Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Silver_Apple wrote:
Damn I should have read ahead in those leveling section. Should have kept those rare belts to craft wand with vendor instead of selling them.

Just buy a belt from vendor and chuck some rubbish essence on it.
OK gents, I'm throwing in the towel and asking for help. I've read the past 5-10 pages and understand most of the recommended changes and tried to implement them. After implementing a "mindfulness" and "scintillating idea" cluster jewels and seeing only +100 mana regen (bringing me up to a whooping 500/sec mana regen), I'm at a lost to make this viable.

I'm just now making it into yellow maps. Damage feels fine. Survivability does not... to the point I am starting to avoid rituals all together because it means instant death. Basically, I start off fine, I get hit with [insert invisible one-shot ability here], mana depletes entirely so I can survive the hit, I piano flask, mana doesn't regen fast enough to keep up with incoming damage, thus I can't cast arc to kill the mobs and then death promptly follows.

Putting aside some minor skill point allocation adjustments (which are the result of me just trying to fiddle around making things work). I'm hoping you guys can spot something(s) on my character that will make a large improvement. All in all, I can't find anything outside dropping 7ex on a 6-link chest that is going to make a radical difference.

I really want to love this build and I absolutely don't have the energy or will to level something else. /end of desperate plea for help

P.S. Have ~50c to make adjustments.
I tried adding in tempered mind gem but in game sheet shows that loses me mana regen per second. Am I missing something about it or does losing the mana from int hurt my other mana regen to much and I need more base mana else ware?
"
lsjohnson2 wrote:
OK gents, I'm throwing in the towel and asking for help. I've read the past 5-10 pages and understand most of the recommended changes and tried to implement them. After implementing a "mindfulness" and "scintillating idea" cluster jewels and seeing only +100 mana regen (bringing me up to a whooping 500/sec mana regen), I'm at a lost to make this viable.

I'm just now making it into yellow maps. Damage feels fine. Survivability does not... to the point I am starting to avoid rituals all together because it means instant death. Basically, I start off fine, I get hit with [insert invisible one-shot ability here], mana depletes entirely so I can survive the hit, I piano flask, mana doesn't regen fast enough to keep up with incoming damage, thus I can't cast arc to kill the mobs and then death promptly follows.

Putting aside some minor skill point allocation adjustments (which are the result of me just trying to fiddle around making things work). I'm hoping you guys can spot something(s) on my character that will make a large improvement. All in all, I can't find anything outside dropping 7ex on a 6-link chest that is going to make a radical difference.

I really want to love this build and I absolutely don't have the energy or will to level something else. /end of desperate plea for help

Im not a very experienced person when it comes to PoE, but looking at your char i think theres some things that you could fix within the 50c range.
Firstly you have 2.6k HP which seems low since you say youre running yellow maps. You could definitelly find a helmet, gloves and boots with better life values while not ruining your wallet. When you check the trade site, items 80 life/ 50 mana/ 80 total ele res go for few chaos a piece.
Second is kind of a my own personal suggestion - im running the same build on standard and instead of the half insta/half regen eternal life flask Enki is recommending im running a full insta divine one. Its about 1k hp heal per use, all instantly and saves you a lot of trouble when you get in a critical situation. And if the situation is not critical you can just let your Vitality do the job. My other flask that deviates from the suggested setup is Atziris promise that i exchanged for the adrenaline flask. It gives some minor dps, but most importantly it gives a load of life stolen per hit, which helps with survivability. Also it gives nice chaos res, that you could surely use seeing your resistances. Once again goes for few chaos.
Last thing if none of the above helps i would probably try to experiment with the gear you use a bit. You say that damage is not a problem so maybe you would be willing to say change the Essence worm with the Wraith aura for a defensive hp/mana/res ring temporarily until you solve the survivability issues, but thats just an idea.
TLDR: Upgrade life on items with low rolls (helmet, gloves, boots). Try using full instant divine life flask (divine, not eternal, more hp) and atziris promise. Switch a non-essential offensive gear for a defensive one.

