[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

"
DrRaven900 wrote:
My dualist is level 90 and i think i will try your build too -) but i made some changes

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAvYGZKxXsuR2E2cqQZU29Nkd-73r2o6-nLOnK0xm0vqfTfhutSO54rj3iKaVOKluv3Q1i7LaKL8zBggUteu907YTvYEsyTo-ZBIfAv0CgXhOsrwz3qZXiLAkz0TYVIP4K2L01krXybqpKyD8nKk3kUWebrj534zwtxq63Pl8_FCDvDlBHeTl-4ho-8wb7qgY5JIs9D8T2UWD-VA3NK1AczoY7FPY6nVfid-V8u4Kb7SDvfDwFmjt82fcycqnAGlnzrKqQVRo4-tJmnoCkVdZk5xcv42oWbySq

And I think i can run Grace, Hatred and HoA.Before this update i did run 3 auras and i had like 160 mana left over -) I was with Hatred and HoA + PoL.. if i have mana left for 2 times to use the skill then ill manage with that -) with 2% mana leech it will be perfect... tell me what you think of the three

Interesting that you went the aura route... I certainly considered this, but it just seemed too point inefficient and instead I rather picked up more life and mace damage. 138% max life seems a little on the low side, but then again... hey, we are almost immortal :-) The damage you lose by the nodes could be made up for by the elemental ones and the huge clear speed boost by Herald of Ash. In my opinion, the damage boost HoA gives is only a slight extra, the main thing is the overkill damage and how you can kill whole packs with 1 blow. Obviously you should link it with reduced mana in Doryani's for the huge proliferation added feature.

Your tree seems solid enough, but depending on your skill I might have dropped some of the Amplify nodes, although I guess it really is a 50-50 whether you take them or not. I only found 1 problem, a pathing issue, where you could take 6% health and 10 strength instead of 2 x10 strength nodes near the Templar tree.

Thanks for the reply and please keep us updated because I am highly interested in hearing how the aura version works out.
Im at home ,just cant get my hands on catalyst and few gems that are needed..
IGN: BerserkCry LVL 91 / MoodyGod LVL 81
Ah.. i missed that -) thx and im thinking to go with Static Strike+Physical to Lightning+Multystrike+Inc area of affect/conc effect(i will swap those 2 when needed)
Now i just need one target skill to complete that .... ill swap static with that gem when im going for atziri.. im thinkin of heavy blow ? orrr ???
And im not going for the counter attack gems im satisfied with my setup so far just needed to think up a new tree that had 75 block and u did that -) thx mate :* :*
And Btw im still not going to set up the tree and items on my dualist cuz atm im havin fun with incinirate build xD
It's working out pretty well for me with the Shadow as well. I'll post my build and tree later but I can swap out some of the extra armor nodes b/c of the evasion. I'm currently sitting around 3000L/750ES, 14k armor, 28k dps with static, and maxed resists. I'll probably reduce the armor a bit and go for more life and dps. One problem I'm having since I'm using Physical to Lightning is lack of mana leech. Some of it will be improved with a few ring upgrades, but I am looking into how I can boost some regen/reduce cost.

Edit: It's pretty darn effective. I facetanked Piety on a 77 temple map with a full group and a full set of map mods.
Last edited by Gorilla0 on Dec 17, 2014, 4:09:00 PM
4200 hp
around 700 ES
DPS:
with static strike currently : 28k
molten strike: 32k

Screenshots and more info tommorow
IGN: BerserkCry LVL 91 / MoodyGod LVL 81
Build looks nice. I am doing a build fairly similar to this. I have finally settled on actually using Soul Taker. dps went way up from Dorynis I then speced out of the templar ele wheel and used the mauradar axe wheel...that took my dps up by 2k. All in all it seems to be a pretty comparable variant to you build so hopefully they both work out.

I'm so glad people have tried the build and it is working out for you guys! Great!

"
Ah.. i missed that -) thx and im thinking to go with Static Strike+Physical to Lightning+Multystrike+Inc area of affect/conc effect(i will swap those 2 when needed)
Now i just need one target skill to complete that .... ill swap static with that gem when im going for atziri.. im thinkin of heavy blow ? orrr ???
And im not going for the counter attack gems im satisfied with my setup so far just needed to think up a new tree that had 75 block and u did that -) thx mate :* :*
And Btw im still not going to set up the tree and items on my dualist cuz atm im havin fun with incinirate build xD

Yup, increased aoe/conc effect is another really good setup for static strike. The reason I'm not using it is because I like the flexibility of being able to switch at will to molten/lightning strike. It would be quite difficult to chrome those colours btw... Don't know if you know about this, but check this to see the best option: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26812683/VCC/calc.html .

About single target... Not sure, Molten strike would have been my suggestion but then increased AOE/conc effect are not all that useful... Most likely keeping static strike is simply the best. I'm really not sure, but I wouldn't go for heavy blow. It doesn't have much synergy with Doryani's.

And I really urge you to at least try Reckoning. As mentioned before, at level 75 it gives me 10k dps! And that is AOE dps! It is really amazing, and I think almost compulsory, but whether you want to use Vengeance and Riposte is up to you, I guess.

