Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Thank you very much Enki, been enjoying the build !

I got a question tho, why in the 100pts ability tree you pick the left rightish "arcane potency" 3 point cluster that gives 50% crit chance and 30% crit multiplier instead of Assassination (near shadow) wich is also 3 points but it would give 70% crit chance and 30% multiplier. As far as I know that crit nodes does affect spells, arent they?

Thanks in advance
"
valdivia1109 wrote:
Thank you very much Enki, been enjoying the build !

I got a question tho, why in the 100pts ability tree you pick the left rightish "arcane potency" 3 point cluster that gives 50% crit chance and 30% crit multiplier instead of Assassination (near shadow) wich is also 3 points but it would give 70% crit chance and 30% multiplier. As far as I know that crit nodes does affect spells, arent they?

Thanks in advance

It's taken in the 120 point 'full' tree. That's a leveling section, and assuming you want Vaal Pact as you go, it's a huge point investment. Doing that, you can't fill out all the DPS nodes in 100 points.

Nachos? Yes.
So after a long break I'm back to playing again. My playstyle is "on and off", I play for a while, then pause for a while. It makes for a very enjoyable experience as I don't get burned out and consistently get to enjoy an ever evolving game. But, intro aside...

So I really love Arc. I used to play a non crit arcer before, and it just had particular issues which made me stop playing it relatively quickly. So this time I wanted to go for crits - and found your build. So far, so good. I'm really enjoying the character, it's very well made.

A couple minor details I noticed so far - I seem to enjoy leech more without Vaal Pact at the moment. I only have 1%, but its working wonders. Admittedly, I can't really efficiently plow through reflect maps, but almost all other mods are a breeze (I skip no regen only). Also, at the current state of my character, I seem to get far better results with Faster Casting than PCoC. I also notice the guys above mostly do the same thing in a 5L.

On a side note, here is my current gear. What should I improve next? Most of this is self crafted or found, I spent less than 40 Chaos on this set.

Gear

For any easier mods or maps, I use HoI instead of PoL. For maps with -max or +addedlightdmg% I turn off HoI and use PoL. Seems to work like a charm so far. Tooltip DPS is 15k, at .25 casts per second. Crit rate just over 36%, crit multiplier 324%. 4.2k HP, 2.6k mana (1.3k unreserved) with 303 regen per sec. My resists are overcapped so that most single curses don't affect me at all. The only curse I deeply hate is the Silence, but I chose not to pick up a curse immune flask for now. In my 2nd weapon set I got a 6S 5L 6B staff, leveling Arc gems to get the 21 corruption.

At the end, I'd like to thank you for sharing and updating the build. I never played a single character with a guide before, and this is a really nice experience for a change.

EDIT: I forgot to add a particular thing about the CWDT setups. I'm running a standard Immortal Call setup, and on the other one, Enfeeble and Frost Wall. Frost Wall is so incredibly good there, I've no words. Extremely helpful.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Apr 2, 2015, 2:18:44 PM
"
tkbowned wrote:
Wanted to say THANKS for the guide :D, used the build for the 1m SC, 4/4 :D.
Gear at 80

Stats : Around 3700 hp,800 mana unreserved, and around 7700 dps without charges, with lvl 17/18 gems.

"
JuicedG wrote:
I have no clue why I've never tried arc, I love it so much. I like your new try a lot to, more life <3

Just one more question I came up with, what about vaal stormcall? I've never tried it on hardcore and I'm assuming ele reflect is going to be problematic? But it just destroys entire screens and is up again after every big pack.

I used vaal storm call in a 3l with conc. effect+light pen and oneshoted most rares, helps alot for bosses too.
Btw one thing that i loved was using vaal summon skeletons, meat shields opie OP!, they carry for the hard bosses like brutus/kole and such, that can oneshot you if you dont have your CoD and some hp nodes yet.

