Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Bodomi wrote:
If I get a weapon with "10% chance to gain Arcane Surge when you kill an enemy", can I get a different gem in my 6L, or would it still be better to find something else and use the gem?

I found a really good dagger, the only downside(that I can see) is that it has the Arcane Surge mod on it, but maybe it isn't a downside?

Also, can you tell me which one of these would be better?

vs

Since we reap huge benefits from Assassin's Mark, the diamond ring is definitely better.

The Arcane Surge mod is good--it's a hybrid mod that includes increased cast speed, and that's certainly desirable--just not quite as ideal as a top-tier/rank pure cast speed mod. I would definitely NOT replace the Arcane Surge gem, though; it's important for consistent mapping speed and vital against bosses.
Enki and anyone who's interested,

I'm trying this build with Elemancer instead of Paragon of Calamity, as was discussed earlier in the league. My gear is FAR from optimized. Right now I've taken the Anima Stone/Primordial Chain route and am aiming for a 6L staff for the 4 golem types + Meat Shield and Empower/cwdt. Lots of testing and levelling remains to be done, but here are some initial observations:

1. The damage feels really good. Increased effect of golem buffs is insane when stacked together. Lightning Warp is faster than I've ever seen it, physical damage reduction is approaching 30%, which is HUGE. Immunity to elemental ailments is a great bonus and frees up a flask suffix.

2. Primordial Harmony makes it really easy to keep golems alive, so I'm thinking Empower is the way to go, at least for regular mapping. I have not done t16 guardians yet (waiting for at least 5L Inpulsa's), but I am concerned that they might get 1-shotted by high-level bosses, and it takes a good 8-10 seconds to summon all 9 golems. If this is the case, cwdt would seem to be the better route. Trying to recast golems during Uber Elder fight would probably be a death sentence.

3. Not being able to do elemental damage reflect maps sucks.

4. Losing the amulet slot makes it tougher to find life leech. Right now I'm using Doryani's Invitation, which is definitely not ideal. Anyone have any suggestions?

5. Meat Shield is an excellent defense spell. Having a bunch of golems as body guards deflects a LOT of damage. On the flip-side...

6. When I do get hit, it's often hard. I am struggling to get above 3k life at level 80 right now, which is not encouraging. I expect getting to 3.5k will be easy once I have Inpulsa's and a few more life passives, but after that, I'm not sure where to go. Vermilion ring will be great if I can find a Shaper's one and mod it myself, but losing an amulet and three jewel slots in a build like this hurts as much as you would expect (a LOT). I'm also losing the belt slot at the moment, which is potentially another few hundred life. There's no life on my shield, but I'm not planning on using a shield for very long, anyway. I also can't work in both cwdt setups. I'm thinking maybe I should sacrifice the Armageddon Brand and Blind for Immortal Call and Increased Duration?

Enki, any comments are welcome. I really need help balancing this new power with survivability--maybe I should settle for fewer golems?

Edit: forgot my I managed to score a Shaper's ring with both Assassin's Mark on hit and life gained for each enemy hit by spells. Perhaps life leech is not required, in this case. I'll look for a stygian vise with high life and resists tonight.

Edit 2: at level 87 with 4.4k hp. Life and mana are definitely way too low and I don't know what else to do with them aside from sacrifice some of the primordial stuff. Damage is still very strong. I don't think PoB calculates golem buff bonuses from Liege of the Primordial or Elemancer, so I modified my items accordingly and added in 114% shock effect to get 300k Arc Shaper DPS, 430k with flasks up. I think there's still plenty of room for growth there. Still, I just managed to do Chimera deathless. The speed boost this league is huge for avoiding dangerous attacks.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Sep 24, 2019, 6:44:37 AM
Enki, I'm starting over with the PS4 in Act 1 and noticed a couple changes:

1. You are no longer mentioning to prevent Arcane Surge Support gem leveling. Why is that no longer needed?
2. Orb of Storms you state to set "attack without moving" by left-clicking icon in the skill bar. I wish there was some expertise PS4 help to explain this. Since 'L2' trigger on the PS4 which use to stop all movement without affecting aiming and firing has been disabled and the trigger assigned to additional skills I wonder how critical not stopping movement when attacking might be?

Thank you.
"
Ratsneve wrote:

2. Orb of Storms you state to set "attack without moving" by left-clicking icon in the skill bar. I wish there was some expertise PS4 help to explain this. Since 'L2' trigger on the PS4 which use to stop all movement without affecting aiming and firing has been disabled and the trigger assigned to additional skills I wonder how critical not stopping movement when attacking might be?

The skill tends to auto-aim on the console it is not a big deal, I never had to use the L2 trigger last season and I managed to clear everything. And its not such a big deal for the build as this is something you'll use more for bosses, and again the ability would generally target them without effort. The primary ability you utilize is Arc which is entirely auto-target so the L2 trigger isn't utilized, so it is not a crucial thing to worry about.
"
Ratsneve wrote:
Enki, I'm starting over with the PS4 in Act 1 and noticed a couple changes:

1. You are no longer mentioning to prevent Arcane Surge Support gem leveling. Why is that no longer needed?

Thank you.

You now link it to arc, which you are constantly spamming. So arcane surge will basically always be online.

Previously you linked it to orb of storms, which you only occasionally cast. That's why you wanted to proc arcane surge with a single cast back then.
Oh boy! All questions solved for the moment at least. Thank you much. Here's hoping I don't delete my character again in anger and frustration.
Hi there. First of all, I follow your guide since quite long time. I don't play everyday, and sometimes not for 32 or 3 month, but I like it so.
I have a question about this last updating. I have respec my skills and change some gems but now there is 3 golem to summon.....but I can get only 2. I have liege of the primordial, wich you says give you the third golem, so where should I get the second from ?? Sorry if it is stupid question, but there is something wrong I cannot get and when I look on the golem ability it says 2 golem maximum......
"
Padamphet wrote:
Hi there. First of all, I follow your guide since quite long time. I don't play everyday, and sometimes not for 32 or 3 month, but I like it so.
I have a question about this last updating. I have respec my skills and change some gems but now there is 3 golem to summon.....but I can get only 2. I have liege of the primordial, wich you says give you the third golem, so where should I get the second from ?? Sorry if it is stupid question, but there is something wrong I cannot get and when I look on the golem ability it says 2 golem maximum......

The guide specs into golem commander (nearly at the top of the skill tree), which allows for an additional golem.
"
Dreagation wrote:
"
Padamphet wrote:

The guide specs into golem commander (nearly at the top of the skill tree), which allows for an additional golem.

Ho my bad, I missed this node...I was wondering why I have 3 skill points left so I put themwhere I like !! Thank you so much :) :)
What anointments are you running? if you already answered, mind copy and pasting the answer here for me? :D
Last edited by bobmcbob124 on Sep 25, 2019, 6:43:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info