Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
ckooken wrote:
First wanted to say thank you for the awesome guide! Was doing amazing up until level 71 where I just insta died to a reflect rare monster. Pretty upset about that. How do you avoid this? Especially with something off screen.

You take a node from ascendancy, which reduce reflect dmg taken by 50%. On top of that, you leech from warlord mark + blasphemy, and you have your life flask.. of course if you resistances are below zero, than nothing can help you.
"
Matematikas wrote:
"
ckooken wrote:
First wanted to say thank you for the awesome guide! Was doing amazing up until level 71 where I just insta died to a reflect rare monster. Pretty upset about that. How do you avoid this? Especially with something off screen.

You take a node from ascendancy, which reduce reflect dmg taken by 50%. On top of that, you leech from warlord mark + blasphemy, and you have your life flask.. of course if you resistances are below zero, than nothing can help you.

And with Vessel of Vinktar (or a Topaz flask if you can't afford VoV).
@ckooken: Damn, that sucks! In addition to what the others wrote, you can also regulate your Arcs range by casting closer to your char. Hurts clearspeed a bit, but that way Arc won't chain offscreen that easily anymore.

@Tetrahom: Can't see anything wrong there. I'd wait with Uberlab until your Arc is Lv20, should be no problem then if you play safe and avoid super hard days.
twitch.tv/enki91
hello again guys, I'm playing a lightning arrow ranger build in breach, but I've made some recent improvements to my arc witch!
I'm posting my last updated gear here, anyway I'm going to sell it because I'll reset her passives to switch to a flameblast build which is more effective against atziri and the guardians (while arc was a great skill for leveling and clearing maps).

Since I'm using a rare 6-link armor, I'm following the advices of Sectiplave and switched cold penetration for increased critical damage, at level 19 without quality gave me almost 11k dps.

Spoiler

Flask setup

For single target, I have a little advice: I switch arc with storm call and empower with less duration, but swapping controlled destruction with concentrated effect gives a bit more dps and much more critical strike chance (if you're still using controlled destruction, I kept it because I didn't notice a dps improvement removing it.)

My unbuffed arc dps with golems is: 67.714 (without my inc. chance boots), while with cold penetration instead of inc. crit. damage was 56k.

my buffed dps with power charges up is: 85.252 (98.408 with pendulum)
with vessel and vaal haste it reaches over 123k dps

storm call unbuffed dps with golems is 24.208

life total is 4924

Now, I have a noob question: is mind over matter node really necessary? Every time I get hit by a high tier map boss, two hits leave me without mana and my witch can't reply to the attacks. I don't mean to facetank the bosses, but even repositioning and casting spells become hard, considering that the witch would have enough life and mana leech to sustain the fight. maybe I'm doing something wrong. (ps: The legacy surgeon's hallowed hybrid flask has been nerfed and we can't spam it to recharge our mana)
Last edited by Giammafix on Dec 10, 2016, 7:50:12 PM
Ugh. After almost 800 fuses, I finally 6L my Coil.
what u more prefered

arc chain + 3 vs damage 40%

not enough for 7 times ? 11 is too much. i thought how about your think?
@Giammafix: MoM is still the most effective way to gain some extra damage sustain in the upper part of the tree for us, but it's a very fair point that it's not so strong, even disadvantageous at lower gear.
I'm kind of the edge about it currently, but don't want to massively change the build during a season too much since it would confuse, or probably even piss off some players currently following this build.

@maykay: Grats!

@ingcha: Chain is definitely the best, especially with how packed some breaches can be. The 40% damage enchants usually give the least value for most skills since it's only a value similar to 2-3 small damage nodes.
twitch.tv/enki91
MoM can be a real pain if you have a low mana pool and/or low mana regeneration. Less than ~850 mana and you really start to feel the sting when you take damage.

The nerf to surgeon's flasks didn't help, either.
Last edited by maykay on Dec 12, 2016, 6:56:39 AM
I'm new to POE...Great guide!

When you swap to the Storm Call gem set for bosses, what are you sacrificing?

And do you do that as an "X" swap to the alt weapon set, or a manual swap to a new weapon?

Tried to search through the thread but tough with so many pages. The guide is written like we use two golems, but I can't seem to cast two at once.

It doesn't look like we grab a passive/unique to allow multiple golems. So I'm assuming we just use one? Anyone have recommendations for ice/lightning in different situations? Thanks!

Edit: NVM - I figured it out. Didn't realize the "Liege of the Primordial" ascendancy skill gives +1 golem.
Last edited by msupr on Dec 12, 2016, 10:21:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info