Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Thoughts on skipping the leech ascendancy altogether and the +1 golems and getting herald of thunder ascedancy for 25% extra pen? not having immunity to ele reflect sucks but the extra dmg from HoT and 25% penetration is huge
Last edited by sevenpeter on Sep 21, 2018, 5:46:15 PM
Could someone tell me how important is to have wise oak working on full potential? I've recently upgraded almost whole eq except ring, amulet and jewels. I was looking for some good ones on poe.trade but it's just impossible to get some good stats (those on budget like 1 ex) + exact resists (there are just not enough rings/amulets on market with stats I need).
So my question is, should I just go with highest lightning res for light penetrate boost and go for Ice or/and Fire lowest or maybe lose 1-2 stats on ring/amu to get exact resistances needed or maybe lose those 1-2 stats on jewells? Thanks
Any advice on my arc character?

Preferable what items to upgrade next.
Hello, Enki, what do you think about a setup like this: https://pastebin.com/7NgbjmUR

It is made up with my gear from bestiary (in standart league) with some items that i optimised in PoB (as i dont have anything similar)

I think that dodge setup is a cheaper option, a bit more vulnerable to oneshots but not by a lot, and a lot more durable against small hits.
Last edited by muramiri on Sep 22, 2018, 8:09:14 AM
i don't understand your hypothermia gem, you wrote:

"Hypothermia is another damage increase that's not represented in our tooltip. It gives a huge more multiplier against chilled enemies while also buffing the effect and duration of our chills.
To reliably make use of this, we need Beacon of Ruin and atleast 1 cold damage dealt with Arc, which we can gain through gear or jewels. Due to that, it's our 6th link choice."

but you need deal 0,33% enemy max life to apply chill (based on poe wiki).
IGN Pixelexer
"
pixelix wrote:
i don't understand your hypothermia gem, you wrote:

"Hypothermia is another damage increase that's not represented in our tooltip. It gives a huge more multiplier against chilled enemies while also buffing the effect and duration of our chills.
To reliably make use of this, we need Beacon of Ruin and atleast 1 cold damage dealt with Arc, which we can gain through gear or jewels. Due to that, it's our 6th link choice."

but you need deal 0,33% enemy max life to apply chill (based on poe wiki).

with the Beacon of Ruin https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Beacon_of_Ruin you can chill with 1 cold damage, so an abyss jewel with cold damage to spells makes hypothermia a great DMG boost
@thereaper25
Lv21 Arc, 20/20 support gems, boot enchant and more jewel sockets would be the easiest ways.

@Bodomi
That jewel looks alright. Something with life would be even better, but can't have it all sometimes. You can ignore the slight damage loss, getting the Hypothermia bonus all the time is a much bigger damage boost but it's not shown in the tooltip.

@sny83
Just checked this in PoB, wouldn't be worth it. A much better option would be the Lightning Walker passives, you'd gain similar damage and also some lightning resistance. Usable jewels aren't that hard to craft tho, just alt for shock effect + another good mod then regal, or could even use fossils if you farm up enough.

@Uragami
Added Lightning Damage, and only under the mentioned conditions.

@ThatGinjaLogan & sevenpeter

Mastermind of Discord is kind of a noob trap for single-element builds. It's just not worth giving up half of your Ascendancy points for only 25% penetration, and it's gated behind arguably one of the worst Ascendancy nodes of all classes, which doesn't even synergize well with this build. And on top comes that the Herald would reserve a good part of our mana pool, and with that directly reduces our survivability. It's just not worth it, the other nodes give way more for a more balanced setup. Mastermind is only worth it for a build that deals multiple elements and can use multiple Heralds.

@miden1
Flasks, then a Watcher's Eye and shaped or enchanted helmet.

@gachngoi69
I assume this means profile, just click on my name in any of the posts here.

@ckjh
Flasks are the most important upgrade. Also haven't checked if your resistances are capped with this gear.

@nzgrover
Nope sorry, this is my only guide currently.

@Path_Of_Bear
Yeah that would be overall better than a Catalyst, the added cold also opens up a jewel socket. Mastercraft depends on if you already reach 5 casts per second with Arcane Surge up or not.

@sonicReducer
Try replacing the Mana Flask, if it causes sustain issues in the long run then replace the Silver instead.