"
It's working out pretty well for me with the Shadow as well. I'll post my build and tree later but I can swap out some of the extra armor nodes b/c of the evasion. I'm currently sitting around 3000L/750ES, 14k armor, 28k dps with static, and maxed resists. I'll probably reduce the armor a bit and go for more life and dps. One problem I'm having since I'm using Physical to Lightning is lack of mana leech. Some of it will be improved with a few ring upgrades, but I am looking into how I can boost some regen/reduce cost.

Edit: It's pretty darn effective. I facetanked Piety on a 77 temple map with a full group and a full set of map mods.

Great! Those are good stats, just life seems a little low which can be a small problem against chaos damage and reeeeallly big hits. Good dps though.

About mana leech, I suggest you use the idea I mentioned using the counter attack gems. Don't spend points on reduced cost nodes. I'm using Vengeance + Mana leech + Added fire +conc effect and it works great. I very rarely run out of mana and use an auto attack and I have a mana flask just in case.

Looking forward to hear how it goes!
"
Lancelod1992 wrote:
4200 hp
around 700 ES
DPS:
with static strike currently : 28k
molten strike: 32k

Screenshots and more info tommorow

Those are good stats and live up to my claim of 30k dps quite easily, especially if you add in the counter attack gems (Reckoning alone in a 4l gives 10k dps!).

"
Build looks nice. I am doing a build fairly similar to this. I have finally settled on actually using Soul Taker. dps went way up from Dorynis I then speced out of the templar ele wheel and used the mauradar axe wheel...that took my dps up by 2k. All in all it seems to be a pretty comparable variant to you build so hopefully they both work out.

When I sort of theorycrafted this build a while ago, I thought soul taker would be ideal. And I still think it is really great, but I would make some changes definitely. Firstly, take full advantage of the no mana cost and use Cyclone or Dominating blow. Why am I not using a soul taker? Because I can't afford it :(((

I'm beginning to think it is tough to go wrong with this build and most variants will work extremely well, or better. I'd be interested to hear your stats though... Screenshot? Please include your level, items and class :-)
What do you think of this tree?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQABS0M9xXsKaUvzECgR35OKluvXhNgS2LsZU107XrvhNmE76mVrK-5Hb02vqfAv8GCivDEgrCrpMIUdU1GGNt08SFgAec26GSjGlVhIRRNGJG8n_xLYJFnWOSteTnp1Z7NpzB-4l8_Gj7vDhQgggfyQdIhz36tjdlhVw1R5uoYdqxBPyE0tC-exXzZ9zL-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPZyqYY7FPY6nSSL8wb7qgY5UWDEWPZIn8vYvf4Ktz7GrjwtPeLXy0xgo4ruDlb6I_ZNkhutSO53Uzs7Sn3jn4d2Z6D8xQ==

Another thing to note is that melee physical doesn't increase the damage of projectiles from lightning strike and molten strike. Also point blank adds pretty significant damage to molten strike projectiles, although I'm unsure if it is shown in the tool tip. Also unwavering is a good pick up since you have iron reflexes unless you're running vaal grace.

-edit- nvm, scratch that. with unwavering we don't get to make use of blind and molten isn't that great with a bor.
Last edited by MonsterMike636 on Dec 18, 2014, 1:46:08 AM
"
What do you think of this tree?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQABS0M9xXsKaUvzECgR35OKluvXhNgS2LsZU107XrvhNmE76mVrK-5Hb02vqfAv8GCivDEgrCrpMIUdU1GGNt08SFgAec26GSjGlVhIRRNGJG8n_xLYJFnWOSteTnp1Z7NpzB-4l8_Gj7vDhQgggfyQdIhz36tjdlhVw1R5uoYdqxBPyE0tC-exXzZ9zL-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPZyqYY7FPY6nSSL8wb7qgY5UWDEWPZIn8vYvf4Ktz7GrjwtPeLXy0xgo4ruDlb6I_ZNkhutSO53Uzs7Sn3jn4d2Z6D8xQ==

Another thing to note is that melee physical doesn't increase the damage of projectiles from lightning strike and molten strike. Also point blank adds pretty significant damage to molten strike projectiles, although I'm unsure if it is shown in the tool tip. Also unwavering is a good pick up since you have iron reflexes unless you're running vaal grace.

-edit- nvm, scratch that. with unwavering we don't get to make use of blind and molten isn't that great with a bor.

Well, I'm currently using Molten strike but as soon as I upgrade my pc I will be going over to static. The point you have about affecting the projectiles is a good one and that is why I was wanting to pick up some elemental nodes. The projectiles scale off the base damage, which is physical, though, don't they?

I have heard that Point Blank is a good node to take for Molten Strike. I haven't tried it, and I most likely won't since I want to switch to Static Strike soon.

Your tree seems very interesting and quite a bit tankier (more life), although I think you maybe underestimate the melee phys nodes. And yeah, drop unwavering. I almost never get stunned so there is no advantage to it. I would also like to hear which gives higher damage: 3% attack speed or 10% melee phys. I would go with melee phys even if it is quite close simply because of the higher counterattack damage and how attack speed is useless for them.

I encourage you to definitely try that tree :-)
Added a section to the guide about Map Mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info