Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I'm looking to buy my 6-link inpulsa but I have a question.

How important is the % explosion damage? Does it have to be 10%? And increased effect of shock, is that equal to increased damage?

Thanks for the build, I've reached further then I ever have before with it.

Last edited by Panncakes on Oct 11, 2018, 2:32:19 PM
Is damage boost from inpulsa corruption significant enough to warrant dropping 30 ex for it?

Which arc enchant is better, extra chain or 40% damage?

Which one from above two upgrades should i go for first?
Last edited by Unista on Oct 11, 2018, 3:14:54 PM
@pease1
In addition to what the others wrote, Consecrated Ground from your Sulphur Flask, and if you can be bothered to farm for it also the "..of Light" glove enchant will heal them aswell. Or you could try to fossil craft a Ghastly Eye jewel with Ele/Lightning Penetration and Minion Life Regeneration, although I haven't tested how effective this is.

@Braan79
It just doesn't give enough in return to justify reserving mana (=life) for it. Enfeeble on CwDt is much more reliable in longer bossfights.

@ClemsonPK
Dude those words are really disrespectful. Our damage scaling is explained where relevant, all the required base stats for each gear slot are listed, i've even wrote an entire guide just to show how to find good & cheap gear with mastercraft potential. And I spend about an hour almost every day just replying to everyone here. Really can't make it easier than this.

Looking at your setup, there's a few things you can do on the cheap for a big improvement. Start with replacing Mana Leech with Culling Strike, you already got a leech Watcher's. Increased Duration in your CwDt setup can be leveled to 20, the trigger level limit only affects linked spells. Use the 20% recipe on Faster Attacks, more attack speed = faster dodging. Your flasks are all missing quality, aren't properly rolled and your lightning res isn't highest, so you're not gaining the penetration from Wise Oak. You can also easily farm a boot enchant in Merc Lab, your pair of boots is really good so wouldn't have to replace them at any point anyway. I'd also recommend to get a little bit more cast speed, you want to get as close to 5 casts per second with Arcane Surge up as possible.

The damage difference between you and me is the result of a higher Arc level, 5L vs. 6L, higher char level = more DPS nodes, enchants vs. no enchants and simply better gear, with all of these things adding up and boosting each others effectiveness.

@ChickyWaWa
Hypothermia

@jb007s

I can see the Clarity mod being a huge help in that situation, another way to prevent this is keeping Orb of Storms up as much as possible in bossfights or delves to constantly leech mana back, although this requires them to walk into its radius. I'd like to expand the mapping & bossfights section with information like this, unfortunately i'm currently right below the post limit so that would require a serious guide rework or post limit extension, which i've requested.

Your setup looks great, I think the only true DPS upgrades don't even exist, like a perfect lightning caster sceptre. I really wish people would stop crafting the exact same phys gained as ele statsticks over and over again. Only small detail i'd recommend you to change is try to roll the Basalt with Chemist's + Warding, or if needed divine the Ample so that you have two uses during bossfights. And put quality on Enfeeble for some more damage reduction.

@Jokke1989
As you noticed, some of your gems are way too high leveled, namely both CwDt gems, Immortal Call, Enfeeble, Cold Snap and Arcane Surge. Check the gem section which levels these gems are supposed to have, and then just get new ones in town and keep them at those levels. That will already be a huge improvement.

Your flasks also need improvement. Only the Eternal Life Flask can stay, it's perfectly rolled for this build. Replace the others with Eternal Mana, Basalt, Sulphur and Atziri's Promise, then quality them all and roll them with the listed affixes. This will give more stability, sustain and damage to the build.

I've also noticed that you're only using one Fragility jewel, you need another to gain Onslaught for a huge mobility and damage boost. Also replace whatever unique jewel is left after this, they're both not exactly good and you could even alt-craft something better on a Hypnotic Eye jewel base. You could also get an Essence Worm and run Wrath for a substantial damage boost, resistances should still be fine and if not, could be made up for on the new jewel.

This should largely remove any issues you have. If you still get mana issues, try to keep up Orb of Storms more often and lure bosses into it with Decoy Totem.

@Panncakes
The explosions are very important for fast map clearing, unlike most other Inpulsa builds we actually scale them and can reach over 100% of the mob life as explosion damage, which often allows us to pop a single pack including any high life rares or bosses inside wit ha single skill use. So if you can, get a 10% one, atleast nothing below 8%.

Shock effect is stronger than increased damage up to a certain point. With our setup, shock acts as a straight up more (=multiplicative) multiplier to damage, and every 10% shock effect translate to 2% more damage until we reach 150% shock effect, which puts us at the maximum 50% shock damage increase. Increased damage modifiers on the other hand are additive and therefore have diminishing returns, but ultimately they can also make a difference for min-maxing. Just remember that "more" is usually stronger than "increased", depending on the values compared.

@Robbns
First thing you should do is get 2x Fragility jewels to gain Onslaught from Ahn's and replace Dream Fragments with an Essence Worm to run Wrath. Next upgrade should be a mana leech Watcher's Eye, this will allow you to switch the Hybrid Flask with a Wise Oak (might need resistance rebalancing to get lightning highest) and Mana Leech support to either Culling Strike or Blind.

Your flasks are also missing quality, since you should reroll them anyway just scour them, put 4 Glassblower Baubles on each (5% quality per on a white flask) and then try to roll for the prefix/suffix combinations listed. For example, you want to make sure to have 2 uses with Basalt, and long duration on your anti curse flask. I'd also recommend "..of Heat" on the Basalt or riskier, on Life Flask to counter chill and freeze.

