Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Ok, maybe the answer to the question is more of a preference than what's the best (but then maybe it's not), but here it is - I'm all-time sticking with Undertaker as Anointment for my Atziri and was curious - what's better to have as Annointment for the endgame? Or should I carry on with it?
What do you guys prefer?

Asking because I just got myself new AF with 20%Q that I have to re-anoint after buying so I'm thinking - anoint with Undertaker again or is there something more beneficial? (yes, indeed, I am a noob)
"
bryngylf wrote:
"
Listoric wrote:
"
Nice job! Looks like you're doing very well for a relative newcomer and are on track to do even better.

First, how's your spell crit chance? Are you able to maintain Elemental Overload consistently?

Next, definitely get a wand with at least +140 mana. That will make a big overall difference. Here's an example of a search I used to find one (tweak it however you like, obviously): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/8l3G3QvhV

I'd go for a Rumi's Concoction over the regular granite flask, upgrade your belt to a nice Stygian Vise with mana/life abyssal jewel, get max quality on your amulet, and run Uber lab until you get the mana regen enchantment on your boots.

Your gear is generally solid, but there's definitely a lot of room to upgrade life/mana/resistances on pretty much all your rare gear so you can fit in more damage affixes on your gloves/shield/ring.

Thanks for the advice. I've got another wand, flask and belt right away. Currency prevented me from getting strong gear. The abyss jewel in the belt also solved the crit problem you mentioned. Perfect.

I just realized my elemental overload uptime is crap. What is a good spell crit chance to aim for, and is it calculated for every chain of the arc? Would 20-23% suffice?

I had to look this up to confirm, but no, crit chance is calculated per cast/attack, not per damage source. So Arc only has 1 chance to crit per cast, regardless of how many times it subsequently chains/forks.

EO is best triggered with your secondary damage spell that isn't supported by Controlled Destruction, in my opinion. The challenge of keeping it up all the time is what led me to use Storm Brand instead of Orb of Storms, since SB can consistently crit from any distance. Orb of Storms is definitely better for normal mapping in terms of direct damage output/clearspeed, but it just feels too logistically clunky to use it without Lightning Warp as a primary movement skill. Personal preference on my part.

For me, 15% chance to crit on SB is enough to keep EO up in most situations. If you have enough cast speed and tankiness, that's probably good enough with OoS, too, but you will need to recast it pretty regularly to ensure consistent EO uptime. If you can push it toward 20%, you'll be pretty safe, but that will likely take a little investment somewhere in your gear, passive tree, or gems.

The immediate and simple solution is to stick Increased Critical Strikes into your OoS setup.
"
Ok, maybe the answer to the question is more of a preference than what's the best (but then maybe it's not), but here it is - I'm all-time sticking with Undertaker as Anointment for my Atziri and was curious - what's better to have as Annointment for the endgame? Or should I carry on with it?
What do you guys prefer?

Asking because I just got myself new AF with 20%Q that I have to re-anoint after buying so I'm thinking - anoint with Undertaker again or is there something more beneficial? (yes, indeed, I am a noob)

Undertaker is fine at lower levels, but I think there are better endgame options.

If you're not wearing Crown of the Inward Eye, then Crusader is an absolute must for your anointment.

Otherwise, I recommend using it to shore up any holes you might have in your build, or else to improve your mana pool (always a safe bet with this build). I like Mana Flows, but Mind Drinker is a really solid budget option that's great for mapping.
"
CliffAhead wrote:
threw some alts on a shield and got 2x T1 mana

i can target and remove physical, and i'll be left with a 2-mod rare.

looking for advice on how to proceed? i'm totally new to crafting

my current shield is:

so i'll need 1 suffix to be reserved for fire resistance

my PoB here:
https://pastebin.com/suGP6VnF

Agree with airesettia here. You have the two most important mods there already, 2x t1 mana, and pretty much everything else can be horticrafted onto it. Annul phys, spam elemental slams until you get the resistances right, slam a good life roll onto it, and finish it off by slamming a good caster mod. There are certainly more nuanced and probably smarter ways to go about it, but that's generally what I'd do.
"
IMNoob1 wrote:
"
bryngylf wrote:
Just got the 6-link on my cloak of defiance, about 500 fusing maybe, so relatively lucky =) I was also lucky to drop The Anticipation from Uul-Netol so that I could craft The Surrender and make a skin transfer to my shield (works well together with the scientist weapon effect and righteous fire):
https://i.imgur.com/fIOVnxG.jpg

PS. I'm running a "fun-enabling" variant with Seven-League Step boots and Null and Void gloves - makes some end-game challenging, but mapping is so fun!