@Shaddolf
Nimbleness if you don't hit 5 casts per second with Arcane Surge up yet, otherwise check what jewels you could afford and compare that against Ele Focus + Coldhearted Calculation in PoB.

@GeF
You should be able to take her down fairly easy. Watch out for the spike rain at trio and all of Atziris spells, the rest shouldn't become much of an issue.

@MMrrTT
Yes it's those mods. Go for Hinder if you want another defensive layer, otherwise just damage mods or life. Check the second 3L setup again, the other 3 gems listed below that are not meant to be a seperate link.

@pkirill
The shaped sceptre should turn out as more damage, unless you need the cast speed. The Catalyst is a great roll tho, so just use whatever you like more.

@Mattyd_UK
In addition to what Nhmrath wrote, you can probably replace the gloves with either elder gloves with the attack & cast speed mod, or Insanity crafted gloves. The shaped amulet you've linked isn't very useful for this build, rest of gear looks good except for the few things mentioned.

@Jayburner
Iron Grip shouldn't give any damage at all, I guess you mean Iron Will. It appears to give more damage on first sight since Hypothermia doesn't affect tooltip DPS, and in PoB you need to check "Enemy is chilled" to see its effect on damage.

@Phantom_Renegade
You should read the "How to buy cheap gear" guide and try to apply what you learn in there while buying gear. Most of the basic rares won't cost you 1-2 chaos at most, everything beyond that is just stuff you can upgrade to later on. I recommend to start with rings and boots, get as much resistance on those as possible and then fill the rest through other slots.

@Degaldor
Start with getting Lightning Res the highest, go for the "triple balance" whenever you can afford. It takes some planning, mastercrafted resistances help a lot since they can be cheaply recrafted until you hit the exact number you need.

@Cheydinhal
Flasks + flask nodes, they are extremely important! Save up for a Watcher's Eye after that, or get a Mind of the Council if it's too expensive in HC.

@muramiri
Mana sustain will become an issue with that low unreserved pool and regeneration. The three heralds add about nothing to this build, and your overall DPS takes a huge hit. And the passive tree progression will be very bad, you will either end up still going for life clusters or missing any of the core DPS clusters at very high levels. Overall I wouldn't recommend it.

@pixelix
Beacon of Ruin applies atleast a 10% chill no matter how much Cold Damage relative to the enemy life you deal.

@everyone else: Thanks! Glad to see this build is working out so well for so many people. Also special thanks to everyone who took their time to answer questions while I don't have the time.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Sep 22, 2018, 12:24:02 PM
"
Mana sustain will become an issue with that low unreserved pool and regeneration. The three heralds add about nothing to this build, and your overall DPS takes a huge hit. And the passive tree progression will be very bad, you will either end up still going for life clusters or missing any of the core DPS clusters at very high levels. Overall I wouldn't recommend it.

Mana sustain with orb of storm, the progression is overall good (playd a similar build with blade vortex and one with detonate dead)

As reservation, i use wrath and herald of thunder.

But, let me edit the pob so there is no missleading content.

so, this is the actul setup (with lvling trees)

https://pastebin.com/PcZk28XK

about the pathing: i leveled a few casters with acrobatics and phase acrobatics (a blade vortex and a volatile dead) and the pathing is not bad, and not good, it is just okey.

As a fact, i did some tests with a 5L inpulsa and the rest of the gear similar to "basic gear" from your PoB, at lvl 87 on T11-13 rare maps with zana beyond mod. It felt smooth enough to give it a chance :D

As far as DPS goes, at lvl 85 you have all DPS clusters: "Heart of Thunder", "Breath of LIghtning", "Celestial Judgement / Punishment", 2 cast speed clusters, as well as Shadow trikery, elemental focus and coldhearted calculation. At lvl 95 you can have as much as 250k to 300k shaper dps (with shaper sceptre and dps jewelry) without Vaal RF and shock taken into account.

Sorry for the unclear first post.
I've been running this build since the beginning of the league and i love it. Definitely will continue upgrading it.

I do have a question regarding delves. Which would be the ideal upgrades or methods to improve the fossil darkness farming ? Specially at higher delves it gets tricky to run in the dark.

If it helps here's my setup.

Haven't been lucky finding amulets or another ring to exchange so i'm still on the look for those.
Thanks for the help!
Is a lvl21 vaal arc really better than a 21/20 normal arc? the vaal attack doesn't seem that useful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info