[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

Updated my build's progress. Now doing level 75 maps while my duelist level 74... Doryani's is in sight!!!
I was looking at doing something similar from a Shadow perspective since my Acro/Block shadow is dead. Here's a test tree for my 82 shadow. Just looking at it I seem to be pretty close to your 111 point tree in terms of defenses. When I'm actually in game I'll take a look and make sure everything works out. Playing around with putting some points into eva+energy shield nodes.

Looking at using this gear plus Aegis. Ignore the socketed gems for now.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2GqM9W_IFBa_D6tTNZu1KaVOKluv3Q0s6RUgKk19W6xHUUzKSsM6UWBPfYBWBjkkiz0PxPY8Lcautz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg_J_uq8wa9NmVNvqcZtMrT4iwJM9E2fNn3MnKphNlHfsGCL8y2imLsBS1673TthO-srwz3qZXAv0CgXhNgSwSHMk6PmeRRZ5uuPnfjXz8UIO8OUEfyLxo-KS58uHk5fuLTfu969qOvpxutSO54rj3i_lQNzStQHM6GOxT2Op0=
"
Gorilla0 wrote:
I was looking at doing something similar from a Shadow perspective since my Acro/Block shadow is dead. Here's a test tree for my 82 shadow. Just looking at it I seem to be pretty close to your 111 point tree in terms of defenses. When I'm actually in game I'll take a look and make sure everything works out. Playing around with putting some points into eva+energy shield nodes.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2GqM9W_IFBa_D6tTNZu1KaVOKluv3Q0s6RUgKk19W6xHUUzKSsM6UWBPfYBWBjkkiz0PxPY8Lcautz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg_J_uq8wa9NmVNvqcZtMrT4iwJM9E2fNn3MnKphNlHfsGCL8y2imLsBS1673TthO-srwz3qZXAv0CgXhNgSwSHMk6PmeRRZ5uuPnfjXz8UIO8OUEfyLxo-KS58uHk5fuLTfu969qOvpxutSO54rj3i_lQNzStQHM6GOxT2Op0=

Seems like nice gear there and I am especially interested in how Doryani's Invitation will work out... Looking forward to hear about it. I really didn't think this build would be decent using a shadow, but I suppose since it works for Duelist, Marauder, Templar, Ranger and Scion, I don't see why not :-)

Just looked at your tree, doesn't seem to be great going shadow but it will certainly work :) Just not fully optimized, like a marauder or duelist imo. 1 thing though, I'm not sure why you picked up the Duality cluster :)

Thanks a lot for the reply. I hope you try it and I'm interested to hear the results. Keep me updated!

P.S. That ring doesn't seem great, frankly. How do you plan to cap your resists? You should be able to find something better.
Edit: Had another look at your tree. One way to justify going shadow is to pick up the aura cluster right there, and then maybe go down to Heart of Oak. Maybe you could use Lightning Strike thanks to the Ballistic Mastery notable? The guide has a few of my thoughts on Lightning Strike and how it is fully viable and can hold its own with Molten/Static strike. The Ballistic Mastery might just be the tipping factor...
Last edited by Assassin2000 on Dec 15, 2014, 2:47:49 PM
Interesting, I didn't think I had picked up the duality cluster. Maybe something got messed up in the tree I linked from POE builder? Also agree with you on the ring...that was an accidental click as I was looking through. I need to pick up an Aegis (likely not legacy unless I actually commit to this build) and we'll see how it all shakes out. I like the idea of Static rather than the others for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. I'll let you know how it pans out.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABIcFLQY5CTMM9w3ND6sUIBT2FSAWvxm0Gj4brRzOJIspLimlKk0rUCzpL8wyTjWSOp08LT0PPeI_J0CgR35I7krITipPfVBHUUxRYFM1W69eE18_YEti7GVNZ5tqjG6qcql07XfjeK55OXrvfLh82X1bfuKAVoTZhO-GO4-Zm7Wi2amVrEesr64-r6ew2LXytoq3Pr02vqfAv8GCwzrE9sauyBTKSsrT0TbTfti93Q3iLORR7w7vevIv8wb1b_aj9zL7qv4K_lQ=
"
Assassin2000 wrote:
"
Gorilla0 wrote:

Seems like nice gear there and I am especially interested in how Doryani's Invitation will work out... Looking forward to hear about it. I really didn't think this build would be decent using a shadow, but I suppose since it works for Duelist, Marauder, Templar, Ranger and Scion, I don't see why not :-)

Just looked at your tree, doesn't seem to be great going shadow but it will certainly work :) Just not fully optimized, like a marauder or duelist imo. 1 thing though, I'm not sure why you picked up the Duality cluster :)

Thanks a lot for the reply. I hope you try it and I'm interested to hear the results. Keep me updated!