Did you Quality it before hand?
28 Hillock & 18 Bench?

Nope, just Q20 from scrap. If I'd known how the Immortal Syndicate mechanics work I might have tried to get Hillock of the right level in the right hideout, but I can for the love of me not understand it X'D. What's that about 18 bench - what have I missed now?
Last edited by bryngylf on Aug 9, 2020, 4:32:03 PM
"
bryngylf wrote:
"
IMNoob1 wrote:
"
bryngylf wrote:
Just got the 6-link on my cloak of defiance, about 500 fusing maybe, so relatively lucky =) I was also lucky to drop The Anticipation from Uul-Netol so that I could craft The Surrender and make a skin transfer to my shield (works well together with the scientist weapon effect and righteous fire):
https://i.imgur.com/fIOVnxG.jpg

PS. I'm running a "fun-enabling" variant with Seven-League Step boots and Null and Void gloves - makes some end-game challenging, but mapping is so fun!

Did you Quality it before hand?
28 Hillock & 18 Bench?

Nope, just Q20 from scrap. If I'd known how the Immortal Syndicate mechanics work I might have tried to get Hillock of the right level in the right hideout, but I can for the love of me not understand it X'D. What's that about 18 bench - what have I missed now?

The 18% benchcraft would only work for rare items...disregard, I think?

Yes, the Syndicate is a super-interesting side game with some great rewards, a ton of additional lore, and a final boss fight with an unusually cinematic sweep. But the mechanics of manipulating it aren't super-intuitive. Here's a pretty good comprehensive explanation: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/immortal-syndicate-guide
(If reading all that isn't your thing, I'm sure there's a good YT video.)

But you didn't miss anything. And ALWAYS put It that Fled into research.
"
Mirnava wrote:
I'm currently running t15-16 maps fairly comfortably depending on the mods but I feel like I have cornered myself by having 3 of the uniques recommended in the build and not having enough resistances to be flexible. Could someone recommend changes I can make? I feel like I'm almost ready to get the next upgrade on most of my gear but the rarity of the mods on them are walling me at the moment (such as shaper gear etc) from taking the next step up. So at the moment I'm starting to plateau in terms of improving my char but I'm slowly farming up currency (around 5ex atm).

Another question I have is when do I switch OoStorms to conductivity+curse on hit? I realise at the end game a lot of experienced players will tend to diverge from the build but being a first time player I'm unsure where to go from here in terms of changing gems and introducing cluster jewels into my build.

Any help would be appreciated :D

https://pastebin.com/dGUtDnpt

bump hopefully someone could take a look :)

Here's how my build is looking atm: https://pastebin.com/k3iyyar5
Last edited by Mirnava on Aug 9, 2020, 5:00:08 PM
"
DarkKwiskas wrote:
"
"
DarkKwiskas wrote:
Hello folks!

I am new to this game, just started this season with this build.
It's been amazing so far. A very deep game, for which I learn every day.

Anyway, I am little bit stuck now. I am around tier 13-16 maps, and I have trouble progressing. Foes take at least 2 or 3 casts of arc to die, which leaves plenty of time for me to either make a mistake and die, or to run around like a headless chicken and losing precious time.

Path of building seems to tell me I am doing enough damage (around 1M), but I don't know what's going on, as I am definitely closer to a melting sugar in a coffee cup than a godlike ARPG char on those map tiers :)

Is that a damage problem, a survivability problem, or a user issue? What would be the next steps for me to progress? I managed to drop 2 exalts, but that's all the riches I have, sadly...
If I should fix my damage, but I am not sure what should I do... Many wands that seem better than mine cost over an exalt', and I guess that won't leave me enough money to buy the next content, like Watcher's eye.
You can find a link to my current equipement and skills below.

