[2.1] Berserking Reverse SWT Searing Bonder || The original Searing Bond Atziri killer

"
Harrrison wrote:
@Kartikdon Great guide! I have a quick question for you. Since the changes to Reduced Mana how it doesn't work with auras would it be worth it to use Enlighten in the place of Red Mana? Haven't been playing this game that long but a friend said it might be useful. Thanks

The problem with the enlighten gem is that a lvl 3 enlighten currently goes for about 8-9 exalt. Not exactly a budget option.

Other than that, yes, sceptres are much easier to color for those on a budget. Unfortunately did not think about that before buying the wand, and then just went ahead coloring it.

I am currently working a bit on the skill tree to see if it is not possible to squeeze a bit more out of it.

Question here, the only necessary auras are Clarity and Purity of Elements, right?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
wands are great as they provide the most damage boost so you didn't waste your currency on a wand. Slap in a frenzy gem to an open green socket and you now have 12% MORE damage to you SB.

Like Char1983 said, enlighten will never be an option unless you are in standard and grinding for the rest of your life. I beleive its 1.2 billion exp to reach level 3? so imagine level 10. Also level 7+ requires character level 100 to use.

The only truly required aura is clarity.

Purity of Elements can be dropped once you manage to take care of your own person resists with gear. Purity of Elements in the past was used to buff totem defense. Now you can stack +% all resistance to totem gems to near cap them and with endurance charges according to the wiki page we should have capped totem resistance in merc.

Clartiy + purity of XXXXX or AA are all good the swap in and out depending on map mods.

Purity of XXXXX for maps where mobs are +% more damage as an element
I run AA on maps with temp chains or even chilled ground where its mostly phys damage because its more likely you will get caught casting.

Just swap that aura slot as needed.
Build truly is quite budget friendly and effective. Thank you for the guide. Why do we use the Less Duration gem in the Soul Mantle?
I like this build, really warp totem is fun but i want to get it to blood magig, so i drop the nodes from mana and curses and go to something like this

Warp searing blood magic

i take ideas from this build and some tips from another one
"
Kartikdon wrote:
wands are great as they provide the most damage boost so you didn't waste your currency on a wand. Slap in a frenzy gem to an open green socket and you now have 12% MORE damage to you SB.

Hm. Because frenzy now gives %damage? True. But the scaling will probably be not very large, since the totems don't use attack and cast speed, except for the warping ones. Might try.

"
Kartikdon wrote:
Like Char1983 said, enlighten will never be an option unless you are in standard and grinding for the rest of your life. I beleive its 1.2 billion exp to reach level 3? so imagine level 10. Also level 7+ requires character level 100 to use.

Enlighten does not get beyond level 3, level 4 requires luck when corrupting.

"
Kartikdon wrote:

...which is the reason why I also thought about the possibility to go Blood Magic. The build idea I pulled up was very similar to the one you propose. The benefit is that you can get more totem nodes. I would still go for dual curse though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Braxxus wrote:
Build truly is quite budget friendly and effective. Thank you for the guide. Why do we use the Less Duration gem in the Soul Mantle?
the reason is so that the lightning totems cast warp faster, giving them greater mobility and survivability, the problem obviously being that it also decreases the time the totem is out, so you have to balance it, so you probably shouldn't level it past 10 or so I think.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

...which is the reason why I also thought about the possibility to go Blood Magic. The build idea I pulled up was very similar to the one you propose. The benefit is that you can get more totem nodes. I would still go for dual curse though.

Not being Blood Magic lets you take advantage of Mind over Matter, though, which is something that can't be overlooked imo. It's extremely strong for just a single point, given how much mana we are already getting to keep up with totem costs. I am also stacking as much Int as I can, since having a fat ES pool in addition to MoM puts my life globe in a much more comfortable position.

Currently, L18 Clarity + Discipline gives me 552 mana unreserved / 116.5 mana regen (both of which will definitely go higher), and it works just fine. I feel much safer with it now than I did before, so I'd strongly recommend it if you aren't using it.
had a few people message me about Flame Dash over LW.

LW >>>> Flame Dash

Reasons:

1) LW self-procs EE providing much higher damage bonus vs mobs that count
2) Flame Surge has charges. This means the totems will zoom around 3 times and after that they just sit around until a charge generates significantly dropping mobility. LW does not have this problem.
progression trees are up. Hopefully I didn't jack them up to bad :) Did them in a haste

Still not quite sure on what I want for my extra links and CWDT set ups. Leaning towards getting a +1 curse jewel so we can double curse reducing flame damage and enfeeble at the same time.

edit: added a small scepter/wands/daggers bit
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jul 31, 2015, 11:38:44 AM
What is the reasoning behind not taking "Totemic Zeal", when it's only 1 point away from the other two that were taken?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info