Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Séika wrote:
Hey, thanks for the great build, I'm having loooots of fun with it.

Currently contemplating getting a 5L- Inpulsas. What gem would I drop from the 6L Setup? I'm not really sure which would lose the least amount of dps.

Thanks for the answer!

Drop Hypothermia until you get a 6L. Inpulsa's is cheap enough this league that you might as well buy 2 and wear a 5L one while you spam orbs of fusing on the second one until you get the 6L. If possible, get Hillock to captain rank in fortification so you can get 28% (I think) quality on the Inpulsa's; that should definitely help reduce the number of fusings you'll need to get that 6L.
"
Hologram_o wrote:
"
Diabolis66 wrote:
Hello Enki, thank you for a great build and work you have put into it. One question regarding POB. How accurately it works with your build when comparing different support gems? For example, for my currrent character, it calculates dps gain by switching increased crit to controlled desctruction. Thanks

Enki's setup means you'd want as much crit chance as possible, hence he uses the gem Increased Critical Strikes Support. Running Controlled Destruction will give some more DPS, but your crit chance becomes moot now. You want Arc to crit as often as possible, to proc ailment (in this case Shock) and enemies take even more dmg from shock effects.

Yeah, I understand the logic behind gem setup. The question was aimed at POB accuracy. Not only to compare gem setups but also item setups (for example one weapon has slightly higher cast speed than other but slightli lower crit multi - you want to compare them before you start crafting on them).
"
Diabolis66 wrote:
"
Hologram_o wrote:
"
Diabolis66 wrote:
Hello Enki, thank you for a great build and work you have put into it. One question regarding POB. How accurately it works with your build when comparing different support gems? For example, for my currrent character, it calculates dps gain by switching increased crit to controlled desctruction. Thanks

Enki's setup means you'd want as much crit chance as possible, hence he uses the gem Increased Critical Strikes Support. Running Controlled Destruction will give some more DPS, but your crit chance becomes moot now. You want Arc to crit as often as possible, to proc ailment (in this case Shock) and enemies take even more dmg from shock effects.

Yeah, I understand the logic behind gem setup. The question was aimed at POB accuracy. Not only to compare gem setups but also item setups (for example one weapon has slightly higher cast speed than other but slightli lower crit multi - you want to compare them before you start crafting on them).

PoB is mostly quite accurate for gems, but you have to properly configure the applicable buffs. For example, you need to check the "enemy is chilled" option for it to show you the extra damage Hypothermia grants us. You can toggle most of our buffs (e.g. arcane surge, flask effects) very easily to see how the damage stacks up.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of two types of conditional damage PoB doesn't account for. The first is a biggie, Unleash Support. We absolutely get a significant boost to burst damage from that gem (and still a notable boost to sustained DPS) that PoB doesn't show. They really should add an option for sustained DPS with Unleash. According to my calculations, level 20 Unleash gives about 30% more sustained DPS, so you'd want to multiply PoB's DPS by 1.3 to see the real number.

Shock is the only other thing I can think of that PoB just isn't capable of calculating accurately, unless you have your shock effect capped, which is very difficult this league because of the nerf to Beacon of Ruin. Assuming you don't have it capped, then, checking the box in PoB will artificially inflate your Shaper DPS. There's a formula you can use to manually calculate extra damage from shock; I think Enki has it listed in his guide somewhere, or you can look at my posting history (I laid it out in detail about 10 posts ago).

Regarding equipment and mods, for our purposes, PoB should be very accurate, so tinker away. From what I can recall right now, increased effect of shock is the only mod that wouldn't be reflected in your total PoB DPS.
Hi, I'm new to the game but I'm loving the guide so far. Currently fighting the final boss in Act 5. I feel like I'm destroying mobs but when it comes to bosses I might be lacking a little bit in damage? Do you guys think I'm missing something in gems or is it mostly just due to lack of good gear?
"
SauceyKay wrote:
Hi, I'm new to the game but I'm loving the guide so far. Currently fighting the final boss in Act 5. I feel like I'm destroying mobs but when it comes to bosses I might be lacking a little bit in damage? Do you guys think I'm missing something in gems or is it mostly just due to lack of good gear?

You've gotta make your profile public so we can view your character.
"
StormHUN wrote:
Greetings!

