Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

People who haven't played this build in ages voice their unfounded opinion yet again, how insightful.
"
Vocasek9 wrote:
Why doesnt work permanent poison immunity? There is still 6 sec countdown for poison immunity.

Not sure I understand the question...flask duration is 4.9 seconds, so using it once it grants 4.9 seconds of poison immunity, or longer, if you have increased flask effect duration on your passive tree. The exception would be if you're running a map under the sextant mod that gives instant recovery to life and mana flasks, in which case using the flask will remove poison stacks currently on you and but not grant immunity against new ones.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Sep 16, 2020, 2:15:21 PM
"
Cayote wrote:
From the patchnotes:

"
Lightning Trap, Glacial Hammer, Vaal Glacial Hammer, Ice Shot, Lightning Arrow, Arc, Vaal Arc, Storm Call, Vaal Storm Call and Stormblast Mine now each also affect the alternate versions of their corresponding elemental ailments.

I'm puzzled about what this means, anyone understood this?

Adding (regular) quality to an Arc gem grants extra % chance to inflict shock with it for non-critical strikes (chance is 100% for critical strikes). Running Elemental Focus in our Arc setup changes the actual chance to 0%, which is why quality is irrelevant on the Arc gem in the current iteration of the build.

To answer your question, I'm pretty sure quality will now grant additional % chance to sap, as well as shock. (I assume the odds would be rolled separately but that you would have a chance to inflict both.) It's a nice little extra feature for Arc/Vaal Arc in general, but probably irrelevant if we're still running Elemental Focus.

However, we should find out in the next 8 hours what we'll get from the alternative quality Arc gem(s) Heist is introducing. (Personally, I'm hoping for increased chain length. LOL)
It looks like they are coding it as #% chance to inflict lightning ailments. That means shock and sapped are both affected equally. The same will be true for cold (chill and brittle) and fire (ignite and scorched). Ignite, bleed, and poison will all still be classified as damaging.
RIP crackling lance numbers is a disappointment =(
"
MadChickins wrote:

how come?
"
MadChickins wrote:

How are they a disappointment?
Higher average damage with less variation, higher added damage effectiveness (important for Archmage), higher base crit, and intensity bonus roughly the same as Arc's "per remaining chain" bonus (higher with extra intensity passive).
"
Aldonés wrote:
It looks like they are coding it as #% chance to inflict lightning ailments. That means shock and sapped are both affected equally. The same will be true for cold (chill and brittle) and fire (ignite and scorched). Ignite, bleed, and poison will all still be classified as damaging.

Definitely possible. I haven't seen an actual pic showing revised wording, but I defer to you because you sound like you know what you're talking about.

By the way, thank you so much for posting that link about increased shock effect working with Corpse Pact. I don't know how you found that, but it's great information to have!
Assuming my math is correct, Crackling Lance pulls ahead but not by much, and only when you have at least 3 Intensity stacks. Once you lose those the damage goes way down.

Arc:

Average Base Damage: 443.5

Does 15% more damage per remaining chain, 105% if all 7 chains are remaining (single-target).

End Result: 909 Damage

Crackling Lance:

Average Damage: 491.5

Does 30% more damage per stack of Intensity, the Intensity skill gem gives 3 max stacks by default, so that's 90% more damage.

End Result: 933

The main issue you're going to have is mechanical. Arc is likely just going to feel so much better on clear than Crackling Lance is because it auto-targets mobs and covers more overall area due to chaining.

I'm still going to try it since there's no harm in it. Reality is Ball Lightning often ends up being better for single-target if you're going Archmage anyway and the BL nerfs aren't that major with that in mind.
"
"
MadChickins wrote:

How are they a disappointment?
Higher average damage with less variation, higher added damage effectiveness (important for Archmage), higher base crit, and intensity bonus roughly the same as Arc's "per remaining chain" bonus (higher with extra intensity passive).

I'm not inclined to think Crackling Lance is a viable replacement for Arc. You make good points, and it might be a bit better for single-target, but I can't see it coming close to Arc's chain/fork clearspeed, especially because you lose damage every time you move. Plus, you're essentially required to sacrifice another support gem for Intensify.

However, I could absolutely be wrong! We can't be certain about it for another two days. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info