WOW, you were right it's amazing, thanks! Currently 71 on HC, 4.1k hp (only 3.7k arc (need quite some damage notes still) and loving it!
Last edited by JuicedG on Apr 2, 2015, 2:28:23 PM
Sorry guys, couldn't reply for the past few days cuz' i have no internet in my new appartment yet and won't have for the next week or so.

First of all, thanks for all the feedback! Glad to see so many people enjoying the build.

@Garfunkel: 34% without charges is ok, with all 7 charges up you'll be at 51,5%, which is enough to finish all challenges in the 1m race without struggle.

@NicNulty: If your goal is only Lv80, go for Malis.

@Xardas1988: Lightning Leech is a Lv6 Catarina mod, and requires an open prefix on the wand. For the race i'd just recommend to stay with Life Leech gem.

@Nargrimm: Zana can spawn low level Palace maps, which is another way to beat the boss challenge.
Can't really say what's the minimum req. stats for Atziri with this build, but as fakeThranduil pointed out already, Atziri/Uber Atziri is more about knowing the fights and how to prepare for them.

@valdivia1109: Good catch, that was a mistake on my side. OF course it's better to take Assasination before Arcane Potency, i'll change that once i got internet access at home.

@VenatorPoE: Thanks! I've admittedly also used Faster Casting over PCoC in the race, seemed to do well until Lv80. Your gear is really good, it'll be hard to upgrade a single piece without requiring to change other pieces aswell. If you can, try to find highend wands with Cast Speed, Spell Crit and slto for Leech, or a 6L Cloak of Defiance - both quite costly upgrades.
Thanks about the tip with Frost Wall, i'll try that once i'm back in the game.

twitch.tv/enki91
Just ripped at 73 again:( I lightning warped in a 66 map and 5 otherwordly devourers popped up, 1 shot insta kill:( even though I have CODT, level 14 AA and 4.2k hp.
Last edited by JuicedG on Apr 4, 2015, 7:37:18 AM
Hi,

i have one question. How can i upgrade my char?:

My passive tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswVCBx4I9A5IEQ8RlhOeFLAWvxpsG_EfAiaVJy8o-ilPKjgsnDWSNsU740GHQZZEq0T7SVFMLUyzUDBVS1WuVcZXK1eUXfJfKmHiY0NkCWSdakNtGXBScNV-M36vfseCEIIegpuCx4PbhX2IQonTiiiMNo0Zj6aP-pBVlS6drqIApJGnCKlurrO18rc-uJO86r2CwFTAZsHF0PXVptgk2L3ZX9sL217djN-K37DgEuFz5CLli-kC6-Tr7uv17BjsOO0g7Tzw1fId-ej-Cv6z

My gear:

Spoiler

In few days i'll have all gems on lvl 20, so all 20q.

ATM I have 36% crit chance (no charges, with charges around 52%), 350% crit multiplier and 18k dps. My life 3,5k, mana 3,5k.

How is possible for you to have 37k dps with wands? with doryani's i had 16,7k.

Am I missing sth?

Thx for the build ;)

Last edited by memberx on Apr 5, 2015, 5:28:24 PM
Hey Enki, I don't play on global but on my region server which is Garena - SEA and by far love your build very much. Would like to ask you a question, all my skills gems set up are 90% similar to yours now. My problem now is I would like to know how do you keep HoT, Clarity, PoL/PoE and Arctic Armor running but also have slots for Arc, Assassin Mark and Vaal Haste for me to cast. Can't seem to make everything useable.
Once you start running AA, HoT, Clarity and PoL, you can change the slots to Ass. Mark, Vaal Haste...

You need slots for AA... only at the start when you turn them on.

Sorry if i didn't understand the question in the right way :)

"
memberx wrote:
Once you start running AA, HoT, Clarity and PoL, you can change the slots to Ass. Mark, Vaal Haste...

You need slots for AA... only at the start when you turn them on.

Sorry if i didn't understand the question in the right way :)

Nope, you cannot snapshot anymore (removed quite long time ago). Snapshot = popping auras etc, changing gems to another gem in the same slot, still using the previous aura.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info