First of all thank you very much for this amazing guide! I'm a bit new to the game so for now I have to take your word for the choices. :) I have a few questions though:

1; Why bother making Lightning warp (ironically the slowest elemental tp) fast using 3 supports, instead of using Frostblink (since build benefits from chill) and then it can be buffed with more useful supports?

2; I personally don't like the heavy dependency on flasks. I'm not having insane reflexes and am new to this game as well so if I wanted to make it less dependent on using the right flask in the right fragment of second, how would I go about it?

3; I'm trying to wrap my head around the Passive choices. We are going pretty far away for Devotion, Heartseeker and Herbalism, while ignoring nearby Static Blows. Is this really a good tradeoff?

Thanks in advance,
Storm

1. Frostblink is terrible because of the cooldown. You'd be way better off with flame dash, even. But despite its inherent flaws and the investment required to optimize it, lightning warp is still the fastest option now. Any other movement skill will either have a cooldown, which is not acceptable for a primary movement skill, or requires lots of increased attack speed to be as good as LW. The tradeoffs for getting that much attack speed are just too steep this league.

Also, you can use wands with LW. Until you have the currency to multimod tiger hooks, I would look for two profane wands with at least 17% increased cast speed each, not including the implicits. That will have a noticeable impact on your movement speed. Also, make sure your boots have AT LEAST 30% increased movement speed and that you get yourself a helm with Enki's recommended enchantment. If you watch the videos he just put up, you can see that it is very possible to get LW to a place where it's extremely fast.

Of course, we must accept that we'll never achieve the movement speed of, say, a duelist using an optimized leap slam setup. We compensate to achieve amazing clear speed by instantly blowing up screenfuls of enemies with arc and orb of storms.

2. I would say this build is actually less dependent on flasks than most other builds. With the life and mana leech we get in this build, it is absolutely possible to clear most maps without even touching a flask. However, flasks are really powerful in this game, so literally any build you can think of is going to benefit from flasks, if not be outright reliant on them.

It took me about two leagues of playing to start using my flasks efficiently. You have to think about it a little at first, but it becomes second nature once you get it down. And it makes a HUGE difference. If you can learn to always hit your 2-3 offensive flasks right before you clear a mob, you will be dramatically increasing your clear speed with almost no investment. Since you get flask charges from killing enemies, it's basically a free, self-sustaining damage engine (except for single-target). Point of story: USE YOUR FLASKS!

3. I'm sure Enki's reasoning is sound. We will have to wait for him to comment on the particulars of your question.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Jun 20, 2019, 5:49:02 PM
Thank you for the build.

I have attempted to mimic what I see in videos and have attempted to read what is listed here as well in relation to the following question:

Could someone provide a clear rotation to use for leveling and a rotation to use while in the upper 60-90 levels?

While leveling, spamming arc has done me quite well, I want to get used to the actual rotation I will use at higher levels. Any info helps.

Thank you.

PS. If I have missed a section or mention that clearly details this, I apologize.
I got some huuuge problems with mana! Im always out of mana and i have continously to use the flask in order to survive. I often find myself in the middle of a group of mobs attacking me, without mana, so without escape possibility.

Am I the only one having problems with mana?

I think i have a decent gear, at least decent to run t1 and t2 maps. But sometimes i die so fast because of mana regen. The passive tree is 1 to 1 with the one on PoB...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
"
I got some huuuge problems with mana! Im always out of mana and i have continously to use the flask in order to survive. I often find myself in the middle of a group of mobs attacking me, without mana, so without escape possibility.

Am I the only one having problems with mana?

I think i have a decent gear, at least decent to run t1 and t2 maps. But sometimes i die so fast because of mana regen. The passive tree is 1 to 1 with the one on PoB...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

you always out of mana due to "mind over matter" passive skills (30% of the damage that would be inflicted on the character's life is deducted from mana instead). if without it, you'll die straight away.

one way is not to warp directly into sea of mobs. warp to a distance that enough for you to cast arc on the mobs.

also, if you've have been following enki's guide, one thing he did mention is getting 3.5k hp before start mapping. not necessarily but it helps.
why doesn't the build tell you to buy wrath and put it in sooner, or at all?

im trying to follow the build can someone look at my profile and give me some tiops"? its called enkisarcwitchpatchpob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info