[3.8] Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner & SSF-friendly Lightning Caster - All Content & Mapmods

"
Bazorg_2 wrote:
Sorry didn't even realize it was private, but now it's public.


Spoiler
First things that I noticed are your boots, belt, rings and amulet.

Try to get boots that provide ES. Same goes for your belt: Only 1 res type on it, very low life roll and 0 ES. Not good. That slot can do a lot more for you. The "25% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills" that you crafted on it, does absolutely nothing for you (Arc isn't an Attack Skill, it's a Spell).

That unique amulet really isn't something you should be using anymore.

Obviously, your daggers could be upgraded. That's painful and expensive if you want to craft them yourself. You might find something mediocre + cheaper on the market tho that's suiting the build and better than the Heartbreakers.

Your rings don't look good to me either. You're probably carrying them with you since lvl 60 or so, right? Time to upgrade.

Your gloves are fine, I guess, but really only because of the trap mods. Otherwise they're not doing too much for you.

The eye jewel in your armor is utter trash. Sorry, but this can only be said blunt. It doesn't have a single desirable mod on it. You might as well have an empty slot there.

Do you have any source for cold damage to spells to make Hypothermia work properly? I couldn't find anything. If you don't, then you must either get an eye jewel that has Cold damage to spells or find a ring that give you cold damage.

You might also want to upgrade to an Inpulsa, if possible. I think it really does a lot for this build. Every time I switch to it, I'm surprised how much better it feels. Fairly expensive of course.

You're using the diadem, so you can respec the 3 points from Sovereignty. And why did you pick those 3 Mana nodes after Mind over Matter? We don't need that Mana at all. That's 6 skill points you could invest into something way better. If you have enough Energy Shield and can sustain it, you can even drop Zealot's Oath and Ethereal Feast, if you have enough dexterity from gear, you can also drop Agility and Alacrity, and then you can use all those points for nodes that enhance your damage (take a look at the tree from L3thvl, WorderMostFoul or mine). Lightning Walker, Breath of Lightning, Dark Arts are really good options.

That's the very first thing I would do, if I was you: Respec the 3 points from Sovereignty and those 3 Mana nodes after MoM. Invest them into Breath of Lightning and Lightning Walker. Et voila... that should be a few thousand more dps, lots of Shock effect and some lightning resistance in just a couple of mouse clicks.

Then upgrade your gear. Belt, amulet, rings, boots + an eye jewel with cold damage to spells.

How much life and ES do you have right now and what do your resistances look like? I still don't know how to load sony account characters into PoB, so I can't look myself
Last edited by Cendrake on May 27, 2019, 5:45:44 PM
Dude, Enki, you rule for all the support on this. I like how passionate you are about this stuff. One more question if you don't mind (and anyone else). What about swapping out hypothermia for added lightning damage? It seems like a big dps boost. Or are we using hypo, for reasons I am not seeing?

Thanks again
"
Dude, Enki, you rule for all the support on this. I like how passionate you are about this stuff. One more question if you don't mind (and anyone else). What about swapping out hypothermia for added lightning damage? It seems like a big dps boost. Or are we using hypo, for reasons I am not seeing?

Thanks again

With all due respect, read the guide again. There's a detailed explanation in probably both the gems section and the FAQ section (at this point).

So as not to be totally unhelpful, you get the "more" damage multiplier from hypothermia when you hit a chilled target, which you can guarantee by including somewhere in the build as little as 1 cold damage added to spells. If you use PoB damage calculations instead of tooltip, you'll see it's way more damage.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on May 28, 2019, 11:16:11 AM
Hello fellow Arc Witches!

As legion is upon us I've decided to come back and try to make my Arc witch more optimal and progress with synthesis challenges. Currently, I'm level 90 and having toughness problem more specific I'm having resource regen problems when encountering hard maps.

These are my items:






Here is my Skill tree

I Would love to get any helping comments about my build and/or itemization.

P.S
Currently I'm the verge of making a new multimoded Sai, so if you have any tips for crafting one with more ease I would love to hear about it.

Last edited by darkwolf004 on May 29, 2019, 5:56:00 AM
What about the new changes to Immortal Call?
"
Cendrake wrote:
"
Bazorg_2 wrote:
Sorry didn't even realize it was private, but now it's public.


Spoiler
First things that I noticed are your boots, belt, rings and amulet.

Try to get boots that provide ES. Same goes for your belt: Only 1 res type on it, very low life roll and 0 ES. Not good. That slot can do a lot more for you. The "25% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills" that you crafted on it, does absolutely nothing for you (Arc isn't an Attack Skill, it's a Spell).

That unique amulet really isn't something you should be using anymore.

Obviously, your daggers could be upgraded. That's painful and expensive if you want to craft them yourself. You might find something mediocre + cheaper on the market tho that's suiting the build and better than the Heartbreakers.

Your rings don't look good to me either. You're probably carrying them with you since lvl 60 or so, right? Time to upgrade.

Your gloves are fine, I guess, but really only because of the trap mods. Otherwise they're not doing too much for you.

