use lightning warp, it just won’t be as good?

I've never used lightning warp. But, in reading on it, it has a slight delay before it takes effect. People feel they need to build a 4-link less duration/faster casting just to use it fairly comfortably.

For movement, we've got two skills built in to the build, Shield Rush and Flame Dash. Flame Dash is our "Fast Travel" skill and, for long distances, you can combine it and Shield Rush. Flame Dash is also sort of "instant" and, more importantly, it's a warp, so your character does not touch the terrain/ground effects between start and stop positions, unlike Shield Rush. But, Shield Rush is an attack and can be combined with support gems, like Fortify, which is one of the most popular combinations in the game, giving us a nice boost to damage mitigation for a short time.

I don't have experience using Lightning Warp. But, from all I have seen, there's no advantage there to be had and you'd be giving up some possible bursts of damage mitigation if you dropped Shield Rush/Fortify for it. If you dropped Flame Dash, you'd be giving up one of the sweetest movement skills in the game. :)

Your character, your choice, but I wouldn't choose it for myself.

PS - You should have enough lightning dps going out between Arc and Orb of Storms that having another Lightning dps spell is just double redundancy redundancy. But, I don't know if the Lightning Dash damage has any worthy attributes that come with it.
"

I've never used lightning warp. But, in reading on it, it has a slight delay before it takes effect. People feel they need to build a 4-link less duration/faster casting just to use it fairly comfortably.

For movement, we've got two skills built in to the build, Shield Rush and Flame Dash. Flame Dash is our "Fast Travel" skill and, for long distances, you can combine it and Shield Rush. Flame Dash is also sort of "instant" and, more importantly, it's a warp, so your character does not touch the terrain/ground effects between start and stop positions, unlike Shield Rush. But, Shield Rush is an attack and can be combined with support gems, like Fortify, which is one of the most popular combinations in the game, giving us a nice boost to damage mitigation for a short time.

I don't have experience using Lightning Warp. But, from all I have seen, there's no advantage there to be had and you'd be giving up some possible bursts of damage mitigation if you dropped Shield Rush/Fortify for it. If you dropped Flame Dash, you'd be giving up one of the sweetest movement skills in the game. :)

PS - You should have enough lightning dps going out between Arc and Orb of Storms that having another Lightning dps spell is just double redundancy redundancy. But, I don't know if the Lightning Warp damage has any worthy attributes that come with it.

Edit-Add: Shield Rush also doesn't use mana, so before you get your Watcher's Eye, it's nice for moving around maps that don't let you regen mana.
Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 12, 2018, 8:51:54 AM
"
Morkonan wrote:
"

PS - You should have enough lightning dps going out between Arc and Orb of Storms that having another Lightning dps spell is just double redundancy redundancy. But, I don't know if the Lightning Warp damage has any worthy attributes that come with it.

Edit-Add: Shield Rush also doesn't use mana, so before you get your Watcher's Eye, it's nice for moving around maps that don't let you regen mana.

Thank you, I think I might try lightning warp but I won’t blame it on the build since I know that I’m going a little off target, maybe lightning warp will add dps, I’m not sure but I want to try it
P.S thank you for responding so quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info