Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hello. Thank you for posting this guide. I'm new to the witch class and was curious about gear. Do I want armor, evasion, energy shield, or a combination of some?

Kindest regards.
"
Garrule wrote:
Hello. Thank you for posting this guide. I'm new to the witch class and was curious about gear. Do I want armor, evasion, energy shield, or a combination of some?

Kindest regards.

I think your first point its a life. ES and evasion doesnt matter at all.
"
evantas1a wrote:
"
Garrule wrote:

Kindest regards.

I think your first point its a life. ES and evasion doesnt matter at all.

Thank you - I was talking about armour while I"m leveling. Just go for life and resists and don't worry about anything else until later?
Couple of things I'd like to add that might help make life a little bit easier for Arcers early on.

One weapon that helps quite a bit is

It can take you from late Normal all the way to low level maps. Gives you some leeway on gearing too since you have a free choice of chest armour. Obviously, it only apllies if you have Call of the Brotherhood already.

Another thing is Ascendancy order. Personally I find it more convenient to get Liege first - helps with the damage and it's not like there is a big problem with reflect in Cruel. I would also suggest taking Shaper of Isolation in Mercy lab since Pendulum is not very helpful in and of itself - the main goal of this branch is really Mastermind of Discord. Meanwhile Shaper node helps you get through those T1-T6 maps (and has a nice synergy with Call of the Brotherhood too). You can simply respec out of it when you've done Uber lab with the free respec points you get while leveling.

Anyway, those are my two cents. Thanks for the great guide, waiting for an updated version!
@Sectiplave: Good point about enchantments, i'll put a bigger emphasis on them with the update.

@Garrule: Yeah, all you should matter about while leveling is having your resistances capped and enough life to survive.

@ToriVega: Good point. I'd like to avoid any respeccing, it has created quite some confusion in the past, but putting Liege first is a good idea.

Testing in Standard is going very well, facetanked the majority of all bosses up to T14s with ease.
Couldn't test any T15+ yet due to lack of maps, but i can see atleast Kaom, Malachai, Hydra and Phoenix being fairly easy for this build.

The new version definitely feels stronger, thanks to whoever suggested Blasphemy Enfeeble and Mastermind of Discord (sorry i forgot who it was).
If you wanna have a sneak peak about what's to come, my character tab is public.
But please keep in mind that this isn't the final version yet, things are still subject to change.
twitch.tv/enki91
@Enki - Nice it looks good! It was me who tested the dual curse Enfeeble, glad it's working out :) I cannot remember who suggested the mastermind of discord thought.

Interesting to see controlled destruction has been ditched for added lightning damage, what is the dps / crit change like? I'd imagine it'd be a slight tooltip drop but you'd be upper 80's crit chance?
Last edited by Sectiplave on Oct 28, 2016, 4:07:05 PM
Hi

Just wondering why we wouldn't use Wild Strike to proc MoD. This would be a one cast to proc all pens, no Flame Dash needed for fire and Frost Bomb only needed for DPS against the boss which I think it is for.

Kang
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Sectiplave: Good point about enchantments, i'll put a bigger emphasis on them with the update.

@Garrule: Yeah, all you should matter about while leveling is having your resistances capped and enough life to survive.

@ToriVega: Good point. I'd like to avoid any respeccing, it has created quite some confusion in the past, but putting Liege first is a good idea.

Testing in Standard is going very well, facetanked the majority of all bosses up to T14s with ease.
Couldn't test any T15+ yet due to lack of maps, but i can see atleast Kaom, Malachai, Hydra and Phoenix being fairly easy for this build.

The new version definitely feels stronger, thanks to whoever suggested Blasphemy Enfeeble and Mastermind of Discord (sorry i forgot who it was).
If you wanna have a sneak peak about what's to come, my character tab is public.
But please keep in mind that this isn't the final version yet, things are still subject to change.

hey Enki, I know that your skill tree isn't final, but I have a couple of questions:

1)I see that you have removed the vaal pact from the passive tree. But if we don't have the elemental weakness enchantment, or the instant leech flask or things like that, should we keep the vaal pact?

2) I tried to switch to the dual curse setup, using Blasphemy with both Enfeeble and Warlord's mark: but under the spell icons, it says to me "[not enough mana]". Is that normal? (I'm noob)

3) Why did you remove the Storm Weaver passive?

Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 28, 2016, 4:40:37 PM
@giammafix; absolutely do not drop Vaal Pact. The only way Emki has done it is via Atziri's Acuity (these cost12ex+ so are an absolute end game upgrade) and with Vinktars flask. The gloves give instant leech on crit, which is probably why he has dropped controlled destruction gem also so he can reach likely 90%+ crit chance. I'd not follow his current setup as it'll be tuned for expensive items currently. Wait for the next update as that'll explain how to work your way upto that point and when to swap.

@enki; Speaking of Atziri's gloves, I feel like they are the only way to get real value from Mind over Matter in later tier maps. You have 62% of your mana pool reserved even with Lv.3 enlighten, when going toe to toe with bosses I am finding that it barely recovers past casting mana meaning it's giving almost no mitigation on the tough fights.

Pity the gloves are expensive as those + enfeeble + lightning coil would lead to massive damage mitigation with instant mana leech causing your mana to truely act like extra life.

@Kang, does wildstrike work with wands? I might test that out.
Last edited by Sectiplave on Oct 28, 2016, 6:12:08 PM
@Sectiplave: Thanks man! ALD vs CD is something i'm still unsure about. Bought a 21/20 ALD earlier but the boost wasn't as big as expected.
Currently its 112k dps + 82% cc with ALD vs 126k dps + 75% cc with CD, hard to tell for me which setup is better, both feel pretty equal during mapping.

I've actually tried a few trees without MoM, but all of them felt inferior to this current setup.
Gotta have to try some maps without Acuity tho, to see how stable it is in higher maps.

@Kanguranan: I've actually used Ele Hit in the beginning, it has all three elemental tags aswell and works will all weapon types this build can use, but ultimately it didn't feel right.
While Flame Dash + Frost Bomb requires two buttons instead of one, it's two skills that we actually benefit from during bossfights, where we need the damage boost.
What i currently do is drop Orb of Storms from distance, Frost Bomb + Decoy Totem, Flame Dash into direction of the boss to trigger him and then burst down, works pretty well so far.

@Giammafix: As Sectiplave already mentioned, i don't have VP specced due to my gloves, the regular version of this build will still path down and grab the node.

Do you have Arctic Armour still running with the dual curses? That would explain the mana issue.
Dropped Storm Weaver because i wanna put a bigger emphasis on jewel sockets, they can offer similar DPS increased but also life on top, which we badly need.

Wish i could record some of these bossfights, it looks really good so far.
Just did a twinned Abyss, was able to facetank through bosses and kill them pretty fast with Arc.

Daresso will be next.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Oct 28, 2016, 7:05:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info