If you have budget left afterwards, buy a Lv21 Arc for a substantial damage boost, and then save up for a 6L Inpulsa.

@Unista
Extra gem levels are always the best way to scale spells, as it's more base damage before any other multipliers, which means every multiplier gets more effective. In case of Arc we even gain another chain at Lv26, which is yet another 15% more multiplier.

This also kinda answers the enchantment question: Arc Chain is king, increased damage can't keep up with it. This is also significantly cheaper than a corrupted Inpulsa, so start with this.

@everyone: Thanks! I've collected lots of feedback and ideas so far to improve the guide even further. Unfortunately, i'm currently very limited with the 50k post limit and wouldn't want to put it all on pastebin, especially if it makes more sense to be in the appropriate section in this guide. I've requested a post limit increase to GGG, but so far haven't heard anything back from it other than that it's been forwarded, so let's cross fingers and hope it happens!
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Oct 11, 2018, 3:25:27 PM
What are your thoughts on using Kaom's Roots ?
For Deep Delving (400+)
IGN: ZeddAC
"
ClemsonPK wrote:
Also, not mad, but I have to say that to call this build beginner/SSF friendly, or to even mention all content is beyond misleading.

It's very friendly. It's just not exactly easy to get to the final version - It requires a bit of work. But, the build is easy-sauce to run as long as you stick to "The Plan" and don't deviate from it too much.

The ES on your belt is a waste, IMO. Get extended duration for flasks.

That's a nice stat neck, but if you can get something that's more damage oriented, it'd be better. (I know it's difficult to find the Dex.)

Get the Enchants, even if you have to run 'em yourself and buy the Prophesy. (Just keep the Prophesy gem in your Stash, since you can pick up a double-use Shrine along the way, sometimes. Pop the prophesy before the last fight if you didn't get the Shrine buff. I don't know why, but I had both going, planning on getting four, and I ended up with only getting three. /shrug)

Doryani's looks pretty cheap on PoE Trade atm. 35-50 Chaos. Don't try to farm it unless you're IN LOVE with friggin' Atziri... Sure, she's easy, but Doryani's is a pretty rare drop. (I can't recall the number of times I tried with no luck. Paid 2ex or so for mine on XBox, which is a friggin' steal on XBox before mid-league.)

Run Elder shaped Maps for a good ilevel Gloves to try to craft, if necessary. Same for Boots/Helm if you want that extra enchant.

Currency flows like water in Delve. For that matter, so do good crafting items. You can craft some amazing stuff, given the right mats. Delve lets you be able to sustain running higher level maps, too. Chaos/Alchs/Chisels/Maps, all to be found in the depths... And, some good drops, too. (PS - Tons of mobs and good exp once you get down a bit.)

Put some extra blue sockets in the staff and level up some additional Arcs to Vaal. You'll want a 21+ Arc rather than Vaal Arc if you can get it. The + gem quality on it and, IIRC, the Enlighten, will net you a little bit more gem experience, too.

PS - Edit/add: Take a look at Enki's Atlas guide. It's a pastebin. There are some good tips on getting gear while mapping, too.

Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 11, 2018, 11:28:26 PM
I just got a new skill effect for lightning warp, would this build be okay with the swap between lightning warp and shield charge? It seems that in most boss fights the fortify isn’t even doing anything?
"
Juleslop wrote:
I just got a new skill effect for lightning warp, would this build be okay with the swap between lightning warp and shield charge? It seems that in most boss fights the fortify isn’t even doing anything?

While I agree that, ideally, we should probably try to not get hit :) , Fortify is a very nice buff.

I've never used Lightning Warp, but it doesn't seem like a great skill to get us out of Harm's Way. There's a delay between activation and warp, right? Flame Dash works great for that, since it's instantaneous (The cast can be interrupted, though, I think). Combined with having the ability to proc a Fortify with Shield Rush, it's a nice combo. Shield Rushing through some adds during a tense fight does give us a few seconds of decent damage reduction. It's a staple Shield Rush combo for a good reason.
Which is better:

21/20 Arc
20/20 Vaal Arc

My understanding is that outside crazy Delve drops or lots of ex, you can't get both...
Hello
thank you again for this beautiful guide.It is thanks to you that I already kill the shaper and the elder.
This is my 3rd request on your opinion.
I think I'm pretty good, 327K of DPS, 5.6k of life and 2100 of mana (a bit weak)
I still want to find an enchantment for my helmet.
Can you give me your opinion on the last improvements to make.
Do you think that Wrath lvl21 is really necessary?

thank you
"
Drax6661 wrote:
Hello
thank you again for this beautiful guide.It is thanks to you that I already kill the shaper and the elder.
This is my 3rd request on your opinion.
I think I'm pretty good, 327K of DPS, 5.6k of life and 2100 of mana (a bit weak)
I still want to find an enchantment for my helmet.
Can you give me your opinion on the last improvements to make.
Do you think that Wrath lvl21 is really necessary?

thank you

If you check wiki you'll see that Wrath adds the same amount of bonus lightning damage to spells on levels 22-24. So it does not matter if you have lvl20 or lvl 21 Wrath(it will be lvl22 and lvl23 if used in Essence Worm).
Last edited by alex_disp on Oct 12, 2018, 7:45:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info