Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hey Enki! Awesome guide. Can you recommend a shield for this build ? Sorry if it has been asked before.
"
Saroner wrote:
Hey Enki! Awesome guide. Can you recommend a shield for this build ? Sorry if it has been asked before.

No unique shield is really worth it, so just any rare with spell/lightning damage, spellcrit, cast speed and life.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@bobmcbob124
Any other weapon except for wands or a shield with life and preferably some damage and spellcrit.

@hugomaestrelo
Besides what Cendrake already mentioned, i've noticed that you're not using any mana flask nor have any other ways to sustain your mana. So, replace the Quartz (or Diamond if you get consistent crits without) with an Eternal Mana Flask with the Enduring prefix. Also upgrade Pantheon if you haven't yet and use the 3x red socket recipe to use the full Immortal Call setup. The rest comes down to learning the specific fights.

@Alwayswannalie
As it's mentioned right on the jewel and in the PoB section of this guide, that's the shock from Beacon of Ruin since PoB can't calculate it itself. That char has 167% shock effect, 15*(1+1.67) = 40.05.

Also remember that multimodded doesn't necessarily means it's better in any way. In case of my ring and helmet it just assures me to put on the resistances I need after GGG forcefully changes yet another thing with major patches.

Don't be too fixated on PoB. I've done all content with this build for the past 4 leagues with just budget early-league gear, 400-500k Shaper DPS with shock calculated will easily get you there. As for high tier maps, damage is barely needed there to begin with.

Can't take a look at your char because the character tab is private.

hey i've removed my characters from private, could you have a look please? :)

PS: i have 237k shaper dps after all the calculations on 5 link inpulsa(assuming i complete uber lab soon) :)

PPS: Tweaked my build more .. now 347k shaper DPS

all my gems are lvl 19 0%

should i vaal the arcs when they hit level 20?
Last edited by Alwayswannalie on Sep 20, 2019, 12:59:19 PM
does the choice of weapon (sceptre, dagger or wand) really not matter too much? purely based on preference or is there one thats statistically better than the others

Last edited by Karathis on Sep 20, 2019, 11:08:37 AM
"
Karathis wrote:
does the choice of weapon (sceptre, dagger or wand) really not matter too much? purely based on preference or is there one thats statistically better than the others

Spoiler
I remember Enki once said that wands by default can roll the more useful mods for this build. Although, if you multimod then that doesn't matter too much, I guess. But I'm not very experienced with crafting.

Then there's the weapon specific implicits of course. Which can help you in different ways. But you have to see for yourself what you think is the most valuable for you. Daggers can increase your Critical Strike Chance for example. Tiger Hooks can give you Chance to Dodge Attack Hits. Wands can give you increased Spell Damage or Cast Speed. Sceptres have increased Elemental Damage and Elemental Resistance Penetration. All of this can be helpful in its own way.
"
Karathis wrote:

To add to what Cendrake said, pure caster weapons (wands and sceptres) can have the best rolls and the most powerful mods (+ to all spell skill gems and Shaper's +% elemental damage as extra chaos damage), but there are also useful implicits on some non-caster (swords) or hybrid caster (daggers) weapons. I personally prefer wands. Just know you can only pair a wand with a shield or another wand, while you can pair any other two 1-hand weapon types together.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Sep 21, 2019, 2:28:03 PM
Hey Enki can you explain how the brand wave set up works do i have to cast brand to blind or does it cast on its own also what does wave do in the set up? You also have 3 goelms in your pob but how do we summon 3 thought uber lab gives us 2 golems? When buying a inpulsa armor what do we go for first the life or shock damage?
Last edited by Bezmageddon on Sep 21, 2019, 4:55:57 PM
"
Bezmageddon wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Enki can you explain how the brand wave set up works do i have to cast brand to blind or does it cast on its own also what does wave do in the set up? You also have 3 goelms in your pob but how do we summon 3 thought uber lab gives us 2 golems? When buying a inpulsa armor what do we go for first the life or shock damage?

1. We don't have any brand wave... but the setup you speaking about is used by Cast When dmg taken - it launch 2 skills with BLIND support, so reduce enemy hit chance on us - one of defensive mechanics
2. Check passive skills - there is a nod to let us use 2nd Golem. Uber Lab gives us 3rd golem (this node was taken during story, or very early in end game passives)
3. Focuse on having at least 70life, and 40%+ increased dmg. We need as much life as possible, but as we constantly shock enemies, the dmg increase (+our life steal from spells) will help even more.
"
Bezmageddon wrote:

To fill in some extra information on what zeratul already gave.
1: CWDT will indeed cast the spells for you. Brand is mainly to proc the blind. Wave of conviction is there to reduce the lightning resistance of the monsters you hit with it by 25%. Effectively increasing your damage that way.
2: Nothing to add here.
3: You actually would prefer a high effect of shock over the increased damage if you've shocked recently. This is because the effect of shock is a multiplicative damage increase, while the increased damage is only additive with all the other increased damage effects you have. So effect of shock increases your damage more. (look up more damage versus increased damage if you want more information on this topic, Engineered Eternity probably has a good explanation video on this.)
HOLY DAMN just chancing a six sockets Sadist Garb into Inpulsa in SSf WOOHOO!!!
Gotta make it six linked now though.
Thanks Enki for keep updating the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info