The eye jewel in your armor is utter trash. Sorry, but this can only be said blunt. It doesn't have a single desirable mod on it. You might as well have an empty slot there.

Do you have any source for cold damage to spells to make Hypothermia work properly? I couldn't find anything. If you don't, then you must either get an eye jewel that has Cold damage to spells or find a ring that give you cold damage.

You might also want to upgrade to an Inpulsa, if possible. I think it really does a lot for this build. Every time I switch to it, I'm surprised how much better it feels. Fairly expensive of course.

You're using the diadem, so you can respec the 3 points from Sovereignty. And why did you pick those 3 Mana nodes after Mind over Matter? We don't need that Mana at all. That's 6 skill points you could invest into something way better. If you have enough Energy Shield and can sustain it, you can even drop Zealot's Oath and Ethereal Feast, if you have enough dexterity from gear, you can also drop Agility and Alacrity, and then you can use all those points for nodes that enhance your damage (take a look at the tree from L3thvl, WorderMostFoul or mine). Lightning Walker, Breath of Lightning, Dark Arts are really good options.

That's the very first thing I would do, if I was you: Respec the 3 points from Sovereignty and those 3 Mana nodes after MoM. Invest them into Breath of Lightning and Lightning Walker. Et voila... that should be a few thousand more dps, lots of Shock effect and some lightning resistance in just a couple of mouse clicks.

Then upgrade your gear. Belt, amulet, rings, boots + an eye jewel with cold damage to spells.

How much life and ES do you have right now and what do your resistances look like? I still don't know how to load sony account characters into PoB, so I can't look myself


Hey thanks for your reply and help, yeah I'm trying to upgrade to impulsa, it's just too expensive, and it doesn't want to drop either after days of farming. The mana nodes I remember seeing them in one build don't and forgot to refund them, dex nodes still need them. My stats are str 187 int 388 dex 137, life 3236 es1385, fire 75%(100%) cold75%(92) lightning75%(126) chaos-60%. The amulet is only for the cold res, the daggers I had them forever, and I want to upgrade my rings, belt, amulet, and boots but I'm awful at crafting. I have two sai to craft but not the ex to do so, I also have conjurer and sorcerer elder boots but I don't know how to properly craft them.
"
darkwolf004 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello fellow Arc Witches!

As legion is upon us I've decided to come back and try to make my Arc witch more optimal and progress with synthesis challenges. Currently, I'm level 90 and having toughness problem more specific I'm having resource regen problems when encountering hard maps.

These are my items:






Here is my Skill tree

I Would love to get any helping comments about my build and/or itemization.

P.S
Currently I'm the verge of making a new multimoded Sai, so if you have any tips for crafting one with more ease I would love to hear about it.




1. Upgrade your daggers to recommended ones. Hope you know all your elemental damage to attack skills ist not affecting us (0dmg improve).
(my only tip for crafting, when you hit solo 16-20% ele to Chaos regal without augmentation Orb)
2.Gloves give very low energy and no life. Traps and faster casting is nice but survivability over dmg.
3.Helm is ok, only quite low life. on a Hubris Circlet you would get alot more ES.
4. Belt is ok. Good life, flask duration, and good ES. Only Resistances are low. but overall good.
5. Why stormfire when you have an Inpulsa? other jewelerry is ok.
6. Recource regen problems? Do you have more than 43% Energy shield than life? means 4k life need min. 1720 ES. When not your Energy shield captures all dmg and you have nuffin to leech from.



To Bazorg: dont try to get lucky for an Inpulsa drop. Buy one. Playin 6 months and it never dropped one. Buy one, 6 socket, 5L is ok for start.
Last edited by KosmoKarmajaeger on May 29, 2019, 3:20:22 PM
"
"
darkwolf004 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello fellow Arc Witches!

As legion is upon us I've decided to come back and try to make my Arc witch more optimal and progress with synthesis challenges. Currently, I'm level 90 and having toughness problem more specific I'm having resource regen problems when encountering hard maps.

These are my items:






Here is my Skill tree

I Would love to get any helping comments about my build and/or itemization.

P.S
Currently I'm the verge of making a new multimoded Sai, so if you have any tips for crafting one with more ease I would love to hear about it.




1. Upgrade your daggers to recommended ones. Hope you know all your elemental damage to attack skills ist not affecting us (0dmg improve).
(my only tip for crafting, when you hit solo 16-20% ele to Chaos regal without augmentation Orb)
2.Gloves give very low energy and no life. Traps and faster casting is nice but survivability over dmg.
3.Helm is ok, only quite low life. on a Hubris Circlet you would get alot more ES.
4. Belt is ok. Good life, flask duration, and good ES. Only Resistances are low. but overall good.
5. Why stormfire when you have an Inpulsa? other jewelerry is ok.
6. Recource regen problems? Do you have more than 43% Energy shield than life? means 4k life need min. 1720 ES. When not your Energy shield captures all dmg and you have nuffin to leech from.



