[2.1] Ethereal Knives MF Build. Effectively >90k DPS, >20k EHP, 300 IIR, 43 IIQ, Triple Blasphemy

I've found that I don't need any enlighten gems to keep the same auras going as before due to the reduced mana reservations of auras in general. That said I am left with a bunch of empty red sockets in my equipment. I am tempted to fill them with Empower gems or maybe a flame golem. What are your thoughts?

Also, if you pick up Vaal Pact, does that make the quality effect of your life leech gem redundant?
I was wondering what golem would you use ?
This build has definitely not been nerfed, if anything it has been buffed.

I'm using the following build (build linked by OP minus some skill nodes due to lvl 86 plus three jewel slots). Note that I'm missing a 10% projectile damage node, this will be my next skillpoint:

Passive Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAx4GIwceDXwOSA-rES0RLxFQEZYWvxbzFy8ZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqh9BJIsmPCo4KwosnCymLR8vby-dMtE0CjW5N2ZEq0VHRnFJUUsKS65VrlXWXIpd8l9qYQZiWmTnaoxtGXC7e9d8g35Zf8aApIIQgwmExY8aj0aPpo_6kNaTJ5UglS6XBpmam7WhIqEvoqOi2acIpyupNLDYtAy1SLb3t9m-isBmwfPDOsSiyBTK09DQ2RPZW9-K35jfsOGI6QLquutj6-7sGPDV9Pj1b_ba-tL7Cf5J

I've slotted the following three quest reward jewels into the passive tree:
Jewels

Conqueror's Efficiency - for mana reduction and less EK mana cost
Poeacher's Aim - For projectile damage and pierce
Survival Skills - For Phys dmg (I'm gonna replace this first probably)

I'm currently at 6.052 ES, 24k DPS using Hatred + Haste + Discipline + lvl 18 Clarity (could use 20 probably) + Anger + Flame Golem
Gem Setup is EK - Faster Projectiles - Spell Echo - Item Rarity - Item Quantity (legacy gem).
Most of the gems are level 19 and Spell Echo is the only one with notable QUality on it so Damage could be much higher using a 6L with empower and lvl 21 gems
For example, I'm at 35k DPS using Empower + Faster Casting instead of Item Quantity / Item Rarity. By far not mana stable that way, however

I'm running hatred and clarity on a blood magic gem, the rest on the mana pool; no enlighten gem used.
I've removed the three Reduced Mana gems I had before and replaced two heralds by Anger, therefore I've got four free sockets. I've put Flame Golem + Empower + Enhance into my weapon simply as the colors fitted perfectly, I will probably replace that by something else sooner or later.

Here's my current gear:
Gear

Last edited by timmeey on Jul 13, 2015, 3:50:01 AM
to delete
Last edited by kupsegrzejnik on Jul 13, 2015, 8:42:18 PM
For those of you wondering what to do with the CWDT setup now that Enduring Cry no longer works with it, I have found a useful alternative.

I found that with the nerf to the clarity mana regen rate and the change to the skill tree mana regen nodes, I was constantly running of mana. I replaced Enduring Cry with Warlord's Mark which gives you life and mana leech as well as endurance charges for Immortal Call. To fill the blue socket, I used Cold Snap. With its 30% chance of freezing enemies, it can give you some breathing room. You could probably replace it with Frost Wall if you wanted. With Warlord's Mark, I no longer have any mana problems.
Last edited by Stygian_Inquirer on Jul 17, 2015, 7:18:58 PM
Thanks for the input everybody and sorry for not having updated the build so far!

As timmeey pointed out, the build definitely has not been nerfed. After minor adjustments to the tree and gem setup, I'm now running at 36k dps (using Fire Golem), with 7.5k ES, massive range due to Faster Projectiles, and full mana sustain.

I was pretty busy lately, but I'll try to post a first update tomorrow. But of course, helpful insights are appreciated anytime :)
i really think using blood magic helps a lot, u can get some life regen on scion and run vitality with the life regen gem as well(or spend more into templar if u dont want the increased damage taken). It also gives sinergy with the no mana reduced gem that gives 40-60 spell damage.
Also the es cluster near witch, by the top left, is much more efficient then getting the evasion/es nodes on shadow.
i have like 200% with around 90~ points invested wich helps early game, then u can just invest into damage, since the multiple auras carry u through early-mid maps. U can also drop a bit of proj speed since u can get them on jewels as well.
by lv 70 i got like this http://poeurl.com/ztcbI3U
the blood magic just gives too much efficiency, i can run like 7~ auras depending if i get the scion aura cluster and jewels

i also think u should aim to get more spell damage intead of anything else since u have a 30% multiplier, giving u 30% more efficiency on any spell damage node.
Bump. I've started to update the build to version 2.0. More updates will follow after I've had time to experiment a bit more.
this build is just amazing thx

its kinda comlicated tho haha
Last edited by Johnny21 on Jul 21, 2015, 10:16:46 PM
Have you considered other alternatives for CWDT?

I was thinking of trying CWDT (level 1) Ice Nova (level 1) Curse on Hit (Max level) Warlords Mark (Max level). I've tested it out and it does a pretty good job of keeping up curses. The only downside is you would have to socket IC elsewhere and manually cast it if you wanted to keep the gem.

Warlords would give you added leech and should help alot with sustaining mana drain, especially if you decide to go with faster casting. Just a thought.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info