[2.1] Berserking Reverse SWT Searing Bonder || The original Searing Bond Atziri killer

@VirtuousSphinx

I dont think the staff route is worth it.

The wiki states:

"
Fire damage dealt over time by the beams is considered burning damage, and therefore benefits from increased burning damage modifiers. The damage of the beams is also affected by increased fire, elemental, and totem damage passives, as well as damage over time modifiers. However increased spell damage modifiers do not. It also works with the support gem Increased Burning Damage.
Searing Bond does not hit, so "on hit" and "on crit" effects never apply. This includes Fire Penetration which has no effect on Searing Bond damage

So Iron Will won't help and neither will Fire Penetration. Searing bond is happily a skill that really only requires a 3 link.
"
jealkeja wrote:
@VirtuousSphinx

I dont think the staff route is worth it.

The wiki states:

"
Fire damage dealt over time by the beams is considered burning damage, and therefore benefits from increased burning damage modifiers. The damage of the beams is also affected by increased fire, elemental, and totem damage passives, as well as damage over time modifiers. However increased spell damage modifiers do not. It also works with the support gem Increased Burning Damage.
Searing Bond does not hit, so "on hit" and "on crit" effects never apply. This includes Fire Penetration which has no effect on Searing Bond damage

So Iron Will won't help and neither will Fire Penetration. Searing bond is happily a skill that really only requires a 3 link.

Hmmm, thanks for the info, I didn't know that Penetration doesn't affect 'static' damage sources like that. It's not much of a loss anyways, since I can then use a Shield for more defense or dual-wield Sceptres for more damage.
Jealkeja is correct.

Searing bond only benefits from inc. burning damage and empower. A +2 fire gem +1 all gem scepter/wand/dagger will warrant the greatest damage boost for searing bond. Even more then The Searing Touch.

I just hit A3M with this build, started the warp/searing bond in A1M. Can I see what gear you guys are rolling? This build is really fun and has a lot of action for being based on totems.
This is what I dropped Atziri with - due to horrible RNG im still waiting on replacing some gear so some links are a bit off. I dont want to waste the chromes coloring them since trying to roll blues on pure armour gear will run me a good amount.

Last edited by Kartikdon on Jul 19, 2015, 12:14:19 PM
I figure I'd be better off asking this here:

If the Fire Penetration support gem doesn't work with Bond, what about the Penetration on Heart of Flame and Celestial Judgment? I'm assuming they don't work either?
correct
Was thinking about something to uprgrade your build.

Is Flame dash spell totems works ? If so, you can forget your reduced duration, and put increase burning damage on it. That will increase your dps, and make your totems last longer
I thought about that when the Flame Dash first came out but there is huge negative.

We would have to drop EE since totems proc EE. Loosing -50% to the enemies resistances is a huge loss. Even if both burning grounds could stack it would not be enough with the -50% damage from spell totem. Increased burning damage could not overcome this difference. It may kill trash a little faster but its a loss when it matters.

Lightning warp totems are mobile, but their main role is to proc EE. Duration is really not an issue once you get all the totem duration nodes. Very few fights last long enough to need it and those that do, like atziri, the totems wont last the full 13 seconds anyways.

tldr: LW totems are still much better then Flame Dash Totems
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jul 19, 2015, 11:59:05 PM
Ive started using this build, was doing the bro-totem SB in 1.3 and it was pretty good. That used Ice Nova traps to trigger EE, this sounds a lot better, but Im struggling with a few things.

- Less Duration -
Why? Wouldnt it be better for the Warp totems to stay out longer warping around the enemies? I'm only lev45 so no Soul Mantle, but wouldn't Less Duration mean more curses inflicted?

- Increased Duration -
Any reason not to add this to the Searing Bond totem if not the others?

- Chaos Golem -
Doing a great job of triggering EE at the moment, for most bosses I havent bothered with Warp, just thrown out two SB for the triangle of death.

- Item Rarity -
Gear a few posts above has this on the Warp totem, does that only apply to the Warp damage or the Searing linked to it? Ive currently got mine with SB:

- Resistances -
I rarely see builds with Chaos resistances, how do you go in Merciless with the -60% penalty?

Malachai is a bastard :(
Last edited by MushaConvoy on Jul 20, 2015, 10:56:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info