Any help welcome, and thank you everyone (and particularily Enki for this amazing build.)

https://pastebin.com/Bn0jzSNY

Note: I have a few extra equipment that I am trying to craft using harvest, but I am not sure how to use path of building to make those appear.

Your mana pool is holding you back. You need to get it to 9k+, even if it's at the expense of your eHP. Then you can run Righteous Fire, which will be a huge damage boost. Swap a Healthy Mind in for your Phoenix Desire and then swap that jewel for Assassin's Haste, which you can ditch without a second thought. Cloak of Defiance would be a huge help here, but you'll either need a lot of fusings or a bigger budget to get a 6L one.

Also, Crown of the Inward Eye is an extremely affordable option that will boost your damage quite a bit. You can buy one that already has a useful enchantment without breaking the bank: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/Q38kX0RFw

It looks like you've largely prioritized mana on your gear, which is good--it should be the first thing you look for, since we can't horticraft it onto anything, unlike life/resists/caster mods. With that in mind, your stygian vise and the jewel inside it should both be replaced with items that have good mana rolls; you can probably get another 500 mana just from doing that.

So I'd start with Healthy Mind, Crown of the Inward Eye, and a better belt/abyssal jewel. You should be able to add at least 1.5k mana and get 40% more damage from those changes alone.

Thanks for detailed answer, I will have a look. I didn't realise mana was holding me back. I thought mana would only be helpful for the lifepool and to have more opportunities to cast, not that it would be impactful on the damage itself (not sure to understand why, except if DPS is taking into account that I have more room to cast with more mana...).

Where should I run righteous fire? I am not sure _where_ I can change the gem without impacting the whole build, except if I completely drop orb of storms. Should that kind of option be listed in the original post?

Good ideas, I hope I will also have better luck at harvests!

Yes, mana scales our damage heavily because of Archmage. As Enki says, Archmage is the primary source of damage in this build, and its effectiveness scales directly with the size of your mana pool. Mana does double-duty and acts as a defensive cornerstone, too, a la Arcane Cloak (which also supports offensively), Mind over Matter, and Agnostic. This whole machinery is elegant in its simplicity and incredibly effective (but means we are totally fucked without mana regen).

I can't see your character to suggest which gem you should specifically drop for RF, but if you're using a second Arcane Surge in your Flame Dash setup, you can ditch that. Otherwise, you could drop a support gem in your OoS setup.

I tried running a T17 100% delirium burial chamber map today but only managed to clear half of it before my portals ran out.
I'm pretty new so I'm not sure what could be changed in the build outside of what is written in the guide.
Right now I'm working on getting gloves like mine except with unnerve chance, a shield with +2 minimum frenzy charges instead of the cast speed, and a neck with lightning pen instead of spell damage. Also rerolling my remaining three T2 lifes to T1.
After I finish those things I should get about a 20% damage boost and a bit of life, but I think I'll still be slightly too week for T17 100% delirium maps.
Would a headhunter work in this build?

POB: https://pastebin.com/U3Hx5sTM
Last edited by Yarbl on Aug 9, 2020, 5:25:51 PM
"
Yarbl wrote:

I tried running a T17 100% delirium burial chamber map today but only managed to clear half of it before my portals ran out.
I'm pretty new so I'm not sure what could be changed in the build outside of what is written in the guide.
Right now I'm working on getting gloves like mine except with unnerve chance, a shield with +2 minimum frenzy charges instead of the cast speed, and a neck with lightning pen instead of spell damage. Also rerolling my remaining three T2 lifes to T1.
After I finish those things I should get about a 20% damage boost and a bit of life, but I think I'll still be slightly too week for T17 100% delirium maps.
Would a headhunter work in this build?

POB: https://pastebin.com/U3Hx5sTM

OMG you're too funny. Honestly, if you have that much capital to invest, I would recommend a different build.

Edit: yes, a Headhunter would work in virtually any build.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Aug 9, 2020, 7:29:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info