First of all thanks for helping me understand better what I'm doing wrong rn.
1.Currently with new Dagger and maybe ill multimod 1 before league ends.
New dagger:

2.Yeah I've followed the buying guide and managed to buy what I could afford really missed some crucial stats there.
3.Just dropped a diadem so I'm switching to that right now, Should I go for aspect of the spider?
5. the sheer amount of end game rings selection made me a little indecisive, I know I should go for shaper ring and MoS but I cannot afford that rn...
6.Yes, I feel like bossing and more predominantly betrayal can 1shot me without a warning. No leech or flasks can help me and when im on low hp/shield without many portals I feel helpless and cannot even dps.
Last edited by darkwolf004 on May 29, 2019, 3:54:46 PM

To Bazorg: dont try to get lucky for an Inpulsa drop. Buy one. Playin 6 months and it never dropped one. Buy one, 6 socket, 5L is ok for start.

I'm trying but, exalts are also really really rare and prices on ps4 are astronomical sometimes you see inpulsa for 25 to 30 ex but there are some cheap one but still I only have one ex.
But hopefully I'll get more and is there somewhere I can check better craft my gear or something?
Last edited by Bazorg_2 on May 29, 2019, 4:57:41 PM
"
darkwolf004 wrote:
"
"
darkwolf004 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello fellow Arc Witches!

As legion is upon us I've decided to come back and try to make my Arc witch more optimal and progress with synthesis challenges. Currently, I'm level 90 and having toughness problem more specific I'm having resource regen problems when encountering hard maps.

These are my items:






Here is my Skill tree

I Would love to get any helping comments about my build and/or itemization.


P.S
Currently I'm the verge of making a new multimoded Sai, so if you have any tips for crafting one with more ease I would love to hear about it.




1. Upgrade your daggers to recommended ones. Hope you know all your elemental damage to attack skills ist not affecting us (0dmg improve).
(my only tip for crafting, when you hit solo 16-20% ele to Chaos regal without augmentation Orb)
2.Gloves give very low energy and no life. Traps and faster casting is nice but survivability over dmg.
3.Helm is ok, only quite low life. on a Hubris Circlet you would get alot more ES.
4. Belt is ok. Good life, flask duration, and good ES. Only Resistances are low. but overall good.
5. Why stormfire when you have an Inpulsa? other jewelerry is ok.
6. Recource regen problems? Do you have more than 43% Energy shield than life? means 4k life need min. 1720 ES. When not your Energy shield captures all dmg and you have nuffin to leech from.



First of all thanks for helping me understand better what I'm doing wrong rn.
1.Currently with new Dagger and maybe ill multimod 1 before league ends.
New dagger:

2.Yeah I've followed the buying guide and managed to buy what I could afford really missed some crucial stats there.
3.Just dropped a diadem so I'm switching to that right now, Should I go for aspect of the spider?
5. the sheer amount of end game rings selection made me a little indecisive, I know I should go for shaper ring and MoS but I cannot afford that rn...
6.Yes, I feel like bossing and more predominantly betrayal can 1shot me without a warning. No leech or flasks can help me and when im on low hp/shield without many portals I feel helpless and cannot even dps.



Largely agree with KosmoKarmajaeger.

ES looks really lacking on gear. That's the first thing I noticed that would affect your survivability. The gloves are great but not worth it because of the base type; ES isn't prioritized as a mod on most equipment; not a single rare jewel with ES. I would imagine you're getting screwed from running out of ES--aim for 45% of your total life to be comfortable with it (43% is bare minimum).

Multimodded daggers are the obvious next step for big damage boost. The crafting guide in the OP has all the tips you'll need! Definitely good call on the sai though, that can really help with defense.

GOOD call on devouring Diadem. Take back the passives, don't go for aspect of the spider! Use them to get to more life/ES nodes, if feasible (can't view entire skill tree on phone). Personally, I would look into swapping out blasphemy and Enfeeble for Zealotry and level 3+ enlighten. That will make your dps go up quite a bit and also synergizes amazingly well with your watcher's eye and your sulphur flask, allowing easy arcane surge buff, providing even more effective damage. I'm willing to bet that the increased security of killing faster will offset the loss of Enfeeble, especially against bosses.

This is specific to your gear, but you're currently wasting a socket by not taking advantage of faster attacks support in your rh dagger. I would stick WB in there and temporarily shelve the gem until you get another dagger. Shuffle around gems and recolor sockets as necessary to put SB setup in boots so you can add culling strike to the setup (really helpful for tough boss fights). By the time you get a second multimodded dagger, you'll be ready to ditch decoy totem and then you can put the faster attacks gem back in the setup.

Regarding Stormfire, just ditch it altogether. Unless that takes your resistances below max, I'd just get a cheap Mark of the Shaper--even without an Elder ring to accompany it, it's still a way better choice. If this messes with your resistances, you could get rare ring with as much resistance/ES/life as you can find, or you can do what I would do and replace your gloves with ones that have high ES and enough resists to make up for Stormfire. See if you can at least find one with faster casting, since the extra increased cast speed from that mod still helps buff your build at large.

Ultimately, the build's light on defenses this league, at the expense of some insane damage potential. At some point, you just have to max your damage out and practice being as nimble with WB as you can, because you WILL die if you're not good at dodging enemies.

Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info