Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation. I have adjusted my build now.

Can i ask you question? at the end of it Enki explain that the arc will link to 5 support gems (arhmage, spell echo, lightning penetration, elemental focus and controlled destruction) . my question is, how do you link arc to 5 support as the wand can hold maximum 3 sockets only?

Thanks[/quote]

You dont need to have Arc on a Wand (or any weapon) - can be linked on chestpiece.

Gems are not specific to weapons/armour etc. Having your main damage dealing set-up is usually done on the chest-piece as this is the easiest to get 6L items for
"
Rinatine wrote:
New to the game here. This build worked really well to get me to mapping. Great guide, very educational. But I feel like I'm stalling out in terms of survivability. I don't think it's the build, I think it's some game mechanic I don't understand yet. Like, maybe I've missed some key game mechanic, or paasive, or equipment mod that smoothes things out. Was hoping someone could take a look at my build and offer comments.

From T3 on, it seems there are some map bosses already where I'm struggling to avoid death. As for conquerors, I killed Baran easily, but Al Hezmin was a deathtrap, even at the very first encounter. Just spam-died pretty much. Was like the poison would kill me before I could consume a flask.

Some stats: Lvl 85, life is around 3.7k, mana is slightly over 4k, resists are almost capped (cold is the holdout, at 72), with chaos at 0%. Flasks match the recommendations. Have gear that looks close to the guidelines though not high-end by any means, and mana sustain doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment.

I guess I'm trying to figure out where to go from here. I'm fine with a T4/T5 grind as long as I know what I'm pursuing to get to the next level.

I would follow all the advice you've already gotten here. I'm just chiming in to say that 4k mana is nowhere near enough for this build, in terms of both survivability and damage and that alone would cause you the difficulties you're having. Your goal is 10k, but at level 85, you should be able to scrape together at least 7k, even without much currency. So in the 4-5 days of league we have left, that's your best general focus.
"
"
Rinatine wrote:

I guess I'm trying to figure out where to go from here. I'm fine with a T4/T5 grind as long as I know what I'm pursuing to get to the next level.

I would follow all the advice you've already gotten here. I'm just chiming in to say that 4k mana is nowhere near enough for this build, in terms of both survivability and damage and that alone would cause you the difficulties you're having. Your goal is 10k, but at level 85, you should be able to scrape together at least 7k, even without much currency. So in the 4-5 days of league we have left, that's your best general focus.

Yes, the advice has been helpful. Purchasing options are hit-or-miss on the PS4, but I'm keeping my eye out for improvements. I'm still getting used to how big a swing in stats I may get from what looks like a small mana gain on an item. Enki's "what to upgrade next" is making more sense all the time.

Since the original post, I've been fortunate enough to pick up a Cloak of Defiance (only 5L so far), switched out Mind Over Matter for Agnostic, maxed out the remaining 3% of cold, and captured the Shakari pantheon improvement for reduced poison impact. That still only has me at 5.1k mana so far, but I'm over the next hump and working through watchstones.

I think Agnostic may have been the biggest impact for toughness. I think that's the only thing I've done ahead of the level 90+ passive trees.
Hi,

I've loosely followed this build with a few differences, such as pledge and a couple of other things.. It clears most things no problem but i'm having some trouble with the 100% T16 delirious maps, especially where there's a boss involved.. Also my mana is 8.5k using the pledge instead of my preferred staff and my headhunter and I'm still struggling. Can someone please check my build and see what I'm doing wrong?

I have a lot of items I can switch around to make things work so let me know.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Aristotle_1/characters

Cheers.
"
LexWoofWoof wrote:
Can i ask you question? at the end of it Enki explain that the arc will link to 5 support gems (arhmage, spell echo, lightning penetration, elemental focus and controlled destruction) . my question is, how do you link arc to 5 support as the wand can hold maximum 3 sockets only?

Obviously, you would move your Arc and linked support gems to an armor with 5 linked sockets.
Last edited by Zarggg on Apr 8, 2021, 4:43:47 PM
Instead of using Righteous Fire, I decided to add a Second Wind support to the Sigil of Power and now I can cast two. Do they overlap and stack on top each other?
"
Instead of using Righteous Fire, I decided to add a Second Wind support to the Sigil of Power and now I can cast two. Do they overlap and stack on top each other?

I mean... It's literally stated on the skill gem how that works. (Or rather doesn't)
Why not have quality on Arcane Surge? Is it bad? My Arcane Surge gem happened to have quality on it already. Do I need one without?
"
Rinatine wrote:
Why not have quality on Arcane Surge? Is it bad? My Arcane Surge gem happened to have quality on it already. Do I need one without?

at 20% you get 10% extra damage - I can't see why you wouldn't. I run this on my version of this from 3.11
"
Ulvheart wrote:
"
Rinatine wrote:

at 20% you get 10% extra damage - I can't see why you wouldn't. I run this on my version of this from 3.11

That was my thought but I figure there's a lot about this game I don't know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info