Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Should I still use both Enfeeble (CWDT) and Warlords (COH) if I don't have dual curse?
"
mmogamr wrote:
"
Vaaroth wrote:
@mmogamer I would honestly buy a Vessel of Vinktar first, then the 6l coil, then a dagger. Dual Void Battery's are crazy high DPS and if that's what you want to go for then it's definitely a good buy, but in my opinion I would go for the vinktar first for sure. The flask absolutely negates the effect of reflect mobs (not map mod unfortunately, you'd need constant uptime of the flask throughout the whole map), not too mention it's added damage if you get that variant and proximity shock really boosts your DPS.

The 6l coil would be really helpful as well but just make sure you have enough chromatics to get that 4b1g1r. If you have problems with physical damage then I would consider buying a 6l coil over the void battery's.

Your dagger right now seems fine even with the low spell damage. I think your scepter could get a little better if it had some crit multi, but as it looks right now your weapons seem fine.

Thanks for the response. I was really leaning towards the batteries. I think I just need to sit on it for a bit.

I definitely see your logic on the vinktars. I'll start shopping around. My first instinct was to go for the damage penetration one, but is the +damage to spells better because of brotherhood?

I'm definitely a bit squishy which is why I was considering the coil next. I'll make sure to have an exalt worth of chroms laying around when I get it though. That'll be a pain.

It's a lot easier to chrome a 6l coil with 4b1g1r rather than a 5l 4b1g/1r. When I was chroming my 5 link I got the 4b1g1r several times but that last unlinked socket always screwed me over. 1000 chromes should be more than enough to get the right colors. The flask variants are really just your personal preference, however the added flat damage feels really nice.

I'm at a point in my build where the only upgrade I need right now is a 6L coil and a taste of hate in Talisman. I'm not making enough money to outright buy either of these items but I do I have enough chaos to buy coils that arent even 6s'd, however I only have 300 something jewelers and ~250 fusings. Would it be a good idea to buy these cheap coils and try to 6l them myself, stopping at 5l each time and reselling? I'm still trying to figure out how to make currency consistently so this kind of stuff is new to me.
Last edited by Vaaroth on Jan 28, 2016, 6:00:33 PM
Hi guys, I feel like my gear has plateaued a bit and I was wondering if I could get some advice on what to do next. I'm not insanely rich, I've liquidated most of my resources at present and I have around 6 exalt and 340 fusing, along with another 3-4exalt in items that I'm trying to sell presently. The build clears quickly but I feel a little squishy in those instances where I can't get away (no surprise, considering my +1 TR). T9 maps are a cakewalk and I've done a couple springs maps without difficulty, but I still feel like there's some improvement required before I go any further.

@amoRaa
Vaal haste+increased duration. It gıves really huge boost to clear speed.
@beardedmagician: Well you're missing lots of damage by not going to the templar side, the scion nodes don't really make up for it. You also don't have much cast speed, i'd recommend spec out of Lightning Walker and the spell dmg node at scion and get the shadow starter cast speed nodes.

@Rivx: Yes, the curses activate and override themselves for their specific uses. Dualcurse would be two curses on CwDt and two on CoH.

@Vaaroth: Given that 5L coils are 70c at talisman atm, it's prolly not worth it. Just get a coil with good life roll, 6s it and randomly spam fuses - that's what i did, but i also consider myself lucky 6linking it so fast.

@amoRaa: You can definitely upgrade your ring and amulet, and maybe a new dagger with more crit. Also fortify on WB may help you sustaining a little better. If you don't have yet, also get a Vinktar flask.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jan 29, 2016, 6:31:43 PM
I just started doing maps (Tier 2 currently) and am clvl 77. My items arent the best, as this is my first char this league and I didnt have much currency. I just sold an andvarius and now have 50c at least.

What should I invest in? Call of the brotherhood or better wands/daggers? Anything else first?

Thanks so much for this build and for all your answers!
Whats the thought on using surgebinders and having 7 power charges up? Im getting about 35K with 7/3/3 with my current gear.

Just wondering before I drop ex on mali's just to test them out...
@Kreatief: Your gear ain't even that bad. I would look out for some weapons first, in my experience decent crit caster weapons aren't that expensive in Talisman. After that go for a CotB and new helmet, then a new ring and amulet.
From there on it's up to you, you can either go for the unique flasks, Lv21 Arc, a 6L, jewels or random gear upgrades like a gg leather belt.

@ttusher: This made me curious, so i've tested 5 different glove options in terms of dps impact on this build:
Spoiler

To answer your question, Surgebinders aren't worth it. You'll get way more raw damage for a low price with Facebreakers, they are almost on par with perfect 50/50 legacy Malis. Malis on the other side give 2.5% additional crit chance, which will help your crit consistency.

Here are the full test results. First number is without power charges, second with 6 power charges and third with power charges, vaal haste and vinktars. I didn't run Blood Rage cuz i forgot and cba to do the tests again:

Spoiler
Facebreaker 45430.82 / 58341.08 / 69963.95
Legacy Malis 46064.94 / 58541.20 / 70203.98
Voidbringer 42915.12 / 52967.77 / 63520.18
Surgebinders 39016.88 / 51714.87 / 62020.88
Shadows and Dust 41747.38 / 53546.28 / 64223.06
twitch.tv/enki91
Just thought I'd give a data point for people looking at different upgrades at different price points.

Going from my current dagger (below), to a dagger that was 80 implicit crit chance, 72 SD, 90 crit chance, 22 crit multi gave me about a 3k boost in charged tooltip DPS. Going from a level 20 to 21 arc (with my current dagger) gave right about the same DPS change and there is a HUGE difference in price. Obviously they scale really well with each other. Just something to consider when looking at upgrades.
IGN: dwreckedarc
I just bought a new weapon as you suggested:

Old one:

New one:

Got this for 40c.

It only gave me like 1k DPS more. Thats not very much. Were my old weapons not that bad? Does the "add xx cold damage to spells" that good? At least my crit chance is pretty good now, which will help me on several things like pcoc.

Is it really worth investing 40c to an exalt for another second weapon before going for call of the brotherhood? Was the bought weapon not worth the 40c?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info