Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Enki91 wrote:
"
poprazzz wrote:
"
EightyFourGO wrote:

2.) Why use shild and Block now? More survivabilty and less damage seems to be the main goal of enkies changes: Whithin the nerfs from trigger a socketed spell (8 sec cooldown) and wave of con Expo nerf the is some damage loss.
Will we be able to do enough boss damage still?

I'm an absolute noob but I was extremely surprised by the changes, I thought our survivability will take a hit because the nerfs and he will try to circumvent the dmg loss and the inconvenience of trigger a socketed spell nerfs, yet we get more survivability and way less dmg. in 3.13 on pob the perfect minmaxedend endgame version can give you 5.45mil total dps, 3.14 only 2.41mil, that's a %55 potential dmg loss. :(

if not for Enki and his perfect written guide, Id never touched this game. without exaggeration, I read near 100 guides and either they overcomplicate it or you don't understand what's going on from the lack of information. saying thank you cannot express how much I appreciate this guide, wish Im not poor to give back to you. eh.

No idea where you get those numbers from. The example gear in my PoB setup is far from minmaxed, and if you set everything up properly as explained in Notes you already get to around 10m burst / 7m sustained Sirus DPS.

"
EightyFourGO wrote:
Hi @ all,

I have a few Questions about that 3.14 Changes here:

1.) Why dropped vitality aura? Sure, its nerfed a bit, but the lifereg was very useful, isnt it? - for delving it was very good. Who will use it anyway?

2.) Why use shild and Block now? More survivabilty and less damage seems to be the main goal of enkies changes: Whithin the nerfs from trigger a socketed spell (8 sec cooldown) and wave of con Expo nerf the is some damage loss.
Will we be able to do enough boss damage still?

We're pretty tight on gem sockets, and with buffed Stone Golem and Agnostic already providing lots of life regen, the nerfed Vitality was one of the first things to drop. If you however get Corrosive Elements on a large cluster and Conductivity/Ele Weakness on a ring, you can free up some sockets for it.

People were asking for more survivability, i've tried many setups and the Glancing Blows + Sap Shield + Mana Recovered on Block is the best compromise for us.

Damage is still fine, we lost burst damage but not much sustained damage, which is what matters in longer bossfights.

"
cpaz167 wrote:
Thanks for the update Enki! So do you suggest leveling with 2 wands/weapons rather than a wand and shield? I know endgame is the latter but I looked through the updates and still see the section about upgrading wand(s).

Thanks!

No point really to wear a shield before speccing any shield nodes, unless you find one that's better than any weapon you have/can craft.

thx a lot for your detailed answer! And also thanks a lot for your guide here. I use it every league. I have not much time playing poe, so when league is nearly over, I am mostly fine with your build. Wanted to try a good leaguestart tonight, but, ehmm, something went terribly wrong at GGGs Servers... -_-
---
Enkies Arc Witch since 3.07
Sorry for the newB question, but why use "Master of Fear" (unnerve)? 10% inc spell damage doesn't seem too much. Or does it have the same effect as a 10% more modifier?
3.13 question..

I'm playing on Xbox so still on ritual league for a couple more days.. I want to push my build as much as I can during those days... Currently stuck on my 11th watchstone... Any tips? What can I upgrade? Skills, passive?

Thanks in advance
I'm gonna update my character according to the changes but I'm wondering why get rid of vitality?
"
MC_Grinda wrote:
Sorry for the newB question, but why use "Master of Fear" (unnerve)? 10% inc spell damage doesn't seem too much. Or does it have the same effect as a 10% more modifier?

Everything that has MORE in it is far more superiour to "increased". Thats why Vaal RF, pain attument and unnerve are very strong effects. If you can stack them up you can double or even in some cases triple your total damage output

Increased is only stacking on your base value ( if your spell deals 100 dmg 100% increase is 200 damage , 200% increase is 300 damage etc ) while if you have 100% more damage it would be 200 damage and then 400 damage with 200% more spell damage. And the best thing is that MORE is applied last.

So if you have 300 damage from 200% increased damage and get 200% MORE damage that would be 1200 damage total ( calculations are a bit off , but i hope you get the point would be even more than 1200 ). Unnerve would give us in that case a damage boost from 300 to 330 thats why it is so strong
Last edited by Cosmonaut111 on Apr 17, 2021, 6:26:44 PM
"
EightyFourGO wrote:
"
honor4few92 wrote:
do we use vaal arc in 3.14 since it got bufed ?

No, because Vaal Arc dont uses Mana, its using souls. And so you dont get any Damage from Arcmage support and with EO we dont shock. So, no.

I'm mainly wondering is there a downside to having a Vaal arc over a normal one?
There's still the lucky buff it provides.
This is the first time Enki mentioned explicitly not using it.

@MC_Grinda A shorter answer: Yes it's effectively a more multiplier, because it affects the enemy and therefore doesn't get calculated on our damage, but rather on what they take.
Only at level 71 and just started mapping but so far the build feels good. Didn't buy any gear and went through acts without the full compliment of gems and it still worked. The added defensive layers feel good.

I might give a try to a Rumi's instead of a Jade and no Glancing Blows later to see how that feels.

This is another solid beginner build and should take anyone into maps if they take the time to follow it.
Hey, I have a question. I have a problem with lack of dps while levelling. I use 4l arc with unleash, controlled destro and archmage but I lack dps to do league content.

Are they simply out of tune or am I doing something wrong? I invest all my points in life, mana and just a tiny bit of spell crit, as per pob

I struggle immensely and I don't understand what am I doing wrong.
Nothing here
"
trolldemort wrote:
Hey, I have a question. I have a problem with lack of dps while levelling. I use 4l arc with unleash, controlled destro and archmage but I lack dps to do league content.

Are they simply out of tune or am I doing something wrong? I invest all my points in life, mana and just a tiny bit of spell crit, as per pob

I struggle immensely and I don't understand what am I doing wrong.

League content is hard, there is so many mobs that overwhelm you in a small area and you can almost never stand still to cast

I struggle a lot with it in low tier maps as well
Last edited by Hjelpen93 on Apr 18, 2021, 11:33:37 AM
A trivial question:

Just thought I'd give this league a go after a long layoff.

Is this still a "witch" build, ie choosing starting character Witch.

I was reading the levelling & was seeing ascendancies I'm not used to - I thought this was based on a Nec accendancy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info