Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Juhnendan wrote:
"
ImCory wrote:
Can i ask why the tree changes so much after Act 10 (im pretty new so im unsure) the build from act 1-10 is amazing and some nodes that get removed after act 10 seems like a huge dps loss.

Because the increase in gear stats makes for better damage and you can not have Elemental Overload at that point.
Read through the gear section of the guide and it will make a lot more sense.

Ah right, thank you, the build has made me enjoy PoE so much more, i was able to demolish the storymode this time through :)
Is the critical strike chance "main hand critical strike chance" in the offensive character sheet, or is there somewhere else im missing
I have reached mapping, but I doubt that I can do end game content (Sirus, Elder etc) with Eldritch Battery. I thought energy shield is better cover life as it offers a defensive layer? Isn't 4k++ hp a bit too less for end game content?
Hey! Second time iam followeing one of your guides, great as always.

Just a question, how to generate frenzy charges in this one?
Last edited by Turthur on Mar 19, 2020, 11:04:28 PM
"
lolipop710 wrote:
I have reached mapping, but I doubt that I can do end game content (Sirus, Elder etc) with Eldritch Battery. I thought energy shield is better cover life as it offers a defensive layer? Isn't 4k++ hp a bit too less for end game content?

I'm honestly also feeling a bit weak, I've been using 2x 5L for a while now,a nd it just feels lacking. Archmage helps a lot but I'm fairly sure that since most of my mana is reserved, it could be helping *a lot more*.
Personally since I'm not really feeling it and Iv'e always loved Poet's Pen VD I'm just going to reroll to PP VD or Spellslinger VD more likely.

If you're going to keep on I'd suggest looking into options for better single target and survivability.
"
Penetros wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:

I'm honestly also feeling a bit weak, I've been using 2x 5L for a while now,a nd it just feels lacking. Archmage helps a lot but I'm fairly sure that since most of my mana is reserved, it could be helping *a lot more*.
Personally since I'm not really feeling it and Iv'e always loved Poet's Pen VD I'm just going to reroll to PP VD or Spellslinger VD more likely.

If you're going to keep on I'd suggest looking into options for better single target and survivability.

well, you are feeling weak because you are not following the guide properly.

You are missing the serpent staff wheel and the 3 points to annhilation near the start of the tree. You are wasting 4 points towards Devotion for some life which can be used to grab two extra jewel slots which can provide life and huge damage boosts instead.

You should have switched from arcane will to arcane focus to a huge boost of ES.

It is not worth having bad stats on your staff just for the 'trigger a socketed spell' craft. Use an agnerod west until you can afford a staff with crit, +3 lightning gems, etc.

You are missing almost 250+ flat life combined from your chestpiece, helmet, belt and amulet. You can get MUCH better pieces in those slots for very little investment

Your abyssal jewel is good for defences but with the above adjustments for HP and resists you can replace for a much stronger damage in the jewel slots.

Also you have chosen to take the path along elemental overload instead of going north which can save you two points.

Archmage is terrible as, since you pointed out, most of your mana is reserved.
Breach : MLXFL
Last edited by william2433 on Mar 20, 2020, 12:01:04 AM
"
william2433 wrote:
"
Penetros wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:

well, you are feeling weak because you are not following the guide properly.

You are missing the serpent staff wheel and the 3 points to annhilation near the start of the tree. You are wasting 4 points towards Devotion for some life which can be used to grab two extra jewel slots which can provide life and huge damage boosts instead.

You should have switched from arcane will to arcane focus to a huge boost of ES.

It is not worth having bad stats on your staff just for the 'trigger a socketed spell' craft. Use an agnerod west until you can afford a staff with crit, +3 lightning gems, etc.

You are missing almost 250+ flat life combined from your chestpiece, helmet, belt and amulet. You can get MUCH better pieces in those slots for very little investment

Your abyssal jewel is good for defences but with the above adjustments for HP and resists you can replace for a much stronger damage in the jewel slots.

Also you have chosen to take the path along elemental overload instead of going north which can save you two points.

Archmage is terrible as, since you pointed out, most of your mana is reserved.

Thanks a lot for the tips and I'll give them a shot, a lot of changes I was making as I was transitioning into another build so there's a lot of wasted travel nodes that are going to be used to change out how I travel to nodes.

I'm gonna give it a shot and get an agnerod and see what happens. I probably have enough chaos laying around to change out helmet/body armour and move links around now, but I Was mostly saving up for swapping out.

It's fair that I give it another shot before I do so though.

I also had a bad setup with my wave of conviction since my staff was giving me fire spell damage and trying to get more lightning was frustrating without changing something more. I'll give it a try after this patch tonight and see what works, thanks a lot.
Last edited by Penetros on Mar 20, 2020, 12:07:46 AM
Enki, what's your opinion on Crusader influenced rings in place of the Shaper ring? Looks like you can fossil-craft one with Aetheric/Metallic/Prismatic/Pristine for +2 odds at Conductivity on hit, lightning damage per power charge, or lightning damage against shocked enemies. Do these mods not compete with the crit gained from Assassin's Mark?

Thanks a lot for the tips and I'll give them a shot, a lot of changes I was making as I was transitioning into another build so there's a lot of wasted travel nodes that are going to be used to change out how I travel to nodes.

I'm gonna give it a shot and get an agnerod and see what happens. I probably have enough chaos laying around to change out helmet/body armour and move links around now, but I Was mostly saving up for swapping out.

It's fair that I give it another shot before I do so though.[/quote]
No problem, agnerods are 1-2c and u dont need it to be 5l'd since orb of storms wont be used as often because it wont be automatically casted.

an ES helmet with some life and resists will cost u anywhere between 1-5c

an ideal situation if you have the budget is a 6L'd chestpiece, I got mine corrupted at 10c and then used the crafting bench to change the colours to 6B. Controlled destruction and increased critical strikes is a huuuuuge damage boost.

after that, see how your life totals are. if its around 4k you can afford to get damage multiplier, lightning dmg, etc
Breach : MLXFL
Hi all,

just checking out with my progressions in order to help other people with this build:

a) Survivability
Try to push life @5k it helps a lot in sustaining high end content. Remember to keep the 43% of your life pool as es

b) Playstile
You have to be quick, flesh and stone is really important as anointing your amulet with silent step

c) Flask are a huge benefit

About the weapon is there anyone can write a guide I can follow to craft a good staff?
So far:
Eclipse staff 77+
--> +3 gems
ad then?

Thanks a lot :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info