Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Such a thorough guide. Really a good job there mate
So, you guys think this build is getting nerfed in 3.6?

I know they said all spells are getting reworked, and self casting too.
You think Arc will still be a decent league starter?
"
Beastly_DPS wrote:
So, you guys think this build is getting nerfed in 3.6?

I know they said all spells are getting reworked, and self casting too.
You think Arc will still be a decent league starter?

arc is getting nerfed, it's already confirmed

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ase5tb/all_aboard_the_hype_train/egtyjcu/

How big it's gonna be - who knows, lets wait for patchnotes
Maybe the nerf is gonna be completely mitigated by self-casting changes and new support gems
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Feb 24, 2019, 11:18:29 AM
First time POE player here. Left Diablo 3 and gave poe a chance. Thanks to this awesome guide i'll stay for sure. Because of Enkis guide i was able to:

Level up to 97
Kill Elder, Red Elder and Shaper
Eazy 159/159 map completion
36/40 League challenges

THANKS Enki!

Big Thanks also to the active members in this thread. Any tips for my char?
I like that you can set this build and leveling phase to your needs as well.

Got Malachai's ring today as drop with 100% for 1 res and liked the combo with non-Lightning skill so much. Melts bosses much faster, will make a good work for a while. Need to be careful as fugired out by practice not to have +Lightning dmg to Spells on any gear part though with that ring.
Last edited by Tusk_Luv on Feb 24, 2019, 4:25:08 PM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
arc is getting nerfed, it's already confirmed

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ase5tb/all_aboard_the_hype_train/egtyjcu/

How big it's gonna be - who knows, lets wait for patchnotes
Maybe the nerf is gonna be completely mitigated by self-casting changes and new support gems

Arc is getting nerfed, but self-cast is getting buffed. I’m guessing this build will be about similar in strength. The vast majority of Arc builds are mine/trap with only 22% currently self-cast (I’m pretty sure this number was much lower earlier). Of course, I’ve only been paying moderately attention so meh, could easily be wrong.
Arc is one of the staple POE skills that is very familiar to many players - GGG won't nerf it significantly and indeed that might be offset by self-casting buffs anyway.

My feeling is that they didn't like the fact that Arc dominated both self-cast ,CoC AND totems/traps/mines so by nerfing "base" arc and buffing self-cast they won't really affect this build but they intend to see more variety for the other cast options.

Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
If there is a sizable nerf to Arc, can someone suggest another fun powerful build that has a great guide as well, although I know no build guide will ever be as powerful and come close to this one.

Also, Since expense is no longer an issue with path of excile since currency is so easy to make, it doesn't matter if the build is expensive in the long-run as long as it's cheap in the beginning. Maybe a COC build guide?
I'm expecting the Arc nerf to be completely offset by those selfcast buffs, the nerf is just needed to bring Arc more in line or else it would once again be too strong with all this new stuff. A positive side effect is that everything non-selfcast will also lose some of its advantage.

It's likely going to be one or two things out of 10-20% reduced base damage, reduced more damage per chain or reduced chain count.

I've already planned for all possible changes and worked out a setup that will work great no matter what happens.
twitch.tv/enki91
@Enki91, you rock! Thanks alot for the very well written guide. I got so much insight because of this guide! Great stuff! I played my first SSF character based on your guide and it is/was so much fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info