Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
finally made it to the epilogue after several days, having trouble staying alive however.

trying to get elemancer but i die pretty quickly to trash mobs or to the bosses themselves.

could it be i'm lacking the resistances? i know for a fact i am. and maybe having the right flasks.

i'm new to the game as well, but having a lot of fun

You need to work on your gear, the uniques you have are not helping. You need mana and resistances. Cap fire, cold, and lightning but don't worry about chaos. Use a flask setup like mine. Read the flask section, you can easily beast craft for three of them, the other two are just RNG alt spamming. Be sure to scour and quality them before crafting. Also make sure the item level is the highest you have access to, I can't recall if there is item level restrictions on flask affixes but there could be. I still have to roll mine with divines to get the better percentages but the affixes on them are what you want.
"
Vulgaire wrote:

Playing SSF, i'm getting to 14's with not so much trouble, but dps is pretty low for bosses. Anyone has tips or suggestions?

You need mana on every gear piece, try to farm atziri#s foible, do the gem setup with conductivity until you get the trigger craft unlocked, need the cloack of defiance as well for end game bosses ,in a word you need a lot of mana stacking and mana regen
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
"
finally made it to the epilogue after several days, having trouble staying alive however.

trying to get elemancer but i die pretty quickly to trash mobs or to the bosses themselves.

could it be i'm lacking the resistances? i know for a fact i am. and maybe having the right flasks.

i'm new to the game as well, but having a lot of fun

You need to work on your gear, the uniques you have are not helping. You need mana and resistances. Cap fire, cold, and lightning but don't worry about chaos. Use a flask setup like mine. Read the flask section, you can easily beast craft for three of them, the other two are just RNG alt spamming. Be sure to scour and quality them before crafting. Also make sure the item level is the highest you have access to, I can't recall if there is item level restrictions on flask affixes but there could be. I still have to roll mine with divines to get the better percentages but the affixes on them are what you want.

thanks, makes sense! thanks a lot!
Any tips on where to go next on the upgrade path? I also haven't managed to find any large/small/medium jewels that I liked.

Last edited by RegulusX on Jan 25, 2021, 4:25:04 PM
"
Mowad wrote:
"
wyvernfist wrote:
"
Mowad wrote:

I also have almost 1.5k mana regen and also struggled with mana like you. The answer to my problems was Atziri Paua Amulet (cant remember the exact name) with allocated mind drinker (important): it means that as long as you attack u will never run out of mana. O mana problems since then and if u happen to be low just spam flask mana flask since it recharges so quickly with our attack speed. I think this and CoD are the two most important pieces of this build.

Arc is a spell, not an attack, so the Mana leech on Kind Drinker doesn't apply for us.

But it DOES apply. At least try it before saying it doesn't.

Two portions of Mind Drinker apply, 18% increased mana and recover 2% of mana on kill. The mana leach portion does not apply, our arc witches do not do attack damage. If you disagree I can prove it to you - we can run physical reflect maps and not die.
"
RegulusX wrote:
Any tips on where to go next on the upgrade path? I also haven't managed to find any large/small/medium jewels that I liked.

I would swap the Pledge of Hands and get two wands. Put the arc setup on the Cloak of Defiance - I see you are using Crackling Lance but I personally don't think that can just be swapped out for Arc and have the build be optimal. If you are keeping things as they are make sure the spell echo gem is actually working correctly and not being nullified by the PoH greater spell echo. I don't know much about Crackling Lance but perhaps there is a good build for it that could indicate what the ideal 6L setup for it is.
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
"
hovereels wrote:
Is 5L cloak better than 6L other armor? Level 80, doing early maps. I just put a few hundred fusing into a cloak but no luck on 6L. But I do have the harvest craft for 5L I could go back to thanks to a tip earlier in this thread.

Is Controlled Destruction the gem to drop if I go to 5L? Currently still using a Tabula so the extra mana from Cloak would be nice

5L cloak would be much better. I would wait until you have 150+ fusings, maybe even more, or another 5L craft before making the attempt. In the past I have used as many as 2,000 fusings to get a 6L. Also, get it to 26 or 28% quality via intervention if you can to make linking more likely.

I dropped Controlled Destruction from mine while I wait for a 6L. I have not gone to POB to see if that's the right one to leave off though so there might be a better option.

Thanks for the tips. I ran about 400 fusing today. I'll likely craft to 5L and wait until I save up more fusings and have another 5L craft before trying again.

Where should I go next?

Not sure how to craft tailwind boots now without the crit tag :( Do i just pray to the gods?
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
"
RegulusX wrote:

I would swap the Pledge of Hands and get two wands. Put the arc setup on the Cloak of Defiance - I see you are using Crackling Lance but I personally don't think that can just be swapped out for Arc and have the build be optimal. If you are keeping things as they are make sure the spell echo gem is actually working correctly and not being nullified by the PoH greater spell echo. I don't know much about Crackling Lance but perhaps there is a good build for it that could indicate what the ideal 6L setup for it is.

Could two wands really make up for the loss in such good stats?

The spell echo gem is working right. I can count the number of casts. The one from PoH (Greater spell echo) doesn't give a cast speed bonus, so I use the original.
Last edited by RegulusX on Jan 25, 2021, 6:11:23 PM
"
RegulusX wrote:

Could two wands really make up for the loss in such good stats? I use Arc, and I actually do switch out just for fun sometimes. Gets boring spamming the same skill.

The spell echo gem is working right. I can count the number of casts. The one from PoH (Greater spell echo) doesn't give a cast speed bonus, so I use the original.

I would think that two wands could, and one could also give you the trigger craft to propagate conductivity and unnerve. With all the other mana multipliers I also think that with some mana on the wands you would end up with a larger total mana pool.

My wands this league are trash, seriously f'd my atlas and am way behind (should have done the slow but effective route from last league but I found a new strategy that would be faster but then failed to note one very important aspect of it and destroyed my map pool) but the one I had last league was superb and with the return of Harvest I would expect that similar wands will become available this league. Even less costly wands will net you 150+ base mana between the pair which with the multipliers is perhaps better than a 100% increase from PoH. I don't know the math but without PoH and crappy wands I am at 7k mana and it balloons each time I add a piece of gear with mana. Cloak of Defiance is <150 mana and when I equipped it my mana pool jumped by a ton. Once I get mana on the wands I think I will easily surpass the 11 or 12k mark I reached last league.
Last edited by BuckFutter9 on Jan 25, 2021, 6:04:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info