P.S. That ring doesn't seem great, frankly. How do you plan to cap your resists? You should be able to find something better.
Edit: Had another look at your tree. One way to justify going shadow is to pick up the aura cluster right there, and then maybe go down to Heart of Oak. Maybe you could use Lightning Strike thanks to the Ballistic Mastery notable? The guide has a few of my thoughts on Lightning Strike and how it is fully viable and can hold its own with Molten/Static strike. The Ballistic Mastery might just be the tipping factor...
Big build update! I have finally reached level 75 and equipped my Catalyst! I have also discovered just how awesome the new Physical to Lightning gem is!

Also, I pretty much made myself go bankrupt but I got myself a legacy Aegis as well!

I also added some things about how to make this build work on a small budget.
I added a skill tree for the Scion. I think this is a fully viable class, and probably the best class if you are on a small budget.

I also am planning to rework the tree to get some more elemental nodes (or at the very least, Catalyse).

And please, come on folks, I really want some feedback :-) I want to know what I am doing wrong and what I am doing right... If you are reading this, I encourage you, make a comment, of some sort :-)
In 2 days i will be at home and im pretty sure that if my friend will lend me his legacy aegis i will take a risk and try this build on my LVL 91 duelist .I will take more mace nodes on the left ,few more armor nodes and life nodes i just dont want to do full elemental dmg so i need to think if i will go to templar tree or no .I have some regrets so i will try to find the best option. Also i want to ask about the current dmg with molten strike vs static strike . If everything will be ok i will try to make a video .Currently im away so dont have a chance to even log in. Sorry for mistakes
IGN: BerserkCry LVL 91 / MoodyGod LVL 81
Last edited by Lancelod1992 on Dec 16, 2014, 11:36:48 AM
"
Lancelod1992 wrote:
In 2 days i will be at home and im pretty sure that if my friend will lend me his legacy aegis i will take a risk and try this build on my LVL 91 duelist .I will take more mace nodes on the left ,few more armor nodes and life nodes i just dont want to do full elemental dmg so i need to think if i will go to templar tree or no .I have some regrets so i will try to find the best option. Also i want to ask about the current dmg with molten strike vs static strike . I will everything will be ok i will try to make a video .Currently im away so dont have a chance to even log in. Sorry for mistakes

Great! I really am not sure which will benefit the build more, whether elemental or physical. I think the mace nodes on near RT are essential for a huge damage boost (I have 22k without any of them) but I also think Catalyse is a really nice node which is totally worthwhile. Hopefully you can experiment and see which works best :-)

Since you are lvl 91, you have 16 more nodes to choose than me, which is really sweet. If your buddy has a legacy Aegis, you don't need as many armour nodes and instead can invest in damage and life.

Do you have a Doryani's? After I realized just how strong Physical to Lightning is, Doryani's Catalyst is slowly shifting from 'recommended' to 'almost necessary'.

About Static vs Molten vs Lightning strike.... It is really hard to choose, I think you should try all of them. Molten strike and lightning strike have the highest dps and I think molten is best for single target, while Static is better for AOE. Lightning has the advantage of being ranged, but I can't really imagine a use for this. Lightning and Static also have the best synergy with the Physical to Lightning gem and using a Lightning variation Doryani's Invitation could be very strong.

So which have I chosen? I chose Molten strike simply because of my pc (hitting 'air' still gives magma balls and kills stuff), but I would ideally rather have Static strike.

Thanks for the reply, mate!

P.S. If you could do a video, I would be extremely grateful!
I will check few options for sure .
doryani's catalyst its not a problem i will try to buy one with high roll. ;)
IGN: BerserkCry LVL 91 / MoodyGod LVL 81
"
Lancelod1992 wrote:
I will check few options for sure .
doryani's catalyst its not a problem i will try to buy one with high roll. ;)

Fantastic... I really want to see how the build will perform at higher levels.

I have been thinking about, if the clear speed feels low at higher levels and tankiness is more than satisfactory, simply swapping out grace for herald of ash in the doryani to make use of the elemental proliferation... it should boost the clear speed by a lot. In conjunction with HoA, perhaps Tempest shield could be used. This would allow us to completely drop the Ranger area block nodes while giving a little extra dps... around 180 per block. Of course, it can be used for other things, like curse on hit (this seems like a rather attractive option) and mana leech (also extremely interesting since it can leech 9 mana per block and we should be blocking more than twice per second)...

So many options, so many ideas... Just wish I could test them all :-)

Any help/comments/suggetions? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info