Hope i helped at least a little bit :)
Last edited by FealthasCZ on Jan 25, 2021, 3:33:01 AM
Hi guys,

I'm following this guide and it's pretty much easy to stuff and progress, I'm starting map T12 right now with almost no problem, I just relearning somes mecanics.

But how do you deal with porcupine goliath ? Theses dudes just nukes me when they die even if they are bearly on my screen.
According to PoB I have around 1.2k mana regen. I have no clue how people reach over 3k. How can I increase my mana regen from this point? Character name: RaggeBaggen
"
BuckFutter9 wrote:
"
PublicSee wrote:
From experience, do others with Cloak of Defiance feel it makes a significant defence/damage bonus to the build?

It is my belief that it is essentially required and it helps with both. You also save a skill point and it works well with Crown on a number of levels.

ty for your previous answer!

also idk if it's true but i feel like the enchantment you have on CoD kinda clashes with Crown of Inward Eye. Don't you think so?

Also sorry for the question spams but with the revised build:

Is it better to go with bastion of elements or Heart of destruction?

Is Vitality still needed?

Do we use Vaal RF or regular RF?

Ty again for your time.
Last edited by Mowad on Jan 25, 2021, 6:45:29 AM
"
DeSlime wrote:
According to PoB I have around 1.2k mana regen. I have no clue how people reach over 3k. How can I increase my mana regen from this point? Character name: RaggeBaggen

I also have almost 1.5k mana regen and also struggled with mana like you. The answer to my problems was Atziri Paua Amulet (cant remember the exact name) with allocated mind drinker (important): it means that as long as you attack u will never run out of mana. O mana problems since then and if u happen to be low just spam flask mana flask since it recharges so quickly with our attack speed. I think this and CoD are the two most important pieces of this build.
Last edited by Mowad on Jan 25, 2021, 7:59:41 AM
"
Mowad wrote:
"
DeSlime wrote:

I also have almost 1.5k mana regen and also struggled with mana like you. The answer to my problems was Atziri Paua Amulet (cant remember the exact name) with allocated mind drinker (important): it means that as long as you attack u will never run out of mana. O mana problems since then and if u happen to be low just spam flask mana flask since it recharges so quickly with our attack speed. I think this and CoD are the two most important pieces of this build.

Thanks for pointing that out, it made me check other peoples annointments on their amulets and no one actually uses mana flows. Everyone seems to be using mind drinker or crusader if they have no crown of the inward eye so I'll try that out.
"
FealthasCZ wrote:
"
lsjohnson2 wrote:

Im not a very experienced person when it comes to PoE, but looking at your char i think theres some things that you could fix within the 50c range.
Firstly you have 2.6k HP which seems low since you say youre running yellow maps. You could definitelly find a helmet, gloves and boots with better life values while not ruining your wallet. When you check the trade site, items 80 life/ 50 mana/ 80 total ele res go for few chaos a piece.
Second is kind of a my own personal suggestion - im running the same build on standard and instead of the half insta/half regen eternal life flask Enki is recommending im running a full insta divine one. Its about 1k hp heal per use, all instantly and saves you a lot of trouble when you get in a critical situation. And if the situation is not critical you can just let your Vitality do the job. My other flask that deviates from the suggested setup is Atziris promise that i exchanged for the adrenaline flask. It gives some minor dps, but most importantly it gives a load of life stolen per hit, which helps with survivability. Also it gives nice chaos res, that you could surely use seeing your resistances. Once again goes for few chaos.
Last thing if none of the above helps i would probably try to experiment with the gear you use a bit. You say that damage is not a problem so maybe you would be willing to say change the Essence worm with the Wraith aura for a defensive hp/mana/res ring temporarily until you solve the survivability issues, but thats just an idea.
TLDR: Upgrade life on items with low rolls (helmet, gloves, boots). Try using full instant divine life flask (divine, not eternal, more hp) and atziris promise. Switch a non-essential offensive gear for a defensive one.

Hope i helped at least a little bit :)

This may seem like a silly question but how are you seeing his total HP pool? Are you doing all the maths based on his tree or is there a section of the character screen that shows life/mana totals I'm not seeing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info