Blink Arrow

Blink arrow is broken ATM when used while moving. Cooldown activated but nothing happens. Animation canceling issue after patch?
Exiled for Eternity
Note: This is a similar post I just made on the Mirror Arrow feedback as they have the same following issue.

I have had a ton of fun playing with Mirror and Blink Arrow in the past. However, about 2 or 3 leagues ago, the targeting of the arrow (not the minion) seemed to change. I began having huge issues when trying to fire either skill near a wall or an object.

The arrow seems to have trouble finding a landing spot and thus fails to fire at all (note that it does not consume the cooldown either, which at least helps a bit). But the skill has become really clunky as a result, making any tight map or maps with lots of clutter very slow and clunky to play as you have to try a few different landing spots with each arrow.

I am playing on lockstep, so this issue is separate from the predictive mode that is being fixed in the next patch. I was hoping the improvements to pathfinding in 3.7 would solve the issue, but it has not.

As a potential solution, can the arrow search for a nearby, valid location to land? I think it would be more than acceptable to have a skill that has a higher chance of actually going through than landing exactly on your cursor.
Blink Arrow no cooldown please?

or 3 stacks like Flame Dash. :D
thankyou for reading
A
Copypasta from the Mirror Arrow thread:

I think its time to buff this skill slightly.

Second Wind currently does close to nothing for Mirror Arrow/Blink Arrow.

From the announcement prior to Delirium:
"It's worth noting that Blink Arrow hasn't received any changes but works well with the Second Wind support." (same applies to Mirror Arrow)

It is time GGG.

It would be cooler if Second Wind actually had a special interaction with both gems. Instead of giving 2 charges it could enable Mirror Arrow/Blink Arrow to spawn 2 minions per cast.

Together with the slight CDR on the Second Wind it would make a good damage link, about ~55%+ more damage if we factor in the loss of a damage link to fit it in.

This would help Mirror Arrow/Blink Arrow Builds to reach better clear coverage much faster while mapping, an area where those builds struggle without a Snythesis Bow. This would also improve the defenses.

A general CDR reduction wouldn't hurt either. 3 seconds base is just to long.

With the introduction of "multi skill" gems like Stormbind, I feel it would be a good idea to combine both Blink/Mirror Arrow into a single gem, that you can split up in Miror Arrow/Blink Arrow on your skill bar. It still keeps the essence of the original Skill design.

Miror Arrow/Blink Arrow builds currently have to use 2 seperate 6-links with 2 sets of (awakened) gems, which makes the entry and highend cost way to high for the results you get. You can't cheat with "socketed gems"-items and modifiers, because only one of the clone-types will get the benefits. This is pretty silly honestly considering there are essentially the same minion. Only difference is where they spawn when cast.

This would free up alot of space in those builds to fit in supportive skills.

Helm enchants of both Mirro Arrow/Blink Arrow could also be combined.
Why Blink Arrow has no "blink" gem tag?
"
allrandom2 wrote:
Why Blink Arrow has no "blink" gem tag?

Because the skill is never instant. That being said, you bring up a good point and it's probably a good idea to rename this skill now to prevent confusion
quick feedback- non-build specific.

It would be nice if after death effects target the clone after using the skill... it makes logical sense and I feel it will add very needed utility to it.
Blink Arrow of Prismatic Clones - maximum of 3 clones which use Elemental Hit

Is the Ele Hit they use identical with the Ele Hit skill gem or does it have its own numbers?

Does the Ele Hit they use scale with gem levels?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info