Standard Low Level Arena Free For All (Test 004)

"
TwentyB wrote:
Qarl, are you guys aware that lvl 28 premade PvP characters can't enter the Sarn Arena?

Yes one of the daily missions is to go to sarn arena. It says you can do this quest with a pvp only character, but um you can't?
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
"
Emiliania wrote:
Definitely everyone who was winning was just spawn-raping and then by the time you could resurrect, it went to a new arena.

Maybe you could have people spawn at more places on the map or just spawn fewer people per instance -- 5 people spawning at once at a given door doesn't seem right.
Everyone spawned in at gates, and got camped by traps/nado shot archers/the guy who won (firestorm).

I waited till it was clear then ran; this only worked some of the time. Also the chilled + curse on hit temp chains just destroyed people.

Had some buggy stuff with respawns and leaving areas before they were done.

Props to Khaiss for doing work with cast on death.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
edit: never mind :D... sorry
btw: it was ok but spawn killing rekt all the fun
Last edited by Haote on Dec 18, 2014, 7:31:49 PM
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
Free for all needs work

Several times i had to log because i was dead and it wouldn't send me to another instance.

I zoned out of full arenas several times, and zoned into empty ones twice.

And last of all getting Mowed Over and instantly killed by flicker strike dual strike shadows 10 at a time is alot less fun than one at a time.

Yeah that flicker strike guy was insane. I was on Willy's stream last night and Greendude was complaining that GGG nerfed flicker and that it's useless now. Wow, that couldn't be more wrong, almost instantly kills you and he can pretty much spam it, stun locking you if you're not immune. Also desyncs you like crazy. I died quickly plenty of times, but flicker strike seemed like the most BS one.
Woot! Got 1st place. ^.^

Alright. So. It was really buggy. Failed to join instance all the time. The during the "rebalancing" switch, you sometimes respawn without full HP/MP/Pots. Also, if you were in the middle of casting something (like an aura), you'd spawn without that aura, but that mana taken away. On one occasion, the rebalancing didn't happen, and I was stuck in an arena without anyone in it. (Solved this by relogging and requeuing.) If you had auras up, you'd enter the area with auras still up.

In terms of things that could improve the quality of play, many others like myself decided that shooting at or leaving traps at the spawn locations was the best way to get points. And, hey, it works. Perhaps make more spawn locations to reduce the amount of spawn camping?

Other than that, it was very fun! Great job GGG!~
THAT WAS AWESOME

1-2 second invincibility grace period is all you need to fix the spawn-camping. This will also encourage people to bunch up near the middle of the map so they dont get ganked at the entrances by invincible newcomers.

Lots of bugs related to respawning (no flask refill, leaderboard popping up at terrible times, not respawning at all) but I'm sure you guys are working on these.

Is it intended that people get credits for kills via Cast on Death? Just asking.
"
TwentyB wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
Free for all needs work

Several times i had to log because i was dead and it wouldn't send me to another instance.

I zoned out of full arenas several times, and zoned into empty ones twice.

And last of all getting Mowed Over and instantly killed by flicker strike dual strike shadows 10 at a time is alot less fun than one at a time.

Yeah that flicker strike guy was insane. I was on Willy's stream last night and Greendude was complaining that GGG nerfed flicker and that it's useless now. Wow, that couldn't be more wrong, almost instantly kills you and he can pretty much spam it, stun locking you if you're not immune. Also desyncs you like crazy. I died quickly plenty of times, but flicker strike seemed like the most BS one.

I feel like I have a chance against any other build. Except that summoner with the animated guadian from hell.

I really don't think I'm dying any slower than before the nerf.

Edit: how about a cool down? like every other movement skill in the game?
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Dec 18, 2014, 7:38:27 PM
"
Fightgarr wrote:
THAT WAS AWESOME

1-2 second invincibility grace period is all you need to fix the spawn-camping. This will also encourage people to bunch up near the middle of the map so they dont get ganked at the entrances by invincible newcomers.

Lots of bugs related to respawning (no flask refill, leaderboard popping up at terrible times, not respawning at all) but I'm sure you guys are working on these.

Is it intended that people get credits for kills via Cast on Death? Just asking.

You saying 1-2 seconds after moving? That would be nice.

I'm also in favor of a whole bunch of entrances, spaced evenly around the arena, and having the arena be round instead of square for fairness.

One person would spawn at each entrance.

I also had the spawn bugs (namely being out HP, mana, and/or flask charges), along with being unable to respawn.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
I'm also in favor of a whole bunch of entrances, spaced evenly around the arena, and having the arena be round instead of square for fairness.

One person would spawn at each entrance.

This. Why not a colosseum style arena, with 32 (or 16 or w/e) spawn points dotted in doorways all around it? That would be epic looking, and thematic.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 18, 2014, 8:38:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info