Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

How big of a damage difference is it using facebreakers with Elemental Weakness on Hit vs Maligaro's gloves??

/edit Also..If using facebreakers with Elemental Weakness say for example @ lvl 11 (-30%) + passive point in Whispers of Doom does that mean the enemy takes (-60% Reduced Elemental Resistance)???!
Last edited by CONV0Y on Oct 25, 2016, 1:52:33 AM
@wimpy_tuna: Good to see you found a setup that you enjoy. The three extra points in your passive tree you're confused about are from bandits - the skilltree takes the possibility into account that you get an extra skillpoint per difficulty by killing them all.

@Sectiplave: Thanks for your tests, pretty similar to my conclusion about Void Battery back when i had two. What i'm going to test within the next days is spell damage % vs flat lightning dmg to spells, i have the feeling that with the recently buffed wand implicits, the latter gained some ground.

@xIronMaiden: In addition to what Sectiplave wrote, the gem setup is for all classes, any class specific changes are mentioned in the respective setup description. But again, i will reduce this guide to Witch-only with the next patch to optimize the setup better and make things less confusing.

Void Battery is a unique endgame wand with a focus on power charges, just like the Assassin subclass, so it makes sense to use both together.

@CONV0Y: If you get through the curse effect nodes to Whispers of Doom, it would be a 30*(1+0.1) = 33% resistance reduction, but keep in mind that Act/Map bosses have a 60% less curse effect modifier.
It is a noticeable damage increase - unless you're already oneshotting packs anyway.

I would currently not recommend to invest into those gloves, as i'm going to change the build to a dual Blasphemy setup next patch, so you would need some serious investment to run the third.

Going to update the thread with some pointers where this build will go in 2.4.2.

Currently trying to get the right enchantments on my gear in Standard, then going to work on the map boss list. My time is a bit limited so it may take a few days, but it should be up before 2.4.2.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thanks guys,do you already know when 2.4.2 goes live?
@Enki91 Thanks for info and It looks like those gloves are expensive on PoE trade anyways.. Will Lightning Coil be in your next build?? So we know whether to invest in that or not? Thanks
@xIronMaiden: No fixed date yet, should be few weeks still.

@CONV0Y: Yeah, Coil will stay.
twitch.tv/enki91
hehe. i've gone far away from the build that helped me grow up.

kinda sad i took the +40 hp from oak and not an extra passive point since i flew all the way to CI, but hey, it is what it is haha.

after going full ES and trading away all my non ES gear, i must say it does not make sense to play a health build in the current game.

https://www.twitch.tv/lamebwah/v/97177678

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQVCDXwN0REPES8RUBXXGyUbyB0UIG4i9ClPKgsqOCsKLJwsvzW5PAU9X0GWRlJGcUlRSbFLrkyzUDBQQlJTUzVWY1xrXfJfal-wY0NknWZUZp5remu3bAttGW-ecFJ_xoKbgwmESITFhXuFfYauidOMNox2jmSPRo_6kyeXlZf0mjuboZu1njyf36EvpyusmK6ztAy2-rcxvorAZsHFwzrDbci_ykrK08_d0B_Q0ND11AfVptfP2VvbXtyN34rjhOQi6QLquuv17BjsOO0873zviO_r8NXxivId96b31_k3-tL8TA==

Storm call too stronk
Last edited by wimpy_tuna on Oct 25, 2016, 11:34:15 PM
Hello, Enki, ty for your job. Please look at my equipment, i need your advices about my next investments.

I have some problems with solo bosses, where my energy charges accumulate to slow, i did smthg wrong?
ps sorry for my english
Last edited by evantas1a on Oct 26, 2016, 9:32:32 AM
@wimpy; Yup ES based is hands down the optimal choice currently, Chris Wilson has talked about giving life based a buff but not yet. Also don't completely write off life based builds, Juggernauts HP regen is insane (1400+ per second). It can also be optimal to go Shavronne's instead of CI, but still ES based, and then you can add extra auras, Pain Attunement node, still build a large ES pool and gaining another 2 auras as well as 30% more damage.

This is the path I would go with the Arc build personally, running dual curse with Wrath and Herald of storm as well as pain attunement, I think this is the only way I'd see 200K tooltip Arc... damn now I want to test this :D

Also you'll want to look at something that gives you stun immunity / stun based on ES as I couldn't see anything like that in your setup, being stunned is being dead on Abyss boss or guardians.

@Evantas1a; #1 change I can see in your setup, is look for an Arc chains +2/+3 times enchant on your helmet, this is under-rated in this guide for how much it boosts Arc clear speed. I did testing between +30%Arc damage and +3 Arc chains, and for clearing maps there was no comparison, I was running full clear maps 30+ seconds faster with +chains.

Only other change, would be change Coral ring for a Diamond Ring with lightning damage+crit multi+HP, I'm still hunting on Essence for something like this but they are rare.

I'm also running dual Voids, it is very important not to let them expire, otherwise you drop about 60% tooltip DPS. My biggest change that helped me have 100% uptime on maps was obviously spamming lightning warp, if you know your Arc is going to kill the group don't wait around pre-cast lightning warp, and secondly on my Orb of storms supports; Power on crit > Culling Strike > Increased area of effect. The increased area on orb makes it catch groups easier and you'll run maps without charges expiring unless it's a stupid catacomb map :D
Last edited by Sectiplave on Oct 26, 2016, 5:34:22 PM
I have another lil question to the "Gem Quality Importance Order" section.
"Arc, Immortal Call, Cast when Damage taken, Empower and Enlighten don't need quality at all"
But its not bad when Arc for example has 20% quality to it or is it? It should be a nice damage up or?
"
xIronMaiden wrote:
I have another lil question to the "Gem Quality Importance Order" section.
"Arc, Immortal Call, Cast when Damage taken, Empower and Enlighten don't need quality at all"
But its not bad when Arc for example has 20% quality to it or is it? It should be a nice damage up or?

20% quality on Arc gives 5% chance to shock, it's kinda invalid when you've got a 75+% crit rate as critical hits apply shock automatically, and they apply it for MUCH longer than a regular hit as status debuff length is based on the damage of the hit that applied it.

I would also skip it as I had to Vaal 9 Arc's before I finally got a Lv.21 version, you would waste too much money on GCP's for a useless buff when the damage difference between Lv.20 and Lv.21 is actually very large.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info