[2.1] Berserking Reverse SWT Searing Bonder || The original Searing Bond Atziri killer

Well LGoH is an on-hit mechanic and it doesnt require any damage to be dealt to receive the health. This allows you to keep Ancestral Bond which in turn will allow you to drop Soul Mantle. This option lets your run SB + LW totem. You will have two Beams from SB as well with this set up. One to you and one to the LW totem. This set up also allows you to take advantage of a +2/+1 1h for ideal SB damage.

The other way would be to drop both ancestral bond and soul mantle and run a standard RF Cycloner with the addition of a weak SB totem.

I personally like the first idea more as its different and very uncommon. I am very partial to uncommon builds.
Given you're at melee range, could even throw in a low level CWDT with Ice Nova for some automatic EE. Dual Searing Bonds for the triangle of death with extra fire resistance when you're hit.

Edit: My bad, CWDT IN wouldn't work with Ancestral Bond.
Last edited by MushaConvoy on Jul 23, 2015, 12:24:39 AM
Whats your opinion of using
as a jewel in the build? Been using it for a while and it seems to be around 105 tooltip dmg per curse.
~3945 18/12/2023
I think curses on your character and to inconsistent to want to use it. Its fine when the resistance debuffs are on you when you meet the build's resist cap but once anything else hits you will be clearing the slate losing all that damage.

Probably best using points someplace else IMO
"
Kartikdon wrote:
I think curses on your character and to inconsistent to want to use it. Its fine when the resistance debuffs are on you when you meet the build's resist cap but once anything else hits you will be clearing the slate losing all that damage.

Probably best using points someplace else IMO

I'll have to agree with Kartikdon on this. I tried that gem out for quite a few levels and while it was nice to have that increased DPS when all the curses were applied I wasn't a fan of the inconsistency. I've opted to just go with a flat damage increase especially since I'm not fully resistance capped yet.

yup those rare jewels are better. I am running 3 jewels in my passive three that are totem life + Totem Damage + Totem Resistance. These really make a difference in keeping your totems tanky.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jul 24, 2015, 11:03:16 PM
This looks really funny. I think I'd use knives/scepter for Fortify/Whirling Blades myself but I've always wanted to do something with searing bond other than level. Great job on the build idea!

Does your clear speed drop too much ditching Soul Mantle for say, Cloak of Flame? With prices for Lightning Coil I'd probably never get one so exploring other defensive options.
Soul Mantle can be swapped out if you are not doing atziri or facing a boss with a large amount of adds. If you drop soul mantle you are limited to two totems so your trash mob clearing speed would be far less as well. Also you would be positioning SB a lot more to clear single targets.
This build seems so fun I just gotta try it!

However, Kartikdon's original posts's gem links are outdated and in the latest post he says he's not using the correct links (I wonder about that Frenzy for instance).

I'm starting a new character now and it would be great to know which gems to collect and how to link them. If anybody could update with this, it would be super!

EDIT: If I could get a 5-link Soul Mantel, what would be the links for that?

Thank you!

Last edited by Bizze79 on Jul 26, 2015, 5:05:41 PM
Has anyone tried to use Windscream with this build? No life, but resists and a third curse. You could use vulnerability which increases damage over time, and SB is damage over time if I understand this correctly. Probably should multiply and give 25% more damage?

Also, has anyone tried curse on hit in Soul Mantle? Setup could be:

Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Elemental Weakness - (Reduced Duration)

Depending on how many links you have. Or are the totems not tanky enough then?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info