Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
EightyFourGO wrote:
Hi @ all,

I have a few Questions about that 3.14 Changes here:

1.) Why dropped vitality aura? Sure, its nerfed a bit, but the lifereg was very useful, isnt it? - for delving it was very good. Who will use it anyway?

I did love vitality, especially for the trials and lab.
"
EightyFourGO wrote:
"
AndyKrK wrote:
I'm a new player and started the game with build 3.13
I play an PS5 - standartd league. Can I see the old version 3.13 somewhere?
I'm in act 4 now and don't know what to do, play from the beginning?

You can still use the level section. The Quests dont change, when you're playing first time poe. The gems changed a little bit, but not tooo much. Mainly the arc setup dont changed, so you can use this guide aswell. Maybe try a shild and remove the dualwilding skills.

Thank you for your help. I saw that I would have to rebuild the passive tree a bit. (Now I'm lvl 43)
This is an expensive operation?

Enki's bulid is very good for a new player, I learned a lot from him.
I would like to stay with him, because I have not seen any other place where everything is written out step by step.

I think, meybe I will should start again next week - in a new league.
I am currently learning and I have seen that a lot of people recommend the standart league to start.
"
RajivAiyar wrote:
"
Any way i can just back to view 3.13 still?
using it on standard.

you could use the wayback machine and see if it has any snapshots of 3.13 version

what is it what are you writing about?
"
RajivAiyar wrote:
"
Any way i can just back to view 3.13 still?
using it on standard.

you could use the wayback machine and see if it has any snapshots of 3.13 version

i checked that it only has snapshots of 3.12 and the spoilers dont work so cant expend the gear sections etc.
"
EightyFourGO wrote:

2.) Why use shild and Block now? More survivabilty and less damage seems to be the main goal of enkies changes: Whithin the nerfs from trigger a socketed spell (8 sec cooldown) and wave of con Expo nerf the is some damage loss.
Will we be able to do enough boss damage still?

I'm an absolute noob but I was extremely surprised by the changes, I thought our survivability will take a hit because the nerfs and he will try to circumvent the dmg loss and the inconvenience of trigger a socketed spell nerfs, yet we get more survivability and way less dmg. in 3.13 on pob the perfect minmaxedend endgame version can give you 5.45mil total dps, 3.14 only 2.41mil, that's a %55 potential dmg loss. :(

if not for Enki and his perfect written guide, Id never touched this game. without exaggeration, I read near 100 guides and either they overcomplicate it or you don't understand what's going on from the lack of information. saying thank you cannot express how much I appreciate this guide, wish Im not poor to give back to you. eh.
"
poprazzz wrote:
"
EightyFourGO wrote:

2.) Why use shild and Block now? More survivabilty and less damage seems to be the main goal of enkies changes: Whithin the nerfs from trigger a socketed spell (8 sec cooldown) and wave of con Expo nerf the is some damage loss.

I'm an absolute noob but I was extremely surprised by the changes, I thought our survivability will take a hit because the nerfs and he will try to circumvent the dmg loss and the inconvenience of trigger a socketed spell nerfs, yet we get more survivability and way less dmg. in 3.13 on pob the perfect minmaxedend endgame version can give you 5.45mil total dps, 3.14 only 2.41mil, that's a %55 potential dmg loss. :(

if not for Enki and his perfect written guide, Id never touched this game. without exaggeration, I read near 100 guides and either they overcomplicate it or you don't understand what's going on from the lack of information. saying thank you cannot express how much I appreciate this guide, wish Im not poor to give back to you. eh.

Nobody says you have to follow his guide 100%, you are free to do your own adjustments, or just look at poe.ninja you will see like 20 different version of archmage arc elementalist

best option is alwasy to try and learn from a guide, learn the basics of how it scales damage and surviablity and then you can try making your own adjustments depending on if you want more damage or survival.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Elementalist&skill=Arc

here is a snapshot of the ending of Ritual league Elementalists playing with Arc for example
Last edited by Hjelpen93 on Apr 16, 2021, 12:41:32 PM
"
poprazzz wrote:
"
EightyFourGO wrote:

No idea where you get those numbers from. The example gear in my PoB setup is far from minmaxed, and if you set everything up properly as explained in Notes you already get to around 10m burst / 7m sustained Sirus DPS.

"
EightyFourGO wrote:
Hi @ all,

I have a few Questions about that 3.14 Changes here:

1.) Why dropped vitality aura? Sure, its nerfed a bit, but the lifereg was very useful, isnt it? - for delving it was very good. Who will use it anyway?

We're pretty tight on gem sockets, and with buffed Stone Golem and Agnostic already providing lots of life regen, the nerfed Vitality was one of the first things to drop. If you however get Corrosive Elements on a large cluster and Conductivity/Ele Weakness on a ring, you can free up some sockets for it.

People were asking for more survivability, i've tried many setups and the Glancing Blows + Sap Shield + Mana Recovered on Block is the best compromise for us.

Damage is still fine, we lost burst damage but not much sustained damage, which is what matters in longer bossfights.

"
cpaz167 wrote:
Thanks for the update Enki! So do you suggest leveling with 2 wands/weapons rather than a wand and shield? I know endgame is the latter but I looked through the updates and still see the section about upgrading wand(s).

Thanks!

No point really to wear a shield before speccing any shield nodes, unless you find one that's better than any weapon you have/can craft.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thank you for keeping this guide up to date!
do we use vaal arc in 3.14 since it got bufed ?
"
honor4few92 wrote:
do we use vaal arc in 3.14 since it got bufed ?

No, because Vaal Arc dont uses Mana, its using souls. And so you dont get any Damage from Arcmage support and with EO we dont shock. So, no.
---
Enkies Arc Witch